Eastman Chemical

60 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operator Interview

Longview, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Interview Details – had to take test and interview at least 3 times

Interview Question – how good are you at managing other people that may be several years older?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview was on campus. Received a call-back from HR that requested a formal, on-site interview. Interview process on site was staggered two-person interviews with management and technical people.

Negotiation Details – I felt the salary was very fair. I failed to negotiate for more time off. I wish that I had at least attempted this.

Chemical Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at Eastman Chemical

Interview Details – Received interview through university career fair. I was interviewed on campus by the HR manager.

Interview Question – What type of workplace culture are you seeking?   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Interview Details – The company contacted me for a phone interview, which I passed. I was offered an onsite interview. This interview was subsequently cancelled when they saw (on my resume that they had the entire time) that my job availability was later than their preferred start time frame. I was surprised I got that far without them seeing this information.

Interview Question – None unexpected.   Answer Question

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

Entry Level Chemical Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Interview Details – Interviewed after co-oping with the company. They schedule an on-site interview. There are 4 one-on-one interviews with different group leaders. Each interviewer asks different questions from a typical packet of HR questions. They liked the STAR method for answering questions. Each interview lasts about an hour. The interviewers were extremely nice and friendly. Since there's different interviewers, some didn't ask many questions, they simply conversed with the interviewee to get to know them better.

Interview Question – If you were given the chance to be the CEO for the day, what would you do?   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Batesville, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Interview Details – Typical. On-campus followed by plant visit

Interview Question – Time when performance below expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Interview Details – I interview on campus, and was soon invited to an on-site interview. I had an offer deadline, and Eastman said they would contact me by then with some form of a response. They did not contact me, but I managed to push my offer deadline back. Weeks went by without hearing from them and I finally called only to be told that there was no decision yet and they would get back to me in a few days. I heard back three months later that they went with another candidate. I don't mind being turned down, but I feel like the process was unprofessional following the on-site interview.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Pricing Specialist Interview

Pricing Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting, two weeks after resume submission.
Most behavioral questions, a little bit conversational

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Interview Details – Phone Call, On-Site Interview

Interview Question – Questions were mostly the typical job fit/behaviors but included an hour and a half long technical interview administered orally.   Answer Question

Control Systems Technician Interview

Kingsport, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in August 2012.

Interview Details – Resume submitted online, was called in for interview. I was offered the position with a low ball figure. I asked for an increase and got it.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I requested what I thought the job would bring and they met it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eastman Chemical

Worked for Eastman Chemical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eastman Chemical interview questions and advice. All 60 interview reviews posted anonymously by Eastman Chemical employees and interview candidates.