Eastman Chemical Interview Questions in Tennessee

Updated Sep 5, 2014

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in January 2011.

I submitted my application online and received a phone call approximately 1 weeks later from HR. We set up a time for an interview that was suitable for all schedules. The interview was two weeks out. I was asked to arrive at 7:30am to meet with an HR rep who introduced me to the first interviewer. I was interviewed by two people at a time and would switch out every hour. The interview questions consisted of technical questions and scenarios that you may encounter. Eastman treated me to a lunch of my choice with a few of other employees. Following lunch, I had more interviews until approximately 4 and at 4:30 the manager checked in with me to see how I was doing. He sent me an email within the week to thank me for coming in for the interview and called with in the same week to ask me which group I would prefer to work with. I was hired within 2 weeks and started working a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. The duration of the interview process was energy draining.   Answer Question
    HR called me with the offer and it seemed too good to be true. I took the offer as it was written.

Engineer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in September 2013.

The interview and hiring process was one of the smoothest most professional experiences I have even been involved in. They were in constant contact with me and kept a very timely manner to the process.

Surface Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in June 2014.

Apply on-line for the job;
    Being asked for the transcript
    Fristly, talk with the manager about the job responsibility, your own vision and expertise;
    secondly, phone interview-on site interview.
    Now I am in the process of getting references for the HR.
    Thirdly, I think then they will decide.

Interview Questions
    • general questions. not much unexpected questions   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in May 2010.

The application process begins with an online application system. HR does all prescreening and contacts for additional interviews. A phone interview is typically next. After that I was interviewed by the hiring manager. The position was offered on the spot, then back to HR for salary negotiation (there was no negotiating) and an attempt to negotiate additional vacation time as I had 3 weeks at my current employer, this was also non-negotiable.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating on salary or benefits. They did not take any of my prior work experience (in a chemical mfg facility) as related experience. Unless you are a degreed professional, negotiations are off.

Entry Level Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in November 2013.

I applied for the position through a college career fest. I interviewed the next morning on campus, and was then called and asked to attend an on site interview. The interview was a panel interview composed of four individuals. Each took turns asking me questions mainly related to my experience. Some behavioral questions were also asked. They use the STAR interview technique. Do some research on the method and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your previous job working as a computer technician.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate. Offer was very competitive.

Strategic Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in February 2014.

Initial screening interview with recruiter, then 3 phone interview with managers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected-common questions related to specific job functions.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in November 2010.

Initial interview was on campus. Received a call-back from HR that requested a formal, on-site interview. Interview process on site was staggered two-person interviews with management and technical people.

I felt the salary was very fair. I failed to negotiate for more time off. I wish that I had at least attempted this.

Control Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in August 2012.

Resume submitted online, was called in for interview. I was offered the position with a low ball figure. I asked for an increase and got it.

Interview Questions
    I requested what I thought the job would bring and they met it.

Entry Level Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in November 2013.

I was offered a phone interview after speaking with Eastman at the job fair at my school. The phone interview as basic questions from my resume and then I was allowed to ask questions about the company. After the phone interview I was offered an on-site interview.
    The day before the interview I was invited to attend a dinner with a staff member and another interviewee. The day of the interview I was picked up at the hotel and taken to Eastman. First there was a tour of the building that we were interviewing in, and then I was allowed about an hour to talk and find out more about the company while the other candidate interviewed. The actual interview was a panel interview with four employees. The interviewers asked questions about the projects on my resume as well as my interests. They also asked behavioral questions where the key was to see what skills I had.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, describe that time and what the end results were.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Plant tour, meet with area managers, meet with area engineers

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any specific questions. The interview was more about what is Eastman.   Answer Question
    They made an offer and I said yes.

Worked for Eastman Chemical? Contribute to the Community!