Eaton Hydraulics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

3.2

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics.

Very short 30 minute phone interview. Discussed my resume and past roll challenges and how I handled them. Talked about my outside interests and life work balance.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question I was asked was to explain how I accomplished improving on time delivery from 76% to 98% to customers.   Answer Question

Utility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics in September 2013.

It is lengthy. You will meet with four different managers in teams of two. They are pretty nice, but will ask a lot about your work experience and attendance. You must have a year of factory experience to get an interview and they expect that you'll answer that it's acceptable to call off less than 5 times in a year. The only thing that really bugs me in hindsight is that they told me there's a little bit of overtime but I wouldn't have to worry too much about it because there's usually enough volunteers. I don't know if the OT situation got unexpectedly worse or if they were candy coating it to get me in the door. They claim it will get better, but if doubt it. Also, they want people with good attitudes and who will get along with coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you made a mistake and how did you fix it.
      Tell us about a time when you went outside your job duties to get a job done.
        View Answer
    They were very reasonable about pay since I had a lot of experience to offer. Not as much as I was making at my old job, but I expected to start out lower.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hutchinson, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hutchinson, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics in September 2009.

The process consisted of multiple panels of 3 or more employees and lasted 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   View Answer
    No negotiation, the offer exceeded the expectations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics in February 2008.

Phone interview was simple. Just your basic strength and weakness questions, and why you want to work here. Then I went in for an interview with 2 people who had no personality what so ever. It was all situational and behavioral questions. A lot of the questions were very similar but they wanted different answer. Very uncomfortable. Then after that, there was a one on one interview with someone who was a lot nicer and had some personality. I didn't get the job but I'm glad because the people there are like watching paint dry.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics in January 2008.

Smooth and well organized. 1 panel-type interview plus pre-screen.

Interview Questions
    Very open. Fair consideration of requests and circumstances.

Manager EHS Interview

TAC team floats ads or internal postings or referral system. Candidate is interviewed by HR, Immediate hiring manager and the manager's manager.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics in July 2011.

Started with Excel skill test. I scored the highest among seven of us and was selected for the next round, i.e, preliminary interview. I was interviewed by Pricing Team leader and his colleague for around 45 minutes. Interview revolved around the project on financial management i had done for my undergraduate degree. Simple margin analysis question was also asked. Overall, It was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you think that you will be able to cover up your expenses in the first year of starting a new venture what would you competitors do? Don't you think this assumption is unrealistic?   View Answer
    • If your customer asks the price on which your margins are either very low or negative, how would you tackle this?   View Answer
    negotiation phase did not come up as standard package was already decided by the company management.

Planning Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics in December 2010.

Lominger behavioral questions were used and they wanted very specific answers to questions given. Very formal in approach and stuck to the questions that were picked out for all canidates. Relaxed atmosphere but very rigid in interview questions. Stuck to a quick interview style to get in as many questions and answers as possible. Very good experience needed with behavioral type interviewing.

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics in November 2010.

Conducted a 1:1 screening/recruiter interview that took 20 mins of us reviewing my resume to see if I was qualified for the position. I was then referred to the Human Resources personnel at the job site and he conducted a 1:1 situational interview with me where he asked more in depth behavioral questions.

Production Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics in November 2009.

My initial communication with the company was pleasant, but did not lead to immediate follow-up. My salary requirements were thought to be too high. After approximately 1 month, I recieved a call from the same recruiter who wanted to continue with the process, saying the skills and experience I had were exactly what they were looking for and the salary was something which could be worked out. This call was followed up days later with a phone screen appointment with the plant manager and HR manager. Prior to the phone screen, the recruiter and I preped for what potential questions may be covered and how my skills could be conveyed in the best manner. After the phone screen, I was asked to have an on-site group interview and a plant tour. Two weeks later, the offer arrived.

Interview Questions
    • After 7 years of management experience, give me an example of how you managed through a situation.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate in the very near future   Answer Question
    Know our leverage points and what your desires are.