Eaton Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

MBA Graduate Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eaton in July 2014.

The first round of the interview is conducted over the phone. The interview is behavioral based (i.e. What did you do in a situation when you lacked the information needed to make a decision). I moved onto the second phase which is a two day interview at Eaton. You meet with two people on the second day that ask behavioral questions. Each session lasts about an hour. Additionally, you meet with another person for a more informal interview to get to know you and why Eaton should pick you for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to be prepared to answer behavioral interview questions. Discuss the Situation, Task, Action, and Result. They follow up each question with what did you learn from the experience.   Answer Question

MVA Assembly Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, SC

I interviewed through other source. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Eaton in April 2012.

Had my soon to be second shift supervisor and at the time previous HR Generalist. Both asked questions about previous times that I had to help someone out on the lean line. Interview lasted about twenty minutes.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marshall, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, MI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Eaton.

Very nice individuals, was very helpful as well as detailed during the interview process. They paid for me to travel to Marshall MI as well as for hotel and lodgings. The HR manager was very accommodating and was very willing to help make the interview process easy by being descriptive.

Interview Questions
    • They like when you have previous experiences and they asked me questions based upon those experiences. So make sure you are ready to answer this questions as well as remember details to this experiences.   Answer Question
    I am currently in the process of negotiation

IT Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eaton.

I was reached out by HR within a few days of applying. The first interview was a phone interview and lasted about an hour or so. It was filled with some generic technical questions.

The second interview was scheduled a week later. It was comprised of several people who all asked behavioral questions based on previous experiences. This interview lasted an an hour and a half and was fairly straight forward.

The whole process took two weeks. They were kind enough to keep me in the loop the entire time and even let me know when they made an offer to another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time that you had to conflicting tasks and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Eaton.

Was an internal candidate that had all the qualifications for this position, but was during the initial interview, it was clear the HR representative did not want to interview me. She picked out something that wasn't in the description and only talked about this experience which I did not have. She did not ask me about any other qualifications. I provided her details on how I qualified and got no response.

Commodity Manager Interview

Extremely strenuous in some divisions, but not so much in Cooper locations as of yet. The Eaton intervies for salaried employees includes three, one hour, one to one or two on one behavioral interviews, a presentation on your skills and achievements, and a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you compromised your ethics or values to fit in with a group.   View Answer
    They wouldn't really give anything as I was already working there.

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Eaton.

2 back to back 45 minute interviews of about 5 standard behavioral questions each. The Lominger interview guide is utilized. Questions ask about team work, managing several responsibilities, and leadership positions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. The interview felt very laid back. Overall, the culture seems very supportive and laid back. I felt comfortable sharing my experiences - it really felt like a two way interview instead of them just interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • What analytical tools have you used to analyze or sort data.   Answer Question
    Offer was standardized - no room for negotiation, but it was already very competitive.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eaton in September 2013.

I registered for the National Black MBA conference and got a call from a recruiter who advised me to apply for positions at Eaton, I did this and got a a call from a different recruiter to interview for a role in Sarasota florida. I interviewed with 2 managers, a VP and an HR manager..all one on one interviews

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly behavioral, in fact they were prepared before hand with technical questions in between. There was no especially difficult question..e.g tell me of a time you failed and what did you learn from that experience   Answer Question

It was a nice offer but I live in Houston, moving to Sarasota wasnt something I was ready to do. Also I saw a trend where people who moved up in the company had to be prepared to move geographically quite a bit.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Eaton in December 2010.

Pretty simple. They asked a much on lominger type questions followed by a simple read through of a code sample. The code review was simple if you know any C++. They then asked how I would test it. The lominger questions were the basic bunch of "tell me a time when you failed". They really seemed to be impressed more with my coding abilities. Apparently a lot of test engineers can't really code.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate both salary and vacation. They wouldn't budge on ether. Since I was recently laid off i figured any job was better then none at all.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tualatin, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eaton.

I participated in a competitive selection process through the Multiple Engineering Co-Op Program (MECOP) which is available to Portland State, OIT, and Oregon State students. Once I got into the program, I participated in a second interview for placement with over 30 different companies. This interview was the culmination of previous meetings with the company including a lengthy conversation with my mentor at the MECOP Fall Event. Overall, there were two interviews and both involved several people interviewing me at once. Once I was selected by Eaton, I was ask to participate in a “getting to know you day” where I met with the engineers and was asked to tell them about myself. The company has a great corporate culture that thrives on personal responsibility and acting with honesty and conviction when it comes to everything that you do.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was what topologies of power supplies I had worked with in the past and how they were constructed and operated.   Answer Question

Worked for Eaton? Contribute to the Community!