Eaton Hydraulics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.2

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbern, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Newbern, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

They will first give You a tour of the factory. Then You will meet with a team of three. 2 being supervisors and 1 being an associate of production. The interview will take about 45 minutes. The questions they will ask You are about Your past experiences dealing with an array of scenarios. Safety, commitment, and ethics to name a few.

Interview Questions

• Do You have any regrets or unresolved things You have not repaired in Your life?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Hydraulics.

Interview

Very short 30 minute phone interview. Discussed my resume and past roll challenges and how I handled them. Talked about my outside interests and life work balance.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question I was asked was to explain how I accomplished improving on time delivery from 76% to 98% to customers.   Answer Question

Hydraulic Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Gainesville, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke to a couple of Eaton representatives about getting a position in the Sales Development Program for Electrical Engineering. Unfortunately, only the representative for Hydraulics was there, so I had to interview with him. He was really friendly and easy to have a conversation with, and told me he'd get me an in person interview later that week. The interview mostly consisted of the usual behavioral questions, no technical questions, but they like you to use examples from different experiences such as school, work, and other internships. He said he would refer me to the person in charge of electrical sales since he was strictly hydraulic, but of course I never heard back from them. Should have just stuck with hydraulic and moved on from there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad group experience. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Toledo, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with manager and in person with managers. Good experience but both were from referrals within the company. Tough if you don't know someone already.

Utility Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Aurora, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

It is lengthy. You will meet with four different managers in teams of two. They are pretty nice, but will ask a lot about your work experience and attendance. You must have a year of factory experience to get an interview and they expect that you'll answer that it's acceptable to call off less than 5 times in a year. The only thing that really bugs me in hindsight is that they told me there's a little bit of overtime but I wouldn't have to worry too much about it because there's usually enough volunteers. I don't know if the OT situation got unexpectedly worse or if they were candy coating it to get me in the door. They claim it will get better, but if doubt it. Also, they want people with good attitudes and who will get along with coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you made a mistake and how did you fix it. Tell us about a time when you went outside your job duties to get a job done.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very reasonable about pay since I had a lot of experience to offer. Not as much as I was making at my old job, but I expected to start out lower.

SCM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Hydraulics in June 2013.

Interview

Easily the most thorough interview ever. It is an all day process once you get to the on site Interview. you interview with multiple teams all day long. They all ask the same style of canned questions that are designed to help them determine candidates thought process and their ability to follow through.

Interview Questions

• All questions start with "tell me a time when"and they are looking for how you handled specific situations   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hutchinson, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Hutchinson, KS) in September 2009.

Interview

The process consisted of multiple panels of 3 or more employees and lasted 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer exceeded the expectations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2008.

Interview

Phone interview was simple. Just your basic strength and weakness questions, and why you want to work here. Then I went in for an interview with 2 people who had no personality what so ever. It was all situational and behavioral questions. A lot of the questions were very similar but they wanted different answer. Very uncomfortable. Then after that, there was a one on one interview with someone who was a lot nicer and had some personality. I didn't get the job but I'm glad because the people there are like watching paint dry.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eaton Hydraulics (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2008.

Interview

Smooth and well organized. 1 panel-type interview plus pre-screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very open. Fair consideration of requests and circumstances.

Manager EHS Interview

Interview

TAC team floats ads or internal postings or referral system. Candidate is interviewed by HR, Immediate hiring manager and the manager's manager.