Eastern Mountain Sports

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Guide Interview

Store Guide
Hyannis, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports.

Interview Details – The hiring process starts with a walking application. Once this is completed, you wait for the hiring manager to call you in for an interview. You might end waiting for a few month depending on the season, but it could only be a few weeks.After the interview, it takes another week or two while they verify references then they call you with an offer if they decide to hire you. Do not expect a call back if you are not hired.

Interview Question – Its been a while, but beware the dreaded "sell me this pen question".   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Guide

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports.

Interview Details – I came into the store and filled out an application. I spoke with the store manager and explained why I wanted to work there and asked if I could come in for an interview. I was given a date for the following week for an interview. I arrived for the interview and was only asked a few simple questions. The conversation quickly turned to how much the pay would be and when I could start.

Interview Question – How would help a customer prepare for a hiking trip?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was told that $10 /hr is the best they can do.

Very Easy Interview

Eastern Mountain Sports/Bike Shop Manager Interview

Eastern Mountain Sports/Bike Shop Manager
Collegeville, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports in April 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward process. Sent my resume and meet with the Bike Shop Manager and Assistant Manager. One interview and had the position.

Negotiation Details – I got what I asked for, but I could have gotten more. Times have changed since, so that may not be true today.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports

Interview Details – hiring process was just an interview and then a reference call check. there wasn't really too much to it, basically just like any other retail interview process. then you go through some video training (which isn't really that useful) and you are ready to go

Interview Question – no difficult questions here   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports in April 2009.

Interview Details – 4 interviews to become a part time guide. A little excessive. What can I say: it was 2009 and I was desperate for a job like 1,000,000 other Americans. The process seemed lengthy, unorganized and a little over the top. It was difficult to determine if it was a legitimate and thoughtful delay to ensure smart hiring or if the powers that be were uncertain of what their precise needs were. Could be really intimidating for younger applicants that are new to interviews.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate? (for 12-15 hours a week)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports

Interview Details – If you get called in for an interview, chances are you have already secured the job. It is a pretty easy process. Best ways to impress them is sharing previous outdoor experience and gear knowledge. The next best thing is going to be to have some sort of customer service experience. If you have those, and they have an open position, you'll get the job.

Interview Question – What is an experience you had that you felt you had failed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not have a chance to negotiate, not sure if there was even an opportunity to. Wasn't prepared.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports.

Interview Details – As an internal applicant I had to do a career advancement form. This form should be extremely thorough and endorsed by your store manager. I had 5 pages for this, including examples from this and other jobs. After this goes to the DM, you are offered an interview. You are then interviewed by the regional manager. It is a fairly straightforward process. Just be sure to be thorough and to ask a lot of questions from others already in this position.

Interview Question – I was asked if I could be given an extra $5000 in my budget where would I use it. I opted for training, which was a good response. Always try to think what would benefit the store the most in the long run, and what will affect the most customers immediately.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another great opportunity presented itself simultaneously.

Maintenance Associate Interview

Maintenance Associate
Peterborough, NH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports.

Interview Details – The interview process took place at the annual Job Fair and my Resume was reviewed by a Warehouse Supervisor and the Facility Manager decided to hire me Full time due to a situation where I needed insurance. It was a pleasant experience and they made you feel like part of the family! Later into the Employment my resume was reviewed again and I replaced an Associate who was leaving Maintenance.

Interview Question – I do not remember any for Warehouse Worker. Maintenance came at a later date because of another review of my Resume.   Answer Question

New York, NY

Interview Details – I got called in for an interview, and granted that i have worked many jobs and have 2 degrees, this was one of the most intense interview for a 10/hr position. Questions varied from describe a position of leadership, or a time in your life when you had to convince someone to do something that they didn't want to do. Very strange questions for a regular sales position for poor pay. Following the manager could not verify all of my references and made me submit new ones.

Interview Question – Describe a tough work situation which you managed to resolve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed a job

Guide

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports in November 2008.

Interview Details – went in and dropped it off.

Interview Question – don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not really. at the time better than what i was making in other job.

Worked for Eastern Mountain Sports? Contribute to the Community!