Eaton Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014

3.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

The hiring process took about 4 weeks it was a single interview. There were two people interviewing, the engineering manager on the product development side, and the manager from the manufacturing side. They were both very friendly so that the environment enjoyable. The interview was not very difficult

Interview Questions
  • How do you get people to change their mind to be on board with your decision   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Eaton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton.

Very nice individuals, was very helpful as well as detailed during the interview process. They paid for me to travel to Marshall MI as well as for hotel and lodgings. The HR manager was very accommodating and was very willing to help make the interview process easy by being descriptive.

Interview Questions
    • They like when you have previous experiences and they asked me questions based upon those experiences. So make sure you are ready to answer this questions as well as remember details to this experiences.   Answer Question
    I am currently in the process of negotiation

Engineer Interview

Behavioral assessment with STAR answer format. Tour of the facility was given at the end. Everyone was friendly and there seems to be a lot of room to grow with the company.

Interview Questions
    • All were challenging as they required detailed thought for every answer. They would prompt you to get the needed information if you were stuck.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eaton in October 2013.

One on-campus interview. Second round on site. No technical interviews.

Interview Questions

1. Lack of technical interview makes you wonder how practically incompetent your coworkers will be.
    2. Company seems to be hiring just about anyone. Not the ideal place if you want to be more than just a number
    3. After interactions with the current employees, saw a lot of apathy. They claim to have this family culture when everyone seems disconnected from another.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

On site Interview in Cleveland, OH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Eaton in May 2012.

I have had tow interviews with the company so far and would overall rate it a positive experience. I do think the process is way more involved than it should be and way too long but it seems, from my experience, most of the larger companies tend to take this approach. There is an initial screening call (5 min), then a phone interview (30 min or so), then on the interview day I had to give a 10 min presentation and was interviewed by 7 people, 3 groups of 2 and 1 one on one interview (5-6 hrs depending on lunch). The process is very exhausting especially considering both positions I applied for were entry level. I did not receive an offer for either regardless of my having a MSME and a lot more experience (4+ yrs intership, research and administrative, 7+ years working) than most recent college grads. All of the Eaton work force I met were really nice accept for one guy and most were personable.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't bring official transcripts?   View Answer
    • What was your cummulative, last 60 and/or major undergraduate GPA?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eaton in January 2011.

Some jerk at the company emailed to schedule a phone interview and asked for dates and times that would work. I emailed him twice various dates and times that would work and he never responded. Very unprofessional. Its just as well as the company sucks from what I hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton in July 2008.

Very personal interview with the hiring manager and HR representative.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton.

First a shortlist was made based on the resume of the candidates who applied for the post, then one technical interview which was basically a knock-out round and then one HR round of interview was taken. As the company is recruiting for the post of engineer, they are looking for candidates who are expected to know 'in and out' of their subject domain. One needs to prepare well for the technical interview; HR round is not that difficult.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing sort of unexpected. The interviewer asks very general questions and that too from your resume only. So one needs to be prepared to face questions from his/her resume. You should know everything in detail about the projects that you have done and mentioned in the resume. When I was trying to explain the interviewer one of my projects, he suddenly interrupted and asked me few bookish questions related to the project I did.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton.

1 behavioural interview
    1 HR interview
    Interview was bit easy. They just asked all behavioural questions & ethical questions. After behavioural interview they had panel HR interview. They try to check you from all viewpoints. Good experience.
    They were stressing upon personality only. Didn't asked a single technical question or puzzle.