Eastman Chemical

Eastman Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Everything from an HR standpoint was great. Interviews were structured and there were fairly predictable behavioral questions. The meals were uncomfortable though. The conversation was very unprofessional and inappropriate. Didn't get much time to join in the conversation between the two employees.

Entry Level Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Had an initial interview on my college campus with two recruiters. They basically asked me to back up my resume, explain things on it, etc. Got invited to an on-site interview. We stayed the night in Kingsport and they took me and 2 other students out to dinner. The next day, we had breakfast with a host and they talked a little about the job, etc. Then each potential hire gave a short presentation, had a panel interview with about 6 employees of eastman, and then we took a tour of the plant.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to explain some of my bad grades on my transcript, like why they were low, how I recovered, etc.   Answer Question

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Chemical in November 2014.

I applied through a career fair at my university. A preliminary phone interview was scheduled with the basic STAR format questions. Company paid for me to fly to headquarters for the interviews. One of the engineers met me for dinner the night before the interview day. The interview day consisted of several one-on-one interviews and a couple of panel interviews. The interviews consisted of mainly STAR questions with a few technical questions. The technical questions were not difficult. Everyone was professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

Offered position didn't match with my career interests.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Met a recruiter at a career fair. I was contacted two weeks later for an interview. They schedule me for a wrong day, so had to move my interview last minute. The interview was all behavior/typical questions like why I want to work there, where I prefer to live, etc. Lasted an hour. They got back to me in two weeks.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Met on campus and was given an interview date. Interview was by phone and with one of the hiring managers. It lasted 30 minutes. Got an offer couple weeks from then.

Software Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

I met two recruiters at my campus career fair. They invited me to interview with them the next day. The interview was fine, mostly background questions with some experience questions and a couple of scenario's to respond to. They also invited those who were interviewing for a position to dinner and treated us. They were friendly and made us feel welcome!

They'd already filled their internship positions, and they were interviewing us in case spots opened up, so no offer was made. There is a chance of an offer in the future.

Overall, a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Scenario regarding a customer's request and time constraints.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Was hired based upon my specialty experience and recommendation of my predecessor; biggest decision was whether to surrender good job at SEC in Washington and related future prospects and to move family from D.C area to small town

Advanced Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

The hiring process requires you to go through their online application process and make sure that your resume matches the position fairly closely. You are first screened by Computer then by hiring person. They then arranged for a series of panel interviews on one day, and were considerate of my schedule, not just theirs.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make sure an application if capable of being multilingual.   View Answer
    Negotiation was like
    them:here is our offer.
    me: Can we talk about that?
    them: We can but the dept won't budge they give their best offer up front to avoid negotiation.

Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

A day long interview, lunch with the staff, and dinner the night before. Everything went well, and all of the logistics were well organized. A little scattershot on who I was meeting and why, and some people were away.

Interview Questions
    • I really can't say there was one, I think the biggest issue was that people seemed to make it up as they went along, rather than having a plan or focus.   Answer Question

Chemical Operator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Its has been many years ago. And it has changed alot, there is a more detailed process that is done. Online application, testing and several interviews.

none