Eaton Vance

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Mutual Funds Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eaton Vance in March 2010.

In the first Interview, I met with a Human Resource Rep who had schedule the interview. We got to know each other and she asked me basic question (how I heard about the job and question about my resume). She also gave me an over view of the job and what I should expect from the company. This took about 30 minutes.

I then went into the second part of the interview with two department supervisors. One described the requirements for the job and the expectations - This position requires that you deal with shareholders and brokers over the phone. You answer on average 40 to 60 phone calls a day (help customers with questions like account balances and other account info). They do info you that the job can be hectic sometimes and it gets busy towards the end of tax season. You will have to be a patient person to work in this position.

The other supervisor asked questions about my qualifications, my resume. Question like- what makes you the best fit for this position, tell us about yourself, how do you deal with stress and give an example of a time you were in a stressful situation and what you did, your 5 year plan, what qualities do you expect from a supervisor. This part took about an hour.

I also met with another supervisor who asked similar questions. I was called in two weeks later for the second interview which basically consisted of the same questions. The people interviewing are very good and makes you feel very comfortable. The work place is very beautiful and very clean.

You need to be very prepared because that gives you the confidence you need for the interview. After every interview, make sure to send a thank you email and a hand written thank you note.

Interview Questions
  • What will you bring to this organization and what qualities makes you the best fit for this position?   Answer Question
  • Describe a stressful situation that you faced and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with an angry customer over the phone?   Answer Question
There was really no negotiation involved