Eastern Mountain Sports

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Guide

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports.

Interview Details – I came into the store and filled out an application. I spoke with the store manager and explained why I wanted to work there and asked if I could come in for an interview. I was given a date for the following week for an interview. I arrived for the interview and was only asked a few simple questions. The conversation quickly turned to how much the pay would be and when I could start.

Interview Question – How would help a customer prepare for a hiking trip?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was told that $10 /hr is the best they can do.

Interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports

Interview Details – hiring process was just an interview and then a reference call check. there wasn't really too much to it, basically just like any other retail interview process. then you go through some video training (which isn't really that useful) and you are ready to go

Interview Question – no difficult questions here   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports in April 2009.

Interview Details – 4 interviews to become a part time guide. A little excessive. What can I say: it was 2009 and I was desperate for a job like 1,000,000 other Americans. The process seemed lengthy, unorganized and a little over the top. It was difficult to determine if it was a legitimate and thoughtful delay to ensure smart hiring or if the powers that be were uncertain of what their precise needs were. Could be really intimidating for younger applicants that are new to interviews.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate? (for 12-15 hours a week)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

New York, NY

Interview Details – I got called in for an interview, and granted that i have worked many jobs and have 2 degrees, this was one of the most intense interview for a 10/hr position. Questions varied from describe a position of leadership, or a time in your life when you had to convince someone to do something that they didn't want to do. Very strange questions for a regular sales position for poor pay. Following the manager could not verify all of my references and made me submit new ones.

Interview Question – Describe a tough work situation which you managed to resolve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed a job

Guide

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports in November 2008.

Interview Details – went in and dropped it off.

Interview Question – don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not really. at the time better than what i was making in other job.

Very Easy Interview

Guide

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports in March 2010.

Interview Details – Job application was standard retail - standard form application has to be filled out on-site. I was called in for an in-person interview with the manager of the store, told about the company and offered a position within half an hour.

Interview Question – How did you hear about the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations - payroll is very tight.

Worked for Eastern Mountain Sports? Contribute to the Community!