Eastman Chemical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Technician Interview

Engineer Technician
Kingsport, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was one of the smoothest most professional experiences I have even been involved in. They were in constant contact with me and kept a very timely manner to the process.

Interview Question – What value can I add to the company?   Answer Question

Surface Scientist Interview

Surface Scientist
Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in June 2014.

Interview Details – Apply on-line for the job;
Being asked for the transcript
Fristly, talk with the manager about the job responsibility, your own vision and expertise;
secondly, phone interview-on site interview.
Now I am in the process of getting references for the HR.
Thirdly, I think then they will decide.

Interview Question – general questions. not much unexpected questions   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Kingsport, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in May 2010.

Interview Details – The application process begins with an online application system. HR does all prescreening and contacts for additional interviews. A phone interview is typically next. After that I was interviewed by the hiring manager. The position was offered on the spot, then back to HR for salary negotiation (there was no negotiating) and an attempt to negotiate additional vacation time as I had 3 weeks at my current employer, this was also non-negotiable.

Interview Question – All questions were typical targeted selection.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating on salary or benefits. They did not take any of my prior work experience (in a chemical mfg facility) as related experience. Unless you are a degreed professional, negotiations are off.

Entry Level Systems Analyst Interview

Entry Level Systems Analyst
Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through a college career fest. I interviewed the next morning on campus, and was then called and asked to attend an on site interview. The interview was a panel interview composed of four individuals. Each took turns asking me questions mainly related to my experience. Some behavioral questions were also asked. They use the STAR interview technique. Do some research on the method and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – Describe your previous job working as a computer technician.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Offer was very competitive.

Strategic Account Representative Interview

Strategic Account Representative
Kingsport, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initial screening interview with recruiter, then 3 phone interview with managers.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected-common questions related to specific job functions.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview was on campus. Received a call-back from HR that requested a formal, on-site interview. Interview process on site was staggered two-person interviews with management and technical people.

Negotiation Details – I felt the salary was very fair. I failed to negotiate for more time off. I wish that I had at least attempted this.

Control Systems Technician Interview

Control Systems Technician
Kingsport, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in August 2012.

Interview Details – Resume submitted online, was called in for interview. I was offered the position with a low ball figure. I asked for an increase and got it.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I requested what I thought the job would bring and they met it.

Entry Level Systems Analyst Interview

Entry Level Systems Analyst
Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Eastman Chemical in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was offered a phone interview after speaking with Eastman at the job fair at my school. The phone interview as basic questions from my resume and then I was allowed to ask questions about the company. After the phone interview I was offered an on-site interview.
The day before the interview I was invited to attend a dinner with a staff member and another interviewee. The day of the interview I was picked up at the hotel and taken to Eastman. First there was a tour of the building that we were interviewing in, and then I was allowed about an hour to talk and find out more about the company while the other candidate interviewed. The actual interview was a panel interview with four employees. The interviewers asked questions about the projects on my resume as well as my interests. They also asked behavioral questions where the key was to see what skills I had.

Interview Question – Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, describe that time and what the end results were.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Kingsport, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Interview Details – Plant tour, meet with area managers, meet with area engineers

Interview Question – I don't recall any specific questions. The interview was more about what is Eastman.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and I said yes.

Principal Team Manager Interview

Principal Team Manager
Kingsport, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Eastman Chemical.

Interview Details – Position requires several years of experience in maintenance or operations. In addition you will have needed to have completed either a two year degree and/or an apprenticeship with the company. Be able to give detailed examples of work experience demonstrating problems solving abilities as well as skills in communication, working with people, analysing and managing data through computer skills, etc.

Interview Question – Asked to describe your most challenging work related problem and what you did to overcome the situation and explain the positive results of your actions.   View Answer

Worked for Eastman Chemical? Contribute to the Community!