Eaton

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

3.1

Buyer/Planner Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton.

Eaton uses Behavioral Interviews using a list of standard questions. Hypotheticals. EG, " Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult employee who didn't agree with you" etc.

Interview Questions
    • Generic. Eg, "What would be your response if you were confronted with...? "   View Answer

Summer MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton in February 2015.

very interactive, nice talk. On the super day, we had one hour tour in Eaton center, two one-one interviews and half an hour talk with an executive member. The hotel and airticket are arranged by Eaton. People are friendly and willing to share their experience.

Interview Questions
    • give me a time when you have to move away from standard approach in the middle of something.   Answer Question

EatonProgram- Corporate Research and Technology Interview

I applied during career fair at university. I was notified about my selection within 4-5 weeks. Had an interview on campus, all behavioral questions. Didn't clear the interview and was notified about it within 5-6 weeks from the date of the interview. I would rate the interview difficulty as average. They have a standard set of questions they refer to.

Field Engineer Interview

First contact through on campus career fair. Second an on campus interview. Last an on site interview. On site interview had 2 interviews and a project presentation. For the project presentation you choose your own project and present it to a group of interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • All common behavioral questions. When is a time you failed?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eaton in January 2015.

This had to be the most unprofessional phone interview I ever had. I gave the interviewer five potential days to speak. This guy picks a day he's driving down the highway returning home from a trip. I immediately got the feeling he did not take the interview seriously. I couldn't hear him clearly due to the background noise from the car, this was just one of the worst unprofessional interview's I ever had. Didn't get a face to face interview, which was probably for the best. Really don't want to work for an unprofessional individual like that anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Couldn't tell you. I couldn't understand a thing the guy said.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

I had two phone interviews, first with a hiring manager, and second with a hiring manager and HR. I applied Mid-March and had my offer Late-April for the summer term.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. This was my first internship so did not feel the need to negotiate either.

Operations Interview

I was given the interview after applying through my campuses Multicultural Engineering Program. After about a week, I was contacted about an interview opportunity on my campus. A few days after the interview, they returned with an offer for their summer intern position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked soft-skill questions only for an engineering position, so nothing was extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Eaton in December 2014.

Filled out online application, including uploading resume and cover letter. Was contacted a month later to determine an interview date. Four interviews total, one with human resources, one with two product engineers, one with the hiring manager, and one with the master engineer. All questions were based on a behavioral interviewing style. No technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time in which you failed and had to cut your losses on a project"   Answer Question

EHS Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

I applied to a blind job posting online and was contacted by an internal recruiter a week or two later and had a 30 minute phone conversation. He passed me on to the local HR team and I had two phone interviews totaling 1.5 hours. I was then invited onsite which consisted of several group panel interviews and a facility tour. It was the most well organized interview experiences I've had, from the travel arrangements to making sure I had all the information I needed and was comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They're mostly behavior-based interview questions from a list of standard questions so some weren't quick applicable. Nothing overly difficult if you're prepared.   Answer Question

IT Internhsip Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

I initially went to an open house at Eaton's building in Beachwood, OH. This allowed me to see where I would potentially be working. After this, I applied both through my university's online recruiting system and on Eaton's website. I got an on-campus interview with them. However, I was unable to attend this interview, but they were still able to accommodate me. I had two phone interview with them instead and was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which there were two opposing sides and you had to choose one.   Answer Question