Eaton Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.1

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nacogdoches, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eaton (Nacogdoches, TX).

Interview

I applied through a company contact and had to go through 3 phone interviews and a face to face meeting. I ended up not getting the position but the interview process was not that bad.

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Lincoln, IL).

Interview

I met with all 5 staff members including the HR supervisor individually for about 1 hour each and took a 45 minute plant tour where I was also asked to observe and locate 5 situations standing out that should not be present in a regular production shift and then during lunch with one of the staff managers, I was asked to reveal what I had found. All of the interviewers were very friendly and professional and asked questions focused on the position that I was applying for and then a few questions as to what brought me to the reason for the job move and how I thought I would be effective as an employee of the company.

Interview Questions

• The question was, was there a time that you were assigned as project manager for a high dollar capital project that went over budget? and if so, what did you do to bring it back within budget constraints?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an offer but semi rejected it for more annual salary due to years of experience and expertise along with an increased number of vacation days to better match the position I was leaving from.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by a manager I had interviewed with before and asked to interview for this position. I did a couple of phone screens with HR and then a week later flew to Cleveland. There were 5 separate interviews about an hour a piece. The interviews were panel based and a mix of prepared behavioral questions and casual discussions about my background and experience. There was one video interview and some interviewers joined the conversation via conference call. I interviewed on a Tuesday and was assured a decision would be made by that Friday. 3 weeks later and after several emails asking about the decision I was ignored. I had an offer from another company and decided I was done playing games and accepted the other offer. A week after I accepted the other offer I was called and told that I wasn't selected. What a complete waste of my time. These guys work like molasses and I would recommend you stay away.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral STAR format. Also asked about how my experience would make me successful in this position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eaton in June 2015.

Interview

This was the initial phone screen with internal recruiter. Based on the interview experiences posted on Glassdoor, I was expecting behavioral questions. Did not get a single behavioral question. Instead, it was a deep dive into the experience listed on the resume. Being asked questions off of the resume is commonplace but the drill down was unusual. At the start, the recruiter stated she wanted to become an expert on me. I'm used to these initial phone screens lasting 10-15 minutes. This was 45 minutes. I was convinced she had an engineering degree. When she said she wasn't an engineer, I thought, wow, she really understands the organization she's representing/recruiting for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what equipment (components) you worked with during this experience on your resume   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eaton (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took about 8 weeks, I had several phone interviews followed by three in person panel interviews with a total of seven people. It was obvious that some of the interviewers were not interested in doing interviews and strongly didn't want to be there. I never received any acceptance or rejection notice, very unprofessional especially considering how much of my time this took compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with your boss and how you handled it. Describe a time you handled an unreasonable customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I got the email from my University and then I sent them an email to apply for the jobs. After 1 month, they arranged the first round technical, they called me and there are two persons, my current boss and his supervisor. Then the second round is HR manager from headquarter, she asked some general behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Describe the most creative thing you did in your study.

Q2: Describe how you manage your time when you know the time for your group is not enough, how did you make decisions based on this situation.

Answer Question

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was the best I had with any other company. They first did a phone screen which was followed by a two day interview process where they fly you in. Overall my experience was great.

EHS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Overall, the process took about 3 weeks from finding out about the role to getting the offer. The interview process was pretty straightforward and relevant. They conducted a phone interview to review my resume and past experiences. We also talked about the role and expectations. After that, I was asked to come in for an on-site interview within the next week. The interview was mainly behavioral based questions, with some random other questions specific about my background. I received an offer in the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone more senior (such as your supervisor) and had to challenge their authority.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

I first got a phone call to set up a phone interview. The initial phone interview took approximately one hour. Then, about a month 1/2 later...they followed up to schedule a panel interview and then another phone interview. My phone interview was supposed to take place one morning at 10 am. I never got a call. I didn't receive an e-mail or anything until late that afternoon. Then, the rescheduled. Then, we scheduled a panel interview with three people. This whole process took almost 4 months and they have still not filled the position. Everyone was very polite. It is just a very slow process, or at least for this position it was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you once solved a problem, and by doing something, you created another problem?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Lincoln, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted within 3 weeks for a phone screen. The hiring manager contacted me the next week for another phone screen and two weeks later I was interviewing in person with a panel of 8 people. The in person interview lasted 3 hours and I was asked to prepare a Power Point presentation of my work history and why I would be the best candidate (a 20 min presentation). I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have salary bands and came in pretty high to start with. I didn't have much wiggle room.