Eaton

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eaton in October 2013.

Interview Details – One on-campus interview. Second round on site. No technical interviews.

Interview Question – Why Eaton   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 1. Lack of technical interview makes you wonder how practically incompetent your coworkers will be.
2. Company seems to be hiring just about anyone. Not the ideal place if you want to be more than just a number
3. After interactions with the current employees, saw a lot of apathy. They claim to have this family culture when everyone seems disconnected from another.

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – On site Interview in Cleveland, OH

Interview Question – Biggest Weakness   Answer Question

Galesburg, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Eaton in May 2012.

Interview Details – I have had tow interviews with the company so far and would overall rate it a positive experience. I do think the process is way more involved than it should be and way too long but it seems, from my experience, most of the larger companies tend to take this approach. There is an initial screening call (5 min), then a phone interview (30 min or so), then on the interview day I had to give a 10 min presentation and was interviewed by 7 people, 3 groups of 2 and 1 one on one interview (5-6 hrs depending on lunch). The process is very exhausting especially considering both positions I applied for were entry level. I did not receive an offer for either regardless of my having a MSME and a lot more experience (4+ yrs intership, research and administrative, 7+ years working) than most recent college grads. All of the Eaton work force I met were really nice accept for one guy and most were personable.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't bring official transcripts?   View Answer
  • What was your cummulative, last 60 and/or major undergraduate GPA?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Bethel, CT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eaton in January 2011.

Interview Details – Some jerk at the company emailed to schedule a phone interview and asked for dates and times that would work. I emailed him twice various dates and times that would work and he never responded. Very unprofessional. Its just as well as the company sucks from what I hear.

Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eaton in July 2008.

Interview Details – Very personal interview with the hiring manager and HR representative.

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – First a shortlist was made based on the resume of the candidates who applied for the post, then one technical interview which was basically a knock-out round and then one HR round of interview was taken. As the company is recruiting for the post of engineer, they are looking for candidates who are expected to know 'in and out' of their subject domain. One needs to prepare well for the technical interview; HR round is not that difficult.

Interview Question – There is nothing sort of unexpected. The interviewer asks very general questions and that too from your resume only. So one needs to be prepared to face questions from his/her resume. You should know everything in detail about the projects that you have done and mentioned in the resume. When I was trying to explain the interviewer one of my projects, he suddenly interrupted and asked me few bookish questions related to the project I did.   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – 1 behavioural interview
1 HR interview
Interview was bit easy. They just asked all behavioural questions & ethical questions. After behavioural interview they had panel HR interview. They try to check you from all viewpoints. Good experience.
They were stressing upon personality only. Didn't asked a single technical question or puzzle.

Interview Question – Define Responsibility.
Define Integrity.
  Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Eaton in November 2009.

Interview Details – First round with the manager,second round with senor manager for management skills & other technaical details,Third round is of HR and slary negotioation

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Eaton in December 2011.

Interview Details – open ended communication started with social skills then moving onto my profile to match the job requirement. high educational qualification and performance expected with extra curricular activities a plus.
two round of interviews: technical and hr. technical interview was interactive with both sides participating and clear signals from the interviewer on what points the interview is judged will help you to focus on the points required and interviewer interested to be communicated to.

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eaton in November 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted application online...contacted in very short order by internal recruiter (2-3 days) and arranged phone interview...had phone interview and following there was a set up date for an in person interview by a three person panel...told by HR I would hear the following week but did not...contacted internal recruiter on at least two occasions after approx. two weeks or more had passed to ask for an update out of courtesy but received no response whatsoever! Over a month and a half passed and received a standard rejection letter pointing out the recognition of my impressive accomplishments and experience but not apparently impressive enough to either warrant the simple return of a telephone call or a position with them...

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to tell someone something they didn't want to hear?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eaton

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eaton Engineer interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Eaton employees and interview candidates.