Eaton

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

3.1

EatonProgram- Corporate Research and Technology Interview

I applied during career fair at university. I was notified about my selection within 4-5 weeks. Had an interview on campus, all behavioral questions. Didn't clear the interview and was notified about it within 5-6 weeks from the date of the interview. I would rate the interview difficulty as average. They have a standard set of questions they refer to.

Field Engineer Interview

First contact through on campus career fair. Second an on campus interview. Last an on site interview. On site interview had 2 interviews and a project presentation. For the project presentation you choose your own project and present it to a group of interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • All common behavioral questions. When is a time you failed?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eaton in January 2015.

This had to be the most unprofessional phone interview I ever had. I gave the interviewer five potential days to speak. This guy picks a day he's driving down the highway returning home from a trip. I immediately got the feeling he did not take the interview seriously. I couldn't hear him clearly due to the background noise from the car, this was just one of the worst unprofessional interview's I ever had. Didn't get a face to face interview, which was probably for the best. Really don't want to work for an unprofessional individual like that anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Couldn't tell you. I couldn't understand a thing the guy said.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galesburg, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

I had two phone interviews, first with a hiring manager, and second with a hiring manager and HR. I applied Mid-March and had my offer Late-April for the summer term.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. This was my first internship so did not feel the need to negotiate either.

Operations Interview

I was given the interview after applying through my campuses Multicultural Engineering Program. After about a week, I was contacted about an interview opportunity on my campus. A few days after the interview, they returned with an offer for their summer intern position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked soft-skill questions only for an engineering position, so nothing was extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Eaton in December 2014.

Filled out online application, including uploading resume and cover letter. Was contacted a month later to determine an interview date. Four interviews total, one with human resources, one with two product engineers, one with the hiring manager, and one with the master engineer. All questions were based on a behavioral interviewing style. No technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time in which you failed and had to cut your losses on a project"   Answer Question

EHS Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

I applied to a blind job posting online and was contacted by an internal recruiter a week or two later and had a 30 minute phone conversation. He passed me on to the local HR team and I had two phone interviews totaling 1.5 hours. I was then invited onsite which consisted of several group panel interviews and a facility tour. It was the most well organized interview experiences I've had, from the travel arrangements to making sure I had all the information I needed and was comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They're mostly behavior-based interview questions from a list of standard questions so some weren't quick applicable. Nothing overly difficult if you're prepared.   Answer Question

IT Internhsip Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

I initially went to an open house at Eaton's building in Beachwood, OH. This allowed me to see where I would potentially be working. After this, I applied both through my university's online recruiting system and on Eaton's website. I got an on-campus interview with them. However, I was unable to attend this interview, but they were still able to accommodate me. I had two phone interview with them instead and was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which there were two opposing sides and you had to choose one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

This is a 60-minute campus interview conducted by two interviewers. One interviewer followed the spreadsheet to ask basic behavioral questions and the other was in charge of making records. At the end of interview, they were open to answer questions from the interviewee. The format of the question is like "describe a situation when you have unpopular opinion". What you've learned from the experience and how you apply the skills you've learned to other things

SummerProgram Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eaton in November 2014.

Contacted through University Career Services, invited to an interview and pre-interview dinner. The interview was one on one and conducted at the same time as the interviews for the rotational program. The interviews were conducted by alumni of the school who worked in various groups in Eaton (I believe Vehicle and Electrical for us) across the country, which was nice to have non-HR people conducting the interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to learn something on the job   Answer Question