Eaton

157 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Eaton in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, a phone recruiter contacted me about 4 weeks later. We scheduled a time, spoke on the phone, and she forwarded me to the hiring manager. HM contacted me, we scheduled a time to speak on the phone, spoke, then scheduled a time for an in person interview. During the face to face, I interviewed with the HM and her boss, as well as another member of the team. Two days after the face to face, I had another phone interview with manager in a different location. 4 days later the HM called me to tell me I didn't get the position. It came down to myself and an internal candidate, they went with the internal.

Overall, the process was very pleasant, professional, and moved along better than expected. The people were informative, open, and respectful. I would pursue another role at Eaton if it presented itself.

Interview Question – Pretty average 'Tell about a time when....' questions.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR, Division Controller, site, etc.

Interview Question – If you were any brick in the wall; what brick would you want to be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very limited negotiation as I was already an 'insider'.

Very Difficult Interview

Leadership Development Program (LDP) Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Eaton in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had initial interview on campus in October. Received a call from head recruiter in January inviting me to Pittsburgh for a 2nd round interview. 2nd round interview consisted of dinner one night with a "speed dating" setup with interviewees staying in place while the Eaton employees moved from candidate to candidate every 5-10 minutes. The following day we were at the headquarters all day. We had 2 1 hour interviews and then had to give a 15 minutes presentation and Q&A with 7-10 Eaton employees present on why we should be hired. The recruiter was extremely professional, well organized, and communicated frequently to candidates. Received an offer in Mid-March.

Interview Question – I came from a business background so there was concern that it would be a challenging transition to a technical field. A few of the engineers who were evaluating candidates were especially concerned about this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Buyer Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eaton in February 2010.

Interview Details – First Round - Phone Interview
Second Round - Panel interview with HR Manager, Hiring Manager, and Operations Manager
Reviewed resume, all "Tell me a time when" type of questions.

IT Development Program(IT Lead Analyst) Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eaton in March 2012.

Interview Details – First submit your application online along with your resume and a cover letter. If you meet the minimum requirements for the position in which you applied for, you will most likely go through a phone interview with HR or the hiring manager. The phone interview is very informal and just wants to verify you seem to be a good fit for Eaton. If you get through the phone interview you will go onto second round interviews. Second round interviews vary depending on sector and function, but it will most likely be either a panel interview with about 3-4 managers or it will be 3-4 one on one interviews. These interviews are very formal and they ask you very typical behavioral questions. After the second round interview is when they will decide whether or not to hire you. It can take anywhere from a week to two weeks for them to respond.

Interview Question – The questions are very standard, just google behavioral interview questions and you will be able to find them all online. They are usually aligned with Eaton's competencies, like 'Dealing with ambiguity' or 'Driving for results'. The most difficult questions are where they ask you to demonstrate a time where you didn't display being competent in a certain area. They are very critical on these questions. Try to think of a situation where you struggled but still came out of it in a positive way.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiating because their offers within IT are very competitive. you will be hard pressed to find a company within the area that offers better benefits. One thing you may want to negotiate is location and moving assistance. If they want you they will pay for moving regardless of what is says in the description. Also, Eaton is very virtual so many times they are open to you working in a remote area.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – Meet at career fair, invited for an interview, interviewed on campus, advanced to second rounds, for tech sales, referred for another position, phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, video interview, on site interview, job offer (3 months)

Interview Question – How do you decided when prioritizing tasks?   View Answer

Development Program - Supply Chain Management Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eaton in February 2014.

Interview Details – Behavioral based interviews focused on the STAR-L method, where you draw from your experiences to demonstrate your learning. We met with 3 interviewers each for about 45 minutes. The interview process was highly structured, which encumbered some fo the discussion but guaranteed consistency.

Interview Question – Have you found yourself in a difficult position which questioned the limits of your integrity? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The firm was unable to negotiate on the package offered

Technical Sales Intern - Hydraulics Sector Interview

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Eaton in October 2013.

Interview Details – They made me create a sale power point and present it to the different interviewers. They asked a lot of difficult behavioral questions. They asked about how I would be the best candidate for the position. I gave the presentation as if they were customers and they seemed to like it. They asked a lot of questions about how I act in group settings. They want you to be able to work in teams.

Interview Question – Name a time where you failed.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Interviewed at Eaton

Interview Details – Long and dragged out. Too many people involved in the process

Interview Question – The standard round of interview banter   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Flat offer, take it or leave it.

EHS Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – One interview, they paid for the flight and hotel. I met with operations manager, quality manager, HR Manager, 2 supervisors, and the plant manager. They all had questions. I knew about their processes, so I was able to engage in a good discussion. They all seemed to focus on the technical part.

Interview Question – Due to the fact that I met with a number of individuals representing a spectrum of their management team, the questions varied, but included: what is the first thing you would do here if given this job? how would you change certain behavior, and why are you leaving your current job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked them to match the number of vacation days offered by current employer, and they did. It took a week to sign and return the package.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eaton

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eaton interview questions and advice. All 157 interview reviews posted anonymously by Eaton employees and interview candidates.