Eaton Aerospace

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.6

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace.

Applied online through Monster. First step was a phone screen with HR. 1-2 weeks later was a more detailed phone interview. Then a panel interview in person with 4 or 5 people and 1-2 on the phone. All day process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake . . . (behaviorial interview)   View Answer
    One counteroffer +$5k, was accepted

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace.

Uses behavior based questions and a full team.
    Long interview process with at least 6 different managers.
    Be prepared to give specific examples of past performance and situations.
    Very thorough when it comes to history and the process used to solve problems. They don't do a personality test, or any form of numerical assessment either. All of it consists of question and response. Most interview teams consisted of 2 people, but occasionally it was only 1 person.

Interview Questions
    • Finding new situations as examples after the 4th interview   Answer Question

Assembly and Test Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace in September 2014.

I applied online and one day later I received a invite for a onsite interview. I took a unpaid day off from my present job and made a 4 hour drive both ways to attend. The interview was two hours long, 1HR with a HR manager and 1HR with a production manager. Doing the course of the whole process not a single technical question concerning the job I had applied for was asked of me.

The interview consisted 100% of behavior questions. Be warned that if you don't give satisfactory responses with entertaining personal examples than you have just essentially wasted the time and resources you invested to attend the interview because you will not get the job. The only break in the behavior question came when I was asked if I could work 7 days a week for 10-12HRs routinely if required which I responded by saying I could do 10-12HRs weekdays but I couldn't work weekends. For your reference the company has two shifts 5:30am-2:30pm and 1pm-10pm with mandatory OT if needed.

This company has no respect people and the time and effort it takes for them just to make the interview, I was not even out the door when the HR manager said she needed to talk to the production manager who just interviewed me about other candidates why I was still standing there, inhumanly callous.

I have never had a interview in which the actual job itself was not the subject. If you are able to tell entertaining stories than you might have a chance otherwise just being competent and able to actual perform the job will get you dismissed.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had difficulty with a coworker, how did you handle it and what did you learn from it   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eaton Aerospace.

They asked different STAR type questions, if you don't know the acronym I highly suggest researching it, basically given a scenario or situation tell how you've been in a similar one and then walk through how you accomplished "it." I had two separate 30 min. interviews back to back. Very nice interviewers and the company is wonderful.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you felt a supervisor was inappropriate with you   Answer Question

Manufacturing Developmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace in October 2013.

Interview process was one phone conversation with the former Quality Manager

Interview Questions
    All negotiation were handled by staffing agency

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace.

Pretty standard. Began with phone screen from HR, then a phone screen with the hiring manager (since I was out of state). Then I was brought on-site for a full day of interviews. Nine separate interviews, two of which were panels. Interview questions focused on demonstration of character and problem solving in 'actual' experiences.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace.

Interview process is slow, cumbersome, the interviewers seemed untrained and the company uses the lominger process to conduct interviews but it seems applied robotically and in hap hazzard manner. THe interviewers seemed disorganized and i was kept waiting, people had not looked at my resume unpreparred and unprofessional

Typical

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace in January 2013.

Good interview process where I met wiht a number of persons during the morning. The questions did not carry any technical depth, or teaming/ cultural significance.

Interview Questions
    • Given what you have learned about the company today, what is the first thing you would like to change.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate because I was offered a generous package.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace in November 2012.

Met at job fair, signed up for inital interview there. Spoke over the phone for 30 mins interview and scheduled an interview at the Warwick location. Spoke with groups of 2 people for 60 min intervals. First was 2 engineers, then 2 HR representatives. Typical interview questions, hypothetical situations, and asked if I was ever in certain situations. Nothing very technical.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where everyone disagreed with you but you knew you were right? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offered many benefits, bonuses, and great comensation for relocating.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace in November 2012.

Interview was 6 hours long and consisted of many intense behavioral questions. They did not make me an offer nor did they even tell me that I was no longer a candidate. I got no feedback at all after a face to face interview. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question