Eastman Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Met on campus and was given an interview date. Interview was by phone and with one of the hiring managers. It lasted 30 minutes. Got an offer couple weeks from then.

Software Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

I met two recruiters at my campus career fair. They invited me to interview with them the next day. The interview was fine, mostly background questions with some experience questions and a couple of scenario's to respond to. They also invited those who were interviewing for a position to dinner and treated us. They were friendly and made us feel welcome!

They'd already filled their internship positions, and they were interviewing us in case spots opened up, so no offer was made. There is a chance of an offer in the future.

Overall, a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Scenario regarding a customer's request and time constraints.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Was hired based upon my specialty experience and recommendation of my predecessor; biggest decision was whether to surrender good job at SEC in Washington and related future prospects and to move family from D.C area to small town

Advanced Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

The hiring process requires you to go through their online application process and make sure that your resume matches the position fairly closely. You are first screened by Computer then by hiring person. They then arranged for a series of panel interviews on one day, and were considerate of my schedule, not just theirs.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make sure an application if capable of being multilingual.   View Answer
    Negotiation was like
    them:here is our offer.
    me: Can we talk about that?
    them: We can but the dept won't budge they give their best offer up front to avoid negotiation.

Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

A day long interview, lunch with the staff, and dinner the night before. Everything went well, and all of the logistics were well organized. A little scattershot on who I was meeting and why, and some people were away.

Interview Questions
    • I really can't say there was one, I think the biggest issue was that people seemed to make it up as they went along, rather than having a plan or focus.   Answer Question

Chemical Operator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Its has been many years ago. And it has changed alot, there is a more detailed process that is done. Online application, testing and several interviews.

none

Senior Attorney Interview

Very details interview process. Spoke with 5 different attorneys, the associate GC and GC. Also was asked to dinner at the GC's home which was a nice touch.

Surface Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Chemical in June 2014.

Apply on-line for the job;
    Being asked for the transcript
    Fristly, talk with the manager about the job responsibility, your own vision and expertise;
    secondly, phone interview-on site interview.
    Now I am in the process of getting references for the HR.
    Thirdly, I think then they will decide.

Interview Questions
    • general questions. not much unexpected questions   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Everyone is very nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 20 years?   View Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

had to take test and interview at least 3 times

Interview Questions
    • how good are you at managing other people that may be several years older?   Answer Question