Eastern Michigan University

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vendor/Budget Manager Interview

Ypsilanti, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a person in another department. He forwarded my information to my now supervisor. I then emailed that person with my resume, and he contacted me for an interview. The interview was with him, and also the Director of our specific program as well as the Director for the whole department. They offered me the job right after the interview.

Interview Question – Whether I worked better with a group or as an individual?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a set position for students, so the only real negotiation involved was my work hours.

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Eastern Michigan University.

Interview Details – Very easy process, I looked into which departments needed student workers and went in to talk to them. I was hired by the first department I went to by the time I walked out after filling out my application.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions, just me telling them I had work-study and them asking when I was available to work.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker
Ypsilanti, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in August 2013.

Interview Details – I simply sent out an application to the manager at the Eastern Eateries, along with my schedule. He set up an interview with me for several days, and I was immediately hired. It is not a hard process, and they really need people.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are very flexible with scheduling, I was able to have Sundays off for my sorority meetings.

Graduate Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in May 2012.

Interview Details – Resume submission -> interview with 3 person and test

Interview Question – Tell me the time that you make mistake and how you handle that.   View Answer

Crew Student Interview

Ypsilanti, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in June 2010.

Interview Details – Went to the physical plant, filled out an application, and a few days later got a call and got asked when I could start. You don't need a lot of experience, but they do want people who are motivated. You need to be able to lift a lot because there is a lot of furniture moving involved. I was hired and started a few days later after the call.

Negotiation Details – I didn't have one, I was just hired.

Ypsilanti, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in March 2011.

Interview Details – Usually it is just a phone interview to start in order to see if you have any experience working in collegiate athletics and if you have knowledge of writing press releases, compiling stats, working with social media, etc. If you get past that point you will likely be invited to look around campus and meet the office staff.

Interview Question – Pretty straightforward..."what do you want out of your two years, what are your strengths, etc."   Answer Question

Ypsilanti, MI

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in December 2008.

Interview Details – It's Pretty straight forward to get a GA position at Eastern. All you need is your buddy there to refer you when he/she graduates. Occasionally you get called through grad school but the best possible way is either to go to a dept and refer yourself or others in there

Interview Questions

Broadcasting Interview

Ypsilanti, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in August 2007.

Interview Details – Sent in resume. Called 3 weeks later for phone interview then personal interview

Interview Question – Do you know what we do here   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online to the posting. I was soon thereafter contacted by the office and asked to take part in the interview process. This was a standard entry level position.

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was recommended by another GA in the college. Meet with manager for an interview, was supposed to interview with another manager. Manager was unavailable, and I was hired. The interview was mostly to determine if I would fit into the environment and be able to do what I said I could related to software skills.

Interview Question – Tell me what software packages you've worked with and your level of proficiency.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available - take it or leave it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Eastern Michigan University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eastern Michigan University interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Eastern Michigan University employees and interview candidates.