Eaton

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.1

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

Spoke with them at career fair, applied online and heard back regarding an interview within a week. The first interview was a simple 30 minute behavioral with 3 typical STAR questions. Three weeks later-they said two-I was asked back for a second interview. This was on the phone with a manager for an hour on a Friday. Manager asked similar questions and answered any of my questions. At the end he told me I did great and hoped I got the job. I had another offer pending so I requested that I could hear back the following Tuesday, which they did thankfully.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to bend your ethics to fit in.   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate pay, the locations for the FSE internship are all over the US and around February you put in a list of locations you would like.

FLDP Interview

On-campus interview. Had a current FLDP participant talk to us pre-interview about the program. Interviewer was very detailed and prompted for answers. Interview was about 1 hour. Had time to ask question at end. Asked about willingness to relocate. Asked about international assignment. Asked about why manufacturing industry. Overall, a smooth interview.

Industrial Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

The process was bland, the conversation was not very interesting as well. I applied through my school's career center. They never got back to me with any answer yet sent several requests to fill out a survey

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eaton.

The interview process starts with a brief interview with an employer in a related field. After this interview, there's a phone interview. After the phone interview, they send you to Pittsburgh to participate in an info session as well as giving a presentation to a panel of employers.

IT EMSP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Eaton in October 2014.

Took almost 2 months for the process. It was on-campus interview for me. I interviewed 1 on 1 with 2 different recruiters in different areas of the company (neither were HR, I believe one was for the business side and the other was business/IT). Friendly interviewers. I was comfortable interviewing the whole time and prepared to ask lots of questions (went over the time in both interviews).

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as this is my first internship.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eaton in October 2014.

I had a great first round interview experience I got accepted to the second round so we will see how that goes. The interview was general questions and they like to know the depth of your knowledge!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you and another employee didn't see eye to eye? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    Second interview

Engineering Interview

The hiring process took about 4 weeks it was a single interview. There were two people interviewing, the engineering manager on the product development side, and the manager from the manufacturing side. They were both very friendly so that the environment enjoyable. The interview was not very difficult

Interview Questions
    • How do you get people to change their mind to be on board with your decision   Answer Question

Assembly and Test Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Eaton in September 2014.

I applied online and one day later I received a invite for a onsite interview. I took a unpaid day off from my present job and made a 4 hour drive both ways to attend.The interview was two hours long, 1HR with a HR manager and 1HR with a production manager. Doing the course of the whole process not a single technical question concerning the job I had applied for was asked of me.

The interview consisted 100% of behavior questions. Be warned that if you don't give satisfactory responses with entertaining personal examples than you have just essentially wasted the time and resources you invested to attend the interview because you will not get the job. The only break in the behavior question came when I was asked if I could work 7 days a week for 10-12HRs routinely if required which I responded by saying I could do 10-12HRs weekdays but I couldn't work weekends. For your reference the company has two shifts 5:30am-2:30pm and 1pm-10pm with mandatory OT if needed.

This company has no respect people and the time and effort it takes for them just to make the interview, I was not even out the door when the HR manager said she needed to talk to the production manager who just interviewed me about other candidates why I was still standing there, inhumanly callous.

I have never had a interview in which the actual job itself was not the subject. If you are able to tell entertaining stories than you might have a chance otherwise just being competent and able to actual perform the job will get you dismissed.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eaton.

Very nice individuals, was very helpful as well as detailed during the interview process. They paid for me to travel to Marshall MI as well as for hotel and lodgings. The HR manager was very accommodating and was very willing to help make the interview process easy by being descriptive.

Interview Questions
    • They like when you have previous experiences and they asked me questions based upon those experiences. So make sure you are ready to answer this questions as well as remember details to this experiences.   Answer Question
    I am currently in the process of negotiation

IT Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

I was reached out by HR within a few days of applying. The first interview was a phone interview and lasted about an hour or so. It was filled with some generic technical questions.

The second interview was scheduled a week later. It was comprised of several people who all asked behavioral questions based on previous experiences. This interview lasted an an hour and a half and was fairly straight forward.

The whole process took two weeks. They were kind enough to keep me in the loop the entire time and even let me know when they made an offer to another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time that you had to conflicting tasks and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question