Eastern Connecticut State University

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eastern Connecticut State University

Campus Activity Board Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willimantic, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eastern Connecticut State University (Willimantic, CT).

Interview

Applied online through the Eastern jobs website, filled out a form and submitted it with my resume. Within a couple of a days I received an email from the Assistant Director of Student Activities to set up an interview. Arrived at the students activities office early and was ready for my interview, waited a couple of minutes and was called in. I was interviewed by the assistant director of student activities herself as well as their grad intern, they were very professional and laid back. After the usual set of interview questions I was told to look out for an email in a couple of days to notify if I had received the or not. The interview lasts around 20-30 minutes and I did not feel rushed. I was offered the job and loved every second of it. I built great friendships with my co-workers and supervisor, overall great people and office to work in.

Interview Questions

• What's something different that you can bring to CAB? How do you think CAB can help you?   Answer Question

Social Media Coordinator/Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willimantic, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Connecticut State University (Willimantic, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

I saw a post on HighEdJobs.com for the position. I immediately, within a day it was posted, applied for the job. I put together a Wordpress site with my work and spent about 10 hours creating a resume specific to the job requirements. I also created a cover letter and noted my key skills that I would apply to the job, if hired. I printed out my cover letter, resume, three references and links to websites I had worked on and sent to it to my future employer via certified post mail. I received an email within three days requesting to schedule an interview. I met with the Director of the department and spoke for about an hour about my portfolio of work. We left on good terms and about a week and a half later I was sent an email confirming I had received the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you integrate Mobile Apps using our digital assets?   Answer Question

Political Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastern Connecticut State University in February 2012.

Interview

The phone interview involved 5 faculty members in the existing department. It required extensive background preparation on the institution. Additionally, it was helpful that I was prepared to discuss how I would teach specific classes that they offer as well as contribute to the institution via my research and service.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss one thing that you like the most about your current institution, as well as one thing that you like the least.   Answer Question