Easter Seals Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.6

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Easter Seals.

Interview

I went to the open interviews for Easter Seals. It was an enjoyable, down to earth interview. The next day I got a chance to observe the classrooms and meet the great staff and students.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a child is calling you the worst name you can imagine?   Answer Question

Early Intervention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Easter Seals (Greenville, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through indeed. I called and checked in two weeks after I applied. They called me five weeks after I applied and wanted to set up an interview. The interview was at a Starbucks, very relaxed interview. I heard back from them the next day. They checked my background, and I did fingerprints, sent my transcript, and they called my references. Once all of this was complete, they called and offered me the job. This process took two weeks before they could offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you walked into a house that had cockroaches crawling across the floors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate. I just accepted the position and benefits as it was offered.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Easter Seals (Valhalla, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone interview with the HR Assistant. Interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Person doing the phone interview/screening was knowledgeable about the position and had the responsibility of doing the initial screening for the position. Following the interview, the HR Assistant was to make recommendations to the Department Manager for face-to-face interview. This was an internship for credit position.

Interview Questions

• Since you are completing your Masters Degree in Human Resource Management, why would you want to do an internship as an HR Assistant.   1 Answer

Again, this was an internship for credit and I did not have enough remaining credits for the school to approve.

Rehab Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Easter Seals.

Interview

The hiring process went by very quickly. I sent in an online resume via the website. I later got a call back to set up a face- to-face interview. The interview was with the director of rehab/autism team. It was a very basic interview where I was asked about myself and about my past experiences in rehab. She wanted to know how I felt about Autism Spectrum since many kids there are ASD.

Negotiation

As a non- profit , they tell you they are offering you all they are able to. But different employees are paid more to do the same job.

Behavior Interventionist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Easter Seals.

Interview

one phone interview (half an hour), one in person interview that was mostly information from me about what my expectations from the job was, really nice recruiter and thorough questions to gauge the quality of my experience

Interview Questions

• all relatively easy questions, what has your previous experience with working with children with autism bene like   Answer Question

MST Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Easter Seals.

Interview

I sent my information online I was initially contacted by a supervisor in the department to have a meeting and discuss the position and the MST therapy process. After that, and after my interest was gauged another meeting was set up in order to ask questions based on experience, skills, and some of those rather "standard" interview questions (e.g. where you see yourself in five years, strengths and weaknesses). A lot of the questions will be discussing experience with family therapy and experience in providing counseling. The second interview will be a role play interview in which you are given several cases to role play with the interviewer in order to see and qualify your skills in vivo. All of these interviews are group interviews with multiple managers/supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Role play cases, as it's difficult to prepare for this type of nontraditional interview "question."   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Easter Seals (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process in well thought out. First there is a phone interview. Then there is a panel interview with other teachers and administrators. They will go around the table and ask you various questions about your teaching experience, knowledge on best practice, and answers to scenarios. You then have a task to complete that entails preparing a lesson and teaching it in form of a group of students.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part in the task of teaching the lesson as the students have unexpected behaviors at times. Ask ahead of time to be put in contact with the students to best learn about their students. This will help you to prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will offer it based on your years of teaching and education level but there is no lane or step system.

Clinical Training Specialist Interview

Interview

Smooth and easy process for being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What is something that I would like to learn or grow in to with working in this field?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Easter Seals (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Odd interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great company.

Autism Behavior Interventionist Interview

Interview

It went fine. The recruiters were nice enough. The paperwork was a bit much. The ESBA HR department is disorganized and messed up my benefits and pay. It took months to resolve.

Negotiation

Didn't allow for negotiations