Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

Facebook Software Engineer Interview Question

I interviewed in Menlo Park, CA and was asked:
"Easy questions. It is not up to standard of other companies like google microsoft, amazon, vmware, foursquare, tumblr. Don't know how they decide with those easy questions. Anyone can write flawless code with those questions. The design round interview was more like a stress interview where the chinese interviewer was shouting."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Software Engineer Interview Review - one of 1,001 Facebook Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 2
votes
Some of the questions:
1) write a program to copy graph
2) If a user enters a string write a program to print all permutations if there is a mapping like phone keypad
3) write a program to print BST level by level
4) write a program to check whether the graph is bipartite
5) design question was on distributed systems. The chinese interviewer told wrong answer by shouting and then continuously was shouting through out the interview. I had never faced such kind of interview where the interviewer keeps on shouting with worng answer without allowing the candidate to speak much. It was more like a stress interview. I did not understand the logic behind such kind of interview. I feel Google, MS, amazon have better interview process.
- Interview Candidate on Feb 13, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees and interview candidates.