Eaton

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

This is a 60-minute campus interview conducted by two interviewers. One interviewer followed the spreadsheet to ask basic behavioral questions and the other was in charge of making records. At the end of interview, they were open to answer questions from the interviewee. The format of the question is like "describe a situation when you have unpopular opinion". What you've learned from the experience and how you apply the skills you've learned to other things

SummerProgram Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eaton in November 2014.

Contacted through University Career Services, invited to an interview and pre-interview dinner. The interview was one on one and conducted at the same time as the interviews for the rotational program. The interviews were conducted by alumni of the school who worked in various groups in Eaton (I believe Vehicle and Electrical for us) across the country, which was nice to have non-HR people conducting the interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to learn something on the job   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Eaton.

Contacted by the recruiting team. Went to an interview at a conference. Second interview was onsite in Pittsbury PA. Had a presentation on a recent project. Talked about my experience and why eaton should hire me. Talked to an Engineering Manager and an HR person.

Immigration paperwork

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

Spoke with them at career fair, applied online and heard back regarding an interview within a week. The first interview was a simple 30 minute behavioral with 3 typical STAR questions. Three weeks later-they said two-I was asked back for a second interview. This was on the phone with a manager for an hour on a Friday. Manager asked similar questions and answered any of my questions. At the end he told me I did great and hoped I got the job. I had another offer pending so I requested that I could hear back the following Tuesday, which they did thankfully.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to bend your ethics to fit in.   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate pay, the locations for the FSE internship are all over the US and around February you put in a list of locations you would like.

FLDP Interview

On-campus interview. Had a current FLDP participant talk to us pre-interview about the program. Interviewer was very detailed and prompted for answers. Interview was about 1 hour. Had time to ask question at end. Asked about willingness to relocate. Asked about international assignment. Asked about why manufacturing industry. Overall, a smooth interview.

Industrial Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

The process was bland, the conversation was not very interesting as well. I applied through my school's career center. They never got back to me with any answer yet sent several requests to fill out a survey

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eaton.

The interview process starts with a brief interview with an employer in a related field. After this interview, there's a phone interview. After the phone interview, they send you to Pittsburgh to participate in an info session as well as giving a presentation to a panel of employers.

IT EMSP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Eaton in October 2014.

Took almost 2 months for the process. It was on-campus interview for me. I interviewed 1 on 1 with 2 different recruiters in different areas of the company (neither were HR, I believe one was for the business side and the other was business/IT). Friendly interviewers. I was comfortable interviewing the whole time and prepared to ask lots of questions (went over the time in both interviews).

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as this is my first internship.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eaton in October 2014.

I had a great first round interview experience I got accepted to the second round so we will see how that goes. The interview was general questions and they like to know the depth of your knowledge!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you and another employee didn't see eye to eye? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    Second interview

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA
    Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton in October 2014.

I applied for the interview through a university website. The interview was on-campus, my sophomore year. It was my first interview ever, so I was quite nervous. They seemed to have about 20 students interviewing, which the engineer that interviewed me continued to remind me of. The initial interviewer was an HR female, she was quite nice and informative. She was sociable which helped me relax.

The second part of the interview was with an electrical engineer of the company. He was short and didn't seem very interested in the interview. I felt he was not pleased with the things I was saying because he would would just shake his head and move on, which seemed to fluster me. He continued to tell me "whatever happens after the interview keep doing what you're doing and you'll find a great career" which made it obvious to me he was not interested.