Eaton Vance Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014
17 interviews

3.2

Client Relations Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Applied online, but also had an employee referral. I heard back about a week later that they wanted me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different people. One was from HR and the other two were potential managers. They asked all pretty straightforward questions about myself and my past experiences, nothing too tricky.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most interesting thing you've read about the financial markets in the past week?   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Eaton Vance in May 2012.

The interview was a bit painful. The manager had no interview skills and lead off with "so tell me about yourself" and then crickets. After about eight minutes the interviewer checked his email. He then invited another person into the interview. This gentlemen actually discussed the position and had a dialogue back and forth about my resume and what the position would entail. I would not recommend this company based upon my experience. I actually got a second interview but declined.

Mutual Funds Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eaton Vance in August 2013.

Multiple interviews (one on one and group) with managers of the operations department and the sales department. Typical walk-through resume questions with not much unexpected. Basic knowledge of financial services needed to back up personal goals questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service and diffused a situaion?   Answer Question

Global Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Eaton Vance.

After a preliminary interview I was invited to a "Superday" at their Boston office. The process was exhausting and excessive to say the least. I was told I would have to take an Excel Test at the end of my five interviews with five different associates. What they didn't mention was the surprise memory test, word association test, general reading quiz, general math quiz, statistics quiz (got a calculator though!!...), and brain teaser questions. After being subjected to all of this, I was then questioned on multiple economic concepts and expected to discuss European politics.

Interview Questions
    • What is the total sums of mortgages in the United States?   Answer Question
    • You are playing Russian Roulette and you have a 6-barrel gun and there are two bullets in the chamber (lying consecutively in the chamber). I fire one shot at myself and no bullet comes out and then hand the gun to you. Are you going to spin the barrel and shoot at yourself or shoot from where I left it? (assuming you do not want to get shot)   View Answer
    • List every Eurozone country that you can think of.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interviews were pretty basic, just behavioral. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Went into the office three times and met with different levels in the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eaton Vance in March 2013.

On-campus interview - Eaton Vance came onto campus and I had two first round interviews for two different positions. Both of the interviews went very well; they asked questions more related to me as a person and my past experiences than quizzing me on any knowledge or any specific question about the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too bad - mostly just making me go into a lot of detail about my past internship experience.   Answer Question
    I was not able to because the hourly wage for inters was set.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Eaton Vance in April 2013.

Initial phone interview, then then 3 1:1 face to face interviews with a member of HR, Hiring Manager, and Equity Manager. Mostly behavioral questions; ranging from your strengths weaknesses to walking them through your resume. Asked about any companies I would suggest investing in or any of my current investments.

Intern Interview

After speaking with an HR recruiter at an on-campus event, I was called three days later and asked to come into the office for an interview. Was very straightforward, ask behavioral questions and to go through my resume-nothing technical. Felt very comfortable the entire time.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Eaton Vance in July 2011.

Positive interview experience, very professional, and at the time, they said they have never let anyone go throughout the downturn. But the firm never followed up after interview; this is very typical in Boston to not get follow up.

Tax Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Eaton Vance in November 2011.

I got a call from HR on Friday. I didn't catch the call due I was busy. She asked me to return the call to the certain number. I called back on Monday, but no one answered the calls so I left voice mail. HR didn't get back to me back so when I called on Tuesday again. I don't know if I called too many calls (2 calls within Monday and 1 call on Tuesday). HR just cut my call when I called again around noon. It is pretty mean and weird.

Worked for Eaton Vance? Contribute to the Community!