Eaton Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

3.1

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was the best I had with any other company. They first did a phone screen which was followed by a two day interview process where they fly you in. Overall my experience was great.

EHS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Overall, the process took about 3 weeks from finding out about the role to getting the offer. The interview process was pretty straightforward and relevant. They conducted a phone interview to review my resume and past experiences. We also talked about the role and expectations. After that, I was asked to come in for an on-site interview within the next week. The interview was mainly behavioral based questions, with some random other questions specific about my background. I received an offer in the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with someone more senior (such as your supervisor) and had to challenge their authority.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

I first got a phone call to set up a phone interview. The initial phone interview took approximately one hour. Then, about a month 1/2 later...they followed up to schedule a panel interview and then another phone interview. My phone interview was supposed to take place one morning at 10 am. I never got a call. I didn't receive an e-mail or anything until late that afternoon. Then, the rescheduled. Then, we scheduled a panel interview with three people. This whole process took almost 4 months and they have still not filled the position. Everyone was very polite. It is just a very slow process, or at least for this position it was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you once solved a problem, and by doing something, you created another problem?   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Eaton uses Behavioral Interviews using a list of standard questions. Hypotheticals. EG, " Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult employee who didn't agree with you" etc.

Interview Questions

• Generic. Eg, "What would be your response if you were confronted with...? "   1 Answer

Summer MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

very interactive, nice talk. On the super day, we had one hour tour in Eaton center, two one-one interviews and half an hour talk with an executive member. The hotel and airticket are arranged by Eaton. People are friendly and willing to share their experience.

Interview Questions

• give me a time when you have to move away from standard approach in the middle of something.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied during career fair at university. I was notified about my selection within 4-5 weeks. Had an interview on campus, all behavioral questions. Didn't clear the interview and was notified about it within 5-6 weeks from the date of the interview. I would rate the interview difficulty as average. They have a standard set of questions they refer to.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

First contact through on campus career fair. Second an on campus interview. Last an on site interview. On site interview had 2 interviews and a project presentation. For the project presentation you choose your own project and present it to a group of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• All common behavioral questions. When is a time you failed?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

This had to be the most unprofessional phone interview I ever had. I gave the interviewer five potential days to speak. This guy picks a day he's driving down the highway returning home from a trip. I immediately got the feeling he did not take the interview seriously. I couldn't hear him clearly due to the background noise from the car, this was just one of the worst unprofessional interview's I ever had. Didn't get a face to face interview, which was probably for the best. Really don't want to work for an unprofessional individual like that anyway.

Interview Questions

• Couldn't tell you. I couldn't understand a thing the guy said.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Galesburg, MI).

Interview

I had two phone interviews, first with a hiring manager, and second with a hiring manager and HR. I applied Mid-March and had my offer Late-April for the summer term.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. This was my first internship so did not feel the need to negotiate either.

Operations Interview

Interview

I was given the interview after applying through my campuses Multicultural Engineering Program. After about a week, I was contacted about an interview opportunity on my campus. A few days after the interview, they returned with an offer for their summer intern position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked soft-skill questions only for an engineering position, so nothing was extremely difficult.   Answer Question