Eaton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Submitted application online and was contacted by HR who did a prescreen over phone. Was later contacted by the hiring manager and setup an interview which included IT director. The position was located in Houston so correspondence was a combination of phone calls and emails. Initial research on the company included GlassDoor reviews helped to set the stage.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of your previous work experience.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

There were 5 persons who interviewed me for 5 hours (1 hour each ) including immediate manager, DOC Manager, Sales Manager, HR Manager and a fellow engineer. All of them asked almost similar questions and all people were very friendly. At a point interview became very boring as I already knew what this guy would ask me next. They don't offer any food or any break for any snacks or anything for the entire time although you can drink water from the water fountain available there. So be ready for the longest interview I ever had in my life. I got through it and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years How do you handle things normally and in stressful situations Give example when you did something which you had not done before and how you handled it   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

These interviewers were not willing to look at the overall package of skills. They did not focus on past successes or all qualifications. They harmed themselves, as do many companies, by not looking at attitude and teamwork. In taking weeks to give me a final answer, they also acted unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• Why a type of experience did not match what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Applied via school job board. HR representative was extremely nice and very accommodating. Unfortunately had just come back from an overnight flight that I believe made me sound less enthused about the position. I wanted to write this review to say even though I did not move on I was very impressed with how they handled the interview.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Bellevue, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

First there were two to three phone interviews followed by an in person interview. During the interview there were skills test and you had to interpret electrical schematics for them. Next were questions about you would handle difficult situations such as difficult customers, difficult machine issues, unethical behavior, and how to handle a problem you couldn't resolve.

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Lincoln, IL).

Interview

I met with all 5 staff members including the HR supervisor individually for about 1 hour each and took a 45 minute plant tour where I was also asked to observe and locate 5 situations standing out that should not be present in a regular production shift and then during lunch with one of the staff managers, I was asked to reveal what I had found. All of the interviewers were very friendly and professional and asked questions focused on the position that I was applying for and then a few questions as to what brought me to the reason for the job move and how I thought I would be effective as an employee of the company.

Interview Questions

• The question was, was there a time that you were assigned as project manager for a high dollar capital project that went over budget? and if so, what did you do to bring it back within budget constraints?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an offer but semi rejected it for more annual salary due to years of experience and expertise along with an increased number of vacation days to better match the position I was leaving from.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nacogdoches, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Nacogdoches, TX).

Interview

I applied through a company contact and had to go through 3 phone interviews and a face to face meeting. I ended up not getting the position but the interview process was not that bad.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by a manager I had interviewed with before and asked to interview for this position. I did a couple of phone screens with HR and then a week later flew to Cleveland. There were 5 separate interviews about an hour a piece. The interviews were panel based and a mix of prepared behavioral questions and casual discussions about my background and experience. There was one video interview and some interviewers joined the conversation via conference call. I interviewed on a Tuesday and was assured a decision would be made by that Friday. 3 weeks later and after several emails asking about the decision I was ignored. I had an offer from another company and decided I was done playing games and accepted the other offer. A week after I accepted the other offer I was called and told that I wasn't selected. What a complete waste of my time. These guys work like molasses and I would recommend you stay away.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral STAR format. Also asked about how my experience would make me successful in this position.   Answer Question

Field Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eaton in June 2015.

Interview

This was the initial phone screen with internal recruiter. Based on the interview experiences posted on Glassdoor, I was expecting behavioral questions. Did not get a single behavioral question. Instead, it was a deep dive into the experience listed on the resume. Being asked questions off of the resume is commonplace but the drill down was unusual. At the start, the recruiter stated she wanted to become an expert on me. I'm used to these initial phone screens lasting 10-15 minutes. This was 45 minutes. I was convinced she had an engineering degree. When she said she wasn't an engineer, I thought, wow, she really understands the organization she's representing/recruiting for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what equipment (components) you worked with during this experience on your resume   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took about 8 weeks, I had several phone interviews followed by three in person panel interviews with a total of seven people. It was obvious that some of the interviewers were not interested in doing interviews and strongly didn't want to be there. I never received any acceptance or rejection notice, very unprofessional especially considering how much of my time this took compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with your boss and how you handled it. Describe a time you handled an unreasonable customer.   Answer Question