Eaton Vance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.1

Interview

A lot of talks with great people, and they care a lot about your interest. I had many opportunities to ask what I want to know about this company, and also hardcore tests. That was quite a standard process for interview.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application, contacted to set up in person interview, took about 2 hours, met with 3 groups of 2 people each so the interview was more of a conversation. No tough questions, just asking about you and what you know.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interview

I met with a recruiter in an on campus interview. The interview was pretty informal and casual. The questions were mostly behavioral and conversational about my resume and background. The recruiter said I would be a great fit, but the company hires on a need basis and they wouldn't know if they had an opening for a couple of months. The recruiter said to check back with him in a couple of months to see if they had an opening for me. Seemed like a backwards way to interview.

Client Relations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interview

Applied online, but also had an employee referral. I heard back about a week later that they wanted me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different people. One was from HR and the other two were potential managers. They asked all pretty straightforward questions about myself and my past experiences, nothing too tricky.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting thing you've read about the financial markets in the past week?   Answer Question

Global Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA).

Interview

After a preliminary interview I was invited to a "Superday" at their Boston office. The process was exhausting and excessive to say the least. I was told I would have to take an Excel Test at the end of my five interviews with five different associates. What they didn't mention was the surprise memory test, word association test, general reading quiz, general math quiz, statistics quiz (got a calculator though!!...), and brain teaser questions. After being subjected to all of this, I was then questioned on multiple economic concepts and expected to discuss European politics.

Interview Questions

• What is the total sums of mortgages in the United States?   1 Answer
    • You are playing Russian Roulette and you have a 6-barrel gun and there are two bullets in the chamber (lying consecutively in the chamber). I fire one shot at myself and no bullet comes out and then hand the gun to you. Are you going to spin the barrel and shoot at yourself or shoot from where I left it? (assuming you do not want to get shot)   2 Answers
    • List every Eurozone country that you can think of.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Recruiters were extremely helpful throughout the entire process and really wanted to help in terms of getting hired full time.

Great company to work for. Summer intern program is very organized and you are treated as an employee.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience that required you to challenge yourself in a leadership position and how you worked through it.

Overall pretty generic interview questions talking about my roles in previous positions. No curveballs!

Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interviews were pretty basic, just behavioral. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Went into the office three times and met with different levels in the company.

Mutual Funds Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews (one on one and group) with managers of the operations department and the sales department. Typical walk-through resume questions with not much unexpected. Basic knowledge of financial services needed to back up personal goals questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service and diffused a situaion?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

After speaking with an HR recruiter at an on-campus event, I was called three days later and asked to come into the office for an interview. Was very straightforward, ask behavioral questions and to go through my resume-nothing technical. Felt very comfortable the entire time.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then then 3 1:1 face to face interviews with a member of HR, Hiring Manager, and Equity Manager. Mostly behavioral questions; ranging from your strengths weaknesses to walking them through your resume. Asked about any companies I would suggest investing in or any of my current investments.