Eastdil Secured

Eastdil Secured Interview Questions

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eastdil Secured

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Eastdil Secured in October 2013.

Had an On-Campus interview, for which they responded within a week for an invitation to the office in New York. Had a sequence of 30 minute interviews with most of the hierarchy (analyst to director) followed by a case study analyzing the cash flow of an office building for a total of four or so hours. They took two weeks longer to get back to me than they had said they would for the final decision, but probably because I was on the wait list until all of the chosen analysts had accepted their offers.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the CIO of an acquisitions company, what are the aspects of a building you would look into and why?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eastdil Secured in January 2013.

one phone interview and one in-person interview. They try to scare you off by telling you about the grueling hours but they pay $20/hour for an intern, which is pretty great. No analytical questions: mainly just asking about my resume, why I want to work for Eastdil, what I think it takes to be an analyst.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you want to ask me that you normally aren't allowed to ask in a job interview?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eastdil Secured in February 2012.

Going into the interview process, I had my concerns. I have a friend who is currently working as an analyst. He informed me the interview process was very rigorous. Indeed, it was. It seemed I was interviewed by practically the entire team. Regardless, I am happy with the results. The interview really stressed the importance of business experience, real estate interest and a high gpa.

Interview Questions
    I wasn’t able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Eastdil Secured in November 2010.

First came to campus for a short 30 minute interview, called back to office to have 6 half hour interviews, some informational and some more technical

Interview Questions
    • What are all the important rates for valuing real estate?   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eastdil Secured in November 2011.

Had a phone interview, 1:1, and then multiple 1:1 (total of 3 rounds).

Asked mostly behavior questions during the first 1:1 interview. Everyone is very bright and willing to give it their all to finish whatever task assign.

Was also given a skill test that asked conceptual financial questions. Also asked you to build financial models using excel.

Analyst Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Eastdil Secured in April 2011.

I had a couple of 1 on 1 interviews with senior level managers and I also had a 3 on 1 interview with some associates in the office. They asked typical behavioral based questions; transitioned to more specific questions about real estate investment analysis, including questions about ARGUS. Eastdil does not have an "analyst training program" so the associates described the learning curve at the firm as "trying to drink water out of a fire-hydrant" for the first year. All the interviewers I came in contact with were extremely professional.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you get from Potential Gross Income to the Equity Before Tax Cash Flow in a real estate DCF model.   Answer Question