Easter Seals Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.6

SCL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Easter Seals (Des Moines, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

I Immediately got in for a first interview after applying on line (within 24 hours), followed by a second interview the following day. The interviewers were both polite and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• The questions were "tell me an experience when..." and then the outcome. Some of the questions were replicated during the second interview. They were all related to values and ethics.   1 Answer

Accounting Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Easter Seals (East Brunswick, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume and cover letter. Within 2 days I was called, but missed the call. It took about a week to reach someone. Once I got in contact with the hr rep, I was screened over the phone and was asked to come in for an interview. Within two days I interviewed and two days after that I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me two words that describe you?   1 Answer

Behavior Interventionist Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by a one-on-one interview with the regional director. Phone interview is to verify that you meet the minimum qualifications (Bachelor's degree). The second interview is your chance to let the employer know about your previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous experience is applicable to this job position?   Answer Question

Early Interventionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Easter Seals (Hilo, HI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview questions gave an overall view of what the job in tailed. Each question required an example of how you would approach, plan, or what you have done in the past relating to children's behavioral needs and developmental delays. They were extremely polite and friendly. The questions were not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a child who is demonstrating aggressive behaviors?   Answer Question

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Easter Seals (Pleasant Hill, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then received and invitation via email for a phone interview 2 days later. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was asked to schedule an in person interview for the following week. During the in person interview I met with two clinical people and was offer the job on the spot. There was no room for salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a parent that was not on board with the treatment goals?   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Easter Seals.

Interview

I went to the open interviews for Easter Seals. It was an enjoyable, down to earth interview. The next day I got a chance to observe the classrooms and meet the great staff and students.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a child is calling you the worst name you can imagine?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Easter Seals (Evansville, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and listed a current employee as a reference. Within a week or two, the HR manager called me and set up an interview. It was fairly simple -- what made you interested in working with Easter Seals? What do you know about the company? Do you know anyone with special needs? She told me immediately that she was sending my information to a group home for an interview. Their manager contacted me within a day or so, and I went to the interview later that week. It was also easy and mostly questions about myself and my reasons for wanting to work with this population -- more of a psychological interview than anything, I think. I met the residents and thought it went well. I emailed the HR manager again a few weeks later and said I was still interested, and she said that group home had gone with someone else but she liked me and was sending my info to another group home. That interview was the same, really. I met the residents and got a call a few days later saying they wanted to hire me. I was on the floor within days, and I started training (5 8 hour classes) at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken care of anyone besides yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Easter Seals?   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Easter Seals (Winter Park, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy going relaxed interview with 3 different people all very friendly. Background screening and drug test process was quick and easy. HR was quick with getting back to me and letting me know what paperwork I needed to turn in

Interview Questions

• Why do you like caring for others   1 Answer

Early Intervention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Easter Seals (Greenville, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through indeed. I called and checked in two weeks after I applied. They called me five weeks after I applied and wanted to set up an interview. The interview was at a Starbucks, very relaxed interview. I heard back from them the next day. They checked my background, and I did fingerprints, sent my transcript, and they called my references. Once all of this was complete, they called and offered me the job. This process took two weeks before they could offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you walked into a house that had cockroaches crawling across the floors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate. I just accepted the position and benefits as it was offered.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Easter Seals (Valhalla, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone interview with the HR Assistant. Interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Person doing the phone interview/screening was knowledgeable about the position and had the responsibility of doing the initial screening for the position. Following the interview, the HR Assistant was to make recommendations to the Department Manager for face-to-face interview. This was an internship for credit position.

Interview Questions

• Since you are completing your Masters Degree in Human Resource Management, why would you want to do an internship as an HR Assistant.   1 Answer

Again, this was an internship for credit and I did not have enough remaining credits for the school to approve.