Eastern Maine Medical Center

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eastern Maine Medical Center

Candidate Interview Review

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Eastern Maine Medical Center in November 2011.

I was a new graduate out of nursing school when I applied online for a cardiology floor position. I was then contacted by human resources recruiter within a week or two to set up interview. Scheduled interview within another week and met with human resources recruiter first and was grilled by her with about 20 questions. She was extremely nice and welcoming and her questions were really good ones that I was well prepared for. Then after her questions, she basically told me that I was someone they would like to hire and sent me over to the hospital building for the second part of the interview with the floor manager.

When I got there, the floor manager had been called in to work the overnight shift because of call-in's so I was interviewed by the clinical educator. The interview was short and sweet and she showed me around the floor. It seemed like a busy place, and everyone was very nice and welcoming. After the tour of the unit, I was basically told I had the job and that they hoped I would consider working for them. 2 days later, I was contacted by human resources for an offer and I accepted.

There was a post offer drug screen that I submitted to at the employee health clinic and it took two days for the results to come back so I could start working. I started orientation the following monday and I thought they did an excellent job with that.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked under or with someone that you thought it was okay to break policy?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. The union mandates how much people are paid at this hospital and it goes by seniority.

Worked for Eastern Maine Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!