Eaton Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Lincoln, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted within 3 weeks for a phone screen. The hiring manager contacted me the next week for another phone screen and two weeks later I was interviewing in person with a panel of 8 people. The in person interview lasted 3 hours and I was asked to prepare a Power Point presentation of my work history and why I would be the best candidate (a 20 min presentation). I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have salary bands and came in pretty high to start with. I didn't have much wiggle room.

Other Interview Reviews for Eaton

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, Division Controller, site, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you were any brick in the wall; what brick would you want to be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

very limited negotiation as I was already an 'insider'.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Raleigh, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online, a phone recruiter contacted me about 4 weeks later. We scheduled a time, spoke on the phone, and she forwarded me to the hiring manager. HM contacted me, we scheduled a time to speak on the phone, spoke, then scheduled a time for an in person interview. During the face to face, I interviewed with the HM and her boss, as well as another member of the team. Two days after the face to face, I had another phone interview with manager in a different location. 4 days later the HM called me to tell me I didn't get the position. It came down to myself and an internal candidate, they went with the internal. Overall, the process was very pleasant, professional, and moved along better than expected. The people were informative, open, and respectful. I would pursue another role at Eaton if it presented itself.

Interview Questions

• Pretty average 'Tell about a time when....' questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Sarasota, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

I registered for the National Black MBA conference and got a call from a recruiter who advised me to apply for positions at Eaton, I did this and got a a call from a different recruiter to interview for a role in Sarasota florida. I interviewed with 2 managers, a VP and an HR manager..all one on one interviews

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly behavioral, in fact they were prepared before hand with technical questions in between. There was no especially difficult question..e.g tell me of a time you failed and what did you learn from that experience   Answer Question

It was a nice offer but I live in Houston, moving to Sarasota wasnt something I was ready to do. Also I saw a trend where people who moved up in the company had to be prepared to move geographically quite a bit.

Anonymous Employee in Moon Township, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Moon Township, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

The in person interview process consisted of behavioral based questions from four groups of staff members over a four hour period.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where two projects were due but you only had time to complete one of the projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eaton (Raleigh, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

The process was somewhat standard. I applied on their website and 3 days later I was contacted by their talent team. The talent team sent my resume over to the hiring manager for review. Next I was contacted by a local HR Generalist for a 30 min phone interveiw. The interview consisted of behavioral questions and questions about my background and education. I got called back for a on-site about a week later. The on-site interview was with HR, Director of Finance and two plant Controllers. The process was about 3 hours consisting of behavioral questions. The process was extremely professional and seamless. Two weeks passed and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team you hard to work with an employee you did not get along with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work on a project or system you knew nothing about?   Answer Question