Eby-Brown Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.8

Loading and Unloading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eby-Brown (Plainfield, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

They have you come in as a group for the interview. Which is a good thing. You get all the information about the job. Ask whatever questions you have at the end and decided for yourself, right then, if the job is for you.

Interview Questions

• They told us about the possibility of overtime and asked of we was willing to work overtime.   1 Answer

HRIS/Payroll Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eby-Brown (Naperville, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was conducted through a recruiter. I had a phone interview, and about 1 week later, I had an in person interview. The interview was 3 hours long. Complete with a personality, skill set and Excel test.

Interview Questions

• How much Excel experience did I have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The salary did not have negotiation available.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. In the first one it was just a phone interview that seemed to be if you would be a good fit for the company. The second interview was with the chief executives and lasted about a hour.

New Business Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eby-Brown.

Interview

Emails, Phone calls, in person interview, meeting with HR manager, online personality testing. I met with several managers to evaluate my ability to do the position and then they had me job shadow a few different people to see if I would like the job. I met with some current employees and had some discussions.

Warehouse Picker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eby-Brown in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was very simple. The people giving the interview asked a few simple questions asked me about my availability, and asked me to take a short simple test. A very easy hiring process overall.

General Warehouse Interview

Interview

Filled out an application on site. Received a call two weeks later to schedule an interview. The actual interview was performed by a woman seemed to only have canned answers. My questions were met with vague answers or went unanswered. There was also a quick written test, similar to an IQ test.

Interview Questions

• There were none. It was mostly a recitation of my application and a few general facts about the company.   Answer Question

I was skeptical of the company to begin with and the woman with whom I interviewed was kind but less than impressive, bordering on unprofessional. At the end of the interview I was offered a position but I told her I wasn't prepared to accept just yet.

Buyer Replenishment Interview

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. Met with three people in the company. Then they sat me for an excel, word and IQ test. Overall, the testing part was most greuling

Retail Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eby-Brown (Baltimore, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

Manager was very mean and cruel with responses. Has no people skills

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Eby Brown   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eby-Brown (Ypsilanti, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

Recommended by a friends; filled out a paper application at the warehouse office; received a phone call within the week and scheduled an interview; interview included a talk with hr hiring manager and a timed test.

Negotiation

None

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eby-Brown.

Interview

Always ask if there are any inside candidates that are being interviewed for the position - if they are - don't bother interviewing as they always hire within. I know this as I have been on 5 interviews for different departments.