Eaton Aerospace Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

3.6

Team Leader (Supervisor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace (Jackson, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

I met at the plant at 9:30am for a plant tour. After the tour I was required to give a fifteen min. presentation about myself to the panel that would be interviewing me. I then met with the first two interviewers. The interview consisted of the typical behavioral based questions. We then stopped for lunch on site. After lunch I met with the last two interviewers. The whole process took five hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about a wrong decision I made and what would I do differently?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace.

Interview

The process took a while, but was generally straight forward. After applying through the careers page, I was contacted three weeks later by a recruiter. After a quick screening, I was referred told that my package would be sent to the local hiring manager. About three later, received an email for a phone interview with the Operations Manager. The phone interview was about one hour. About three weeks after that I received an email inviting me to interview at the faciltiy. This interview would take about four hours.

Supervisor Indirect Materials Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace (Jackson, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Took about two hours followed by plant walkthrough. Typical behavioral interview type questions preceded by a PowerPoint presentation of yourself and your achievements. Received email week or so later informing me they are going with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had a conflict with fellow employees and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Tig Welder IV Interview

Interview

hiring process not good. no testing required to get a job so with that being said anyone who says he or she can weld will usually get an interview and maybe a job but may or may not have the proper skill set to do job required

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace.

Interview

Applied online through Monster. First step was a phone screen with HR. 1-2 weeks later was a more detailed phone interview. Then a panel interview in person with 4 or 5 people and 1-2 on the phone. All day process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake . . . (behaviorial interview)   1 Answer

Negotiation

One counteroffer +$5k, was accepted

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Uses behavior based questions and a full team. Long interview process with at least 6 different managers. Be prepared to give specific examples of past performance and situations. Very thorough when it comes to history and the process used to solve problems. They don't do a personality test, or any form of numerical assessment either. All of it consists of question and response. Most interview teams consisted of 2 people, but occasionally it was only 1 person.

Interview Questions

• Finding new situations as examples after the 4th interview   Answer Question

Assembly and Test Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and one day later I received a invite for a onsite interview. I took a unpaid day off from my present job and made a 4 hour drive both ways to attend. The interview was two hours long, 1HR with a HR manager and 1HR with a production manager. Doing the course of the whole process not a single technical question concerning the job I had applied for was asked of me. The interview consisted 100% of behavior questions. Be warned that if you don't give satisfactory responses with entertaining personal examples than you have just essentially wasted the time and resources you invested to attend the interview because you will not get the job. The only break in the behavior question came when I was asked if I could work 7 days a week for 10-12HRs routinely if required which I responded by saying I could do 10-12HRs weekdays but I couldn't work weekends. For your reference the company has two shifts 5:30am-2:30pm and 1pm-10pm with mandatory OT if needed. This company has no respect people and the time and effort it takes for them just to make the interview, I was not even out the door when the HR manager said she needed to talk to the production manager who just interviewed me about other candidates why I was still standing there, inhumanly callous. I have never had a interview in which the actual job itself was not the subject. If you are able to tell entertaining stories than you might have a chance otherwise just being competent and able to actual perform the job will get you dismissed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had difficulty with a coworker, how did you handle it and what did you learn from it   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview with working group. Full twenty minute presentation was required followed by one on one sessions with all team members. Three hour long process to include presentation and interview. Attended one session in Fort Worth, Texas and was flown to Mississippi to participate in another session with the Jackson, MS team. Both teams were impressive and had great questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were open ended questions to understand your character traits   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open dialog discussion

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eaton Aerospace.

Interview

They asked different STAR type questions, if you don't know the acronym I highly suggest researching it, basically given a scenario or situation tell how you've been in a similar one and then walk through how you accomplished "it." I had two separate 30 min. interviews back to back. Very nice interviewers and the company is wonderful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you felt a supervisor was inappropriate with you   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Eaton Aerospace (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interview process, 30 minutes back to back. The first interview was held with two people and the second was a one on one. Fairly straight forward behavioral questions, most difficult question I received is listed below. Quick process, received the offer approximately two weeks after I had completed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used a technology in an innovative way   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, very high salary for an internship.