Eastman Kodak

3.1

Senior Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Eastman Kodak in August 2008.

As a current employee of the company, I was already familiar with the hiring process. However, I wasn't exactly expecting to be treated as a new hire. I interviewed with the program manager, team leader, two engineers, one technician and the HR manager. That's a lot of talking, sitting, listening and thinking - over a three hour period with no breaks. You should be prepared to answer a lot of the same questions and be honest - these guys don't mess around because the interview process is just as time consuming and stressful for them. The interviewers will collaborate after the meetings and make decisions based on your education, your past or present work experience, your answers and confidence in your abilities. Should you be an employee, your current supervisor will also weigh in with comments regarding work performance.
    Then you wait. Be prepared to wait a very long time unless the need is immensely important. Be aware that many companies ebb in and out of hiring freezes based on their quarterly performances. This was the case with my interview process which caused a three week "dead air" span in communications between myself and the HR manager. More on that later...

Interview Questions
    • What farm animal would you choose to live as if you could?   View Answer
    • What are your weaknesses?   View Answer
    The best advice I can give to people is to get your requirements figured out beforehand. Depending on the financial climate of the interviewing department, you may not be able to get a "killer offer". As a rule, Kodak tends to pay less than other companies in the Dayton area - but the perks are nice and the environment is less stressful than ends-against-the-middle tactics that many employers like to use. However, perks don't pay the bills. Depending on your personal financial situation, you may decide that you just need more money.
    You must take into account the calculated trickery of the HR department. I lobbied for a raise for the promotion I was to receive but was turned down. Although I accepted the offer, one of my stipulations was based on a mutual agreement to have the promotion take place at the end of Q1 in 2009 with a customary salary increase. However, Kodak announced that there would be no raises for 2009, with only special exceptions made in "very unique" circumstances. I have been advised, however, that my circumstance is not "very unique" and I will not be receiving compensation but I will receive a promotion. The trickery is maddening. Get your offer in writing. Be firm. Seriously.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Kodak in March 2008.

Interview process was well organized. Had four different interviews with department heads. Go in knowing about the company and state shared values. Be prepared to state how you will benefit the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time when you were able to go beyond a customer’s expectations?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eastman Kodak.

Interviewing at Kodak is probably non-existent at this point but I believe they still adhere to the STAR process and a point based system. It was all supposed to be objective with 3 interviewers rating a candidate independently. Interviews last about an hour and there may be 3 or more in order to be considered in the final running. The internal process is more painstaking then the external process.

Interview Questions
    • Since it is a STAR process, there is a near infinite number of questions. Do a web search for "Star interviewing questions".   Answer Question
    Them: Here is the offer
    Me: I would like to discuss an additional week of vacation and an extra 5% salary
    Them: Um, do you want the job? Take it or leave it, we have a line at the door.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Eastman Kodak.

I went through 2 rounds of interviews, the first with my Manager then with the rest of the team. Both discussions went well and I did not feel too challenged.

Operations Specialist Interview

You must know someone to even get an interview. Very long hiring process, many interviews.

Research Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eastman Kodak.

1 resume submission on-line
    2 phone interview

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eastman Kodak.

Two phone interviews. Each one took at least two hours I guess. It started as this: What ideas do you have? What do you want to do in Kodak? This took two hours of interview in each session. The debate started from a very high level of the plans that I had and got into implementation details. A very tough/thorough interview.

Director, Business Development Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Eastman Kodak in July 2011.

After initial communications with the hiring organization I submitted my resume and after a review process was invited to interview. Interview include 4 1:1 interviews by phone and face to face. Excellent process -- although I did not in the end get the job.

Commercialization Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Eastman Kodak in March 2011.

3 individual meetings

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eastman Kodak in November 2010.

Great Process. I was informed at all times about the process itself and next steps. I was immediately given clarity of the roles and responsibilities of the position and was able to ask as many questions as required. Human resources and the hiring manager kept me informed and communicated every step of the way.

Straight forward, I presented my requirements and got a letter with an offer that matched them.