Eaton

175 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – I was reached out by HR within a few days of applying. The first interview was a phone interview and lasted about an hour or so. It was filled with some generic technical questions.

The second interview was scheduled a week later. It was comprised of several people who all asked behavioral questions based on previous experiences. This interview lasted an an hour and a half and was fairly straight forward.

The whole process took two weeks. They were kind enough to keep me in the loop the entire time and even let me know when they made an offer to another candidate.

Interview Question – When was there a time that you had to conflicting tasks and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Marketing Communications Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – Was an internal candidate that had all the qualifications for this position, but was during the initial interview, it was clear the HR representative did not want to interview me. She picked out something that wasn't in the description and only talked about this experience which I did not have. She did not ask me about any other qualifications. I provided her details on how I qualified and got no response.

Interview Question – None - was asked any real questions.   Answer Question

Commodity Manager Interview

Commodity Manager

Interviewed at Eaton

Interview Details – Extremely strenuous in some divisions, but not so much in Cooper locations as of yet. The Eaton intervies for salaried employees includes three, one hour, one to one or two on one behavioral interviews, a presentation on your skills and achievements, and a panel interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you compromised your ethics or values to fit in with a group.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They wouldn't really give anything as I was already working there.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – 2 back to back 45 minute interviews of about 5 standard behavioral questions each. The Lominger interview guide is utilized. Questions ask about team work, managing several responsibilities, and leadership positions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. The interview felt very laid back. Overall, the culture seems very supportive and laid back. I felt comfortable sharing my experiences - it really felt like a two way interview instead of them just interviewing me.

Interview Question – What analytical tools have you used to analyze or sort data.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was standardized - no room for negotiation, but it was already very competitive.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Sarasota, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eaton in September 2013.

Interview Details – I registered for the National Black MBA conference and got a call from a recruiter who advised me to apply for positions at Eaton, I did this and got a a call from a different recruiter to interview for a role in Sarasota florida. I interviewed with 2 managers, a VP and an HR manager..all one on one interviews

Interview Question – The questions were mostly behavioral, in fact they were prepared before hand with technical questions in between. There was no especially difficult question..e.g tell me of a time you failed and what did you learn from that experience   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a nice offer but I live in Houston, moving to Sarasota wasnt something I was ready to do. Also I saw a trend where people who moved up in the company had to be prepared to move geographically quite a bit.

Very Easy Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eaton in December 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty simple. They asked a much on lominger type questions followed by a simple read through of a code sample. The code review was simple if you know any C++. They then asked how I would test it. The lominger questions were the basic bunch of "tell me a time when you failed". They really seemed to be impressed more with my coding abilities. Apparently a lot of test engineers can't really code.

Interview Question – wasn't expecting the code review question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate both salary and vacation. They wouldn't budge on ether. Since I was recently laid off i figured any job was better then none at all.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Electrical Engineering
Tualatin, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eaton.

Interview Details – I participated in a competitive selection process through the Multiple Engineering Co-Op Program (MECOP) which is available to Portland State, OIT, and Oregon State students. Once I got into the program, I participated in a second interview for placement with over 30 different companies. This interview was the culmination of previous meetings with the company including a lengthy conversation with my mentor at the MECOP Fall Event. Overall, there were two interviews and both involved several people interviewing me at once. Once I was selected by Eaton, I was ask to participate in a “getting to know you day” where I met with the engineers and was asked to tell them about myself. The company has a great corporate culture that thrives on personal responsibility and acting with honesty and conviction when it comes to everything that you do.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was what topologies of power supplies I had worked with in the past and how they were constructed and operated.   Answer Question

EHS Manager Interview

EHS Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Eaton in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was very long and drawn out. I interviewed at least nine times 8 via phone and 1 face to face group panel interview. Ended up not being offered the job due to the higher ups "having questions about my mobility". If you really want to work for them you need to be willing to relocate multiple times.

Interview Question – Star questions and a few personal.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Eaton

Interview Details – Behavioral assessment with STAR answer format. Tour of the facility was given at the end. Everyone was friendly and there seems to be a lot of room to grow with the company.

Interview Question – All were challenging as they required detailed thought for every answer. They would prompt you to get the needed information if you were stuck.   Answer Question

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Senior Product Engineer
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eaton in July 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a phone screening - very relaxed. Discussed education and experience with corporate HR representative. Next, a phone interview with the onsite HR rep and the Engineering Supervisor - relaxed general discussion about my background with more detail than the phone screening. Finally, onsite interview - interviewed with 4 people. 95% of the questions were behavioral questions. Have answers ready.

Interview Question – What was your biggest contribution to the company you currently work for?   Answer Question

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!