Eaton Hydraulics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

3.1

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Newbern, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

They will first give You a tour of the factory. Then You will meet with a team of three. 2 being supervisors and 1 being an associate of production. The interview will take about 45 minutes. The questions they will ask You are about Your past experiences dealing with an array of scenarios. Safety, commitment, and ethics to name a few.

Interview Questions

• Do You have any regrets or unresolved things You have not repaired in Your life?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics.

Interview

Very short 30 minute phone interview. Discussed my resume and past roll challenges and how I handled them. Talked about my outside interests and life work balance.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question I was asked was to explain how I accomplished improving on time delivery from 76% to 98% to customers.   Answer Question

Hydraulic Sales Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Gainesville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke to a couple of Eaton representatives about getting a position in the Sales Development Program for Electrical Engineering. Unfortunately, only the representative for Hydraulics was there, so I had to interview with him. He was really friendly and easy to have a conversation with, and told me he'd get me an in person interview later that week. The interview mostly consisted of the usual behavioral questions, no technical questions, but they like you to use examples from different experiences such as school, work, and other internships. He said he would refer me to the person in charge of electrical sales since he was strictly hydraulic, but of course I never heard back from them. Should have just stuck with hydraulic and moved on from there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad group experience. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Utility Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Aurora, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

It is lengthy. You will meet with four different managers in teams of two. They are pretty nice, but will ask a lot about your work experience and attendance. You must have a year of factory experience to get an interview and they expect that you'll answer that it's acceptable to call off less than 5 times in a year. The only thing that really bugs me in hindsight is that they told me there's a little bit of overtime but I wouldn't have to worry too much about it because there's usually enough volunteers. I don't know if the OT situation got unexpectedly worse or if they were candy coating it to get me in the door. They claim it will get better, but if doubt it. Also, they want people with good attitudes and who will get along with coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you made a mistake and how did you fix it.
      Tell us about a time when you went outside your job duties to get a job done.

1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very reasonable about pay since I had a lot of experience to offer. Not as much as I was making at my old job, but I expected to start out lower.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Hutchinson, KS) in September 2009.

Interview

The process consisted of multiple panels of 3 or more employees and lasted 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer exceeded the expectations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2008.

Interview

Phone interview was simple. Just your basic strength and weakness questions, and why you want to work here. Then I went in for an interview with 2 people who had no personality what so ever. It was all situational and behavioral questions. A lot of the questions were very similar but they wanted different answer. Very uncomfortable. Then after that, there was a one on one interview with someone who was a lot nicer and had some personality. I didn't get the job but I'm glad because the people there are like watching paint dry.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2008.

Interview

Smooth and well organized. 1 panel-type interview plus pre-screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very open. Fair consideration of requests and circumstances.

Manager EHS Interview

Interview

TAC team floats ads or internal postings or referral system. Candidate is interviewed by HR, Immediate hiring manager and the manager's manager.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Pune (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Started with Excel skill test. I scored the highest among seven of us and was selected for the next round, i.e, preliminary interview. I was interviewed by Pricing Team leader and his colleague for around 45 minutes. Interview revolved around the project on financial management i had done for my undergraduate degree. Simple margin analysis question was also asked. Overall, It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• If you think that you will be able to cover up your expenses in the first year of starting a new venture what would you competitors do? Don't you think this assumption is unrealistic?   1 Answer
    • If your customer asks the price on which your margins are either very low or negative, how would you tackle this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation phase did not come up as standard package was already decided by the company management.

Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton Hydraulics in December 2010.

Interview

Lominger behavioral questions were used and they wanted very specific answers to questions given. Very formal in approach and stuck to the questions that were picked out for all canidates. Relaxed atmosphere but very rigid in interview questions. Stuck to a quick interview style to get in as many questions and answers as possible. Very good experience needed with behavioral type interviewing.