Eaton Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

3.1

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

These interviewers were not willing to look at the overall package of skills. They did not focus on past successes or all qualifications. They harmed themselves, as do many companies, by not looking at attitude and teamwork. In taking weeks to give me a final answer, they also acted unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• Why a type of experience did not match what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Eaton

Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Galesburg, MI).

Interview

I had two phone interviews, first with a hiring manager, and second with a hiring manager and HR. I applied Mid-March and had my offer Late-April for the summer term.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. This was my first internship so did not feel the need to negotiate either.

Engineering Interview

Interview

The hiring process took about 4 weeks it was a single interview. There were two people interviewing, the engineering manager on the product development side, and the manager from the manufacturing side. They were both very friendly so that the environment enjoyable. The interview was not very difficult

Interview Questions

• How do you get people to change their mind to be on board with your decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eaton (Marshall, MI).

Interview

Very nice individuals, was very helpful as well as detailed during the interview process. They paid for me to travel to Marshall MI as well as for hotel and lodgings. The HR manager was very accommodating and was very willing to help make the interview process easy by being descriptive.

Interview Questions

• They like when you have previous experiences and they asked me questions based upon those experiences. So make sure you are ready to answer this questions as well as remember details to this experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am currently in the process of negotiation

Engineer Interview

Interview

Behavioral assessment with STAR answer format. Tour of the facility was given at the end. Everyone was friendly and there seems to be a lot of room to grow with the company.

Interview Questions

• All were challenging as they required detailed thought for every answer. They would prompt you to get the needed information if you were stuck.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton in October 2013.

Interview

One on-campus interview. Second round on site. No technical interviews.

Interview Questions

1. Lack of technical interview makes you wonder how practically incompetent your coworkers will be. 2. Company seems to be hiring just about anyone. Not the ideal place if you want to be more than just a number 3. After interactions with the current employees, saw a lot of apathy. They claim to have this family culture when everyone seems disconnected from another.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

On site Interview in Cleveland, OH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eaton (Galesburg, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

I have had tow interviews with the company so far and would overall rate it a positive experience. I do think the process is way more involved than it should be and way too long but it seems, from my experience, most of the larger companies tend to take this approach. There is an initial screening call (5 min), then a phone interview (30 min or so), then on the interview day I had to give a 10 min presentation and was interviewed by 7 people, 3 groups of 2 and 1 one on one interview (5-6 hrs depending on lunch). The process is very exhausting especially considering both positions I applied for were entry level. I did not receive an offer for either regardless of my having a MSME and a lot more experience (4+ yrs intership, research and administrative, 7+ years working) than most recent college grads. All of the Eaton work force I met were really nice accept for one guy and most were personable.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't bring official transcripts?   1 Answer
    • What was your cummulative, last 60 and/or major undergraduate GPA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eaton (Bethel, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

Some jerk at the company emailed to schedule a phone interview and asked for dates and times that would work. I emailed him twice various dates and times that would work and he never responded. Very unprofessional. Its just as well as the company sucks from what I hear.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Cleveland, OH) in July 2008.

Interview

Very personal interview with the hiring manager and HR representative.