Eaton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program
Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eaton in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got to know them through info session on campus. Submitted resume and got interview for the next week also on campus. A typical behavioral interview with one person from HR and another young professional who had started the program a year before me. When was the time you took initiative to do a task differently?

Interview Question – Questions were very typical, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Quality Champion Interview

Quality Champion
Milton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – Received an email to schedule a phone call screening interview from US office. Went for a the first interview with the hiring manager and HR person. Went for final interview with HR manager and another manager.

Interview Question – What is the major difference between ISO : 2000 standard and the current standard.   View Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – I found the job posting through my Campus Recruiting office, and applied. I was contacted, and arranged an interview time. When I went to the interview, there were two interviewers, one from HR, and another a project manager. The interview went well, just a few behavioral questions, and a few questions about my resume.

Interview Question – What is your most creative accomplishment?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program – Supply Chain Management Interview

Leadership Development Program – Supply Chain Management
Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Eaton in November 2012.

Interview Details – First got an e-mail from the HR manager at Eaton in late October to inform me I had been selected for an interview. The first interview was scheduled in early November.

I went to the interview on campus, it was only half an hour with one HR manager and a person who was in the LDP - Engineering, it was basically going through my resume and asking a few behavioural questions. It went quite well, they were both friendly and helpful when I ask questions at the end. 2 days later I was notified by the original HR manager that I was selected and they would like to move on with my interview process.

The second interview was scheduled in their Canadian head office in Burlington. It was a 10 ~ 15 minutes presentation, followed by question and answer period, plus a standard behavioural questions part. There were 4 interviewers in total. The Canadian region supply chain director, a logistics manager and 2 HR managers including the original one that arranged the whole interview process.

They were all very friendly, the presentation went quite well, and occasionally they would stop me and ask for more details or clarification. And they enjoyed it and found it creative, which was a plus. The standard behavioural interview involved a few questions, and there were many follow up questions to them.

Overall a great experience, and 3 and a half weeks after my interview, I got a call from the original HR manager, informing me they were really impressed with my qualification and presentation and would love to offer me the position! And the same evening, she sent me the offer letter, background check requisition, bank deposit form and benefits details. I accepted the offer two days later after I had all the details including starting date and time accommodation worked out. This was overall a very positive process!

Interview Questions

• If you took a different approach, do you think the result would be different?   View Answer
  • You mentioned you needed to give up on this initiative after multiple attempt to negotiate for help, can you outline what approaches you took and how they played out?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I am a student completing my university and this will be my first full time job. I think the salary offered to me is quite fair. Although there could be room to negotiate for perhaps an extra grand or two, I did not want to present myself as a greedy person so did not negotiate at all. Plus the benefits are quite nice, all the premiums are paid for, and after each rotation there will be performance review and opportunities for raises.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eaton in November 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted application online...contacted in very short order by internal recruiter (2-3 days) and arranged phone interview...had phone interview and following there was a set up date for an in person interview by a three person panel...told by HR I would hear the following week but did not...contacted internal recruiter on at least two occasions after approx. two weeks or more had passed to ask for an update out of courtesy but received no response whatsoever! Over a month and a half passed and received a standard rejection letter pointing out the recognition of my impressive accomplishments and experience but not apparently impressive enough to either warrant the simple return of a telephone call or a position with them...

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to tell someone something they didn't want to hear?   Answer Question

Production Scheduler Interview

Production Scheduler
Milton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eaton in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview went well. The people at Eaton seem to be very professional and courteous of their potential employees. The building is a bit older but well maintained as well. Based on the interview process, I feel as if the people there know what they are talking about and want the best of the best. Though I haven't received an offer, I would still recommend the company. It's been nothing but a pleasure thus far.

Interview Question – What would make you a good fit for Eaton?   Answer Question

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!