Easter Seals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Direct Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Easter Seals (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Sent in application, had a typical interview. Was offered the job contingent on passing a physical. They were willing to work with me on my schedule. The whole process was fairly quick. They have fairly high turnover so I think they are always needing people which probably speeds up the process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with people with disabilities?   Answer Question

Behavior Interventionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Easter Seals (Pleasant Hill, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very simple and painless process. The interviewer was very easygoing and relatable, it seemed like all the hiring managers were the same way- very kind- and that showed during the interview. They ask you about your experiences and really don't want to hear a canned response of what you think you're supposed to say- but truly what your life and life experiences have taught you, and in turn, what you bring to the table because of those.

Interview Questions

• In your previous jobs, when have you had a challenging experience with a child? With a parent?   Answer Question

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by a one-on-one interview with the regional director. Phone interview is to verify that you meet the minimum qualifications (Bachelor's degree). The second interview is your chance to let the employer know about your previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous experience is applicable to this job position?   Answer Question

Accounting Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Easter Seals (East Brunswick, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume and cover letter. Within 2 days I was called, but missed the call. It took about a week to reach someone. Once I got in contact with the hr rep, I was screened over the phone and was asked to come in for an interview. Within two days I interviewed and two days after that I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me two words that describe you?   1 Answer

SCL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Easter Seals (Des Moines, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

I Immediately got in for a first interview after applying on line (within 24 hours), followed by a second interview the following day. The interviewers were both polite and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• The questions were "tell me an experience when..." and then the outcome. Some of the questions were replicated during the second interview. They were all related to values and ethics.   1 Answer

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Easter Seals (Pleasant Hill, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then received and invitation via email for a phone interview 2 days later. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was asked to schedule an in person interview for the following week. During the in person interview I met with two clinical people and was offer the job on the spot. There was no room for salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a parent that was not on board with the treatment goals?   Answer Question

Early Interventionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Easter Seals (Hilo, HI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview questions gave an overall view of what the job in tailed. Each question required an example of how you would approach, plan, or what you have done in the past relating to children's behavioral needs and developmental delays. They were extremely polite and friendly. The questions were not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a child who is demonstrating aggressive behaviors?   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Easter Seals.

Interview

I went to the open interviews for Easter Seals. It was an enjoyable, down to earth interview. The next day I got a chance to observe the classrooms and meet the great staff and students.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a child is calling you the worst name you can imagine?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Easter Seals (Evansville, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and listed a current employee as a reference. Within a week or two, the HR manager called me and set up an interview. It was fairly simple -- what made you interested in working with Easter Seals? What do you know about the company? Do you know anyone with special needs? She told me immediately that she was sending my information to a group home for an interview. Their manager contacted me within a day or so, and I went to the interview later that week. It was also easy and mostly questions about myself and my reasons for wanting to work with this population -- more of a psychological interview than anything, I think. I met the residents and thought it went well. I emailed the HR manager again a few weeks later and said I was still interested, and she said that group home had gone with someone else but she liked me and was sending my info to another group home. That interview was the same, really. I met the residents and got a call a few days later saying they wanted to hire me. I was on the floor within days, and I started training (5 8 hour classes) at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken care of anyone besides yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Easter Seals?   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Easter Seals (Winter Park, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy going relaxed interview with 3 different people all very friendly. Background screening and drug test process was quick and easy. HR was quick with getting back to me and letting me know what paperwork I needed to turn in

Interview Questions

• Why do you like caring for others   1 Answer