Echo Global Logistics

www.echo.com

Echo Global Logistics Carrier Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2011.

Interview Details – First contact is an email to get in touch for a phone interview. They will find out if you WANT to work. They will not mention too many specifics of the job, however they are paid if you are hired, so backing out on your end will prompt them to tell you it's $35k benefits etc. They want to meet you in person. You will set up a time, which they will be late for. You will interview with 3+ people, from all different departments and in between they do this "nervous test stress" thing where they will leave you to sit in a conference room for 20-30 minutes while you wait for the next interviewer. Most of the interviewers seemingly don't care and will look through you as you speak. They will dismiss you and call you back for a 3rd interview with the offer on the table. You have 24 hours to accept. The offer is non-negotiable.

Interview Question – A time that you lied to protect yourself or someone else.

I think we have all done that as kids or young adults, but still, admitting this fault is difficult and sets you up in a sense.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. I tried to negotiate, but they won't budge, no matter what your qualifications are etc.you start at the bottom.

Chicago, IL

I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter in about a week. I did a basic phone interview with the woman that contacted me first and it was pretty easy - she asked standard questions such as "why do you want to work in sales?" "tell me about a time you tried to complete a project and failed" etc. I then was asked to come into the office where I sat with a current rep for about 30 minutes, then interviewed with two people. The first woman was extremely friendly and enthusiastic, she appeared to love her job and the company. Talking to her was more of a conversation than an interview because she seemed very interested in my background, what I wanted for my own career and why I thought I could be a good fit there. She also seemed to be honest about what the job entailed which I appreciated because I would rather have all the facts to make a decision, and I also liked that she talked me through both the training program (2 weeks in a classroom and 1 week with her) and a "typical" day on the job. After her, I met with another man who I believe was one of the managers of the department. There was about a 5 minute lag in between the recruiter leaving and him coming in and I assume they were talking because he didn't stay long at all, just asked why I was interested in the job and when I could start and walked me out. I didn't get his contact information, but the first woman I met with gave me her business card and I emailed back and fourth with her a few times before accepting just to as a few follow up questions. She responded quickly and seemed excited to have me on the team. I was made an offer a few days later and accepted - I start in July and am very excited!

Interview Question – What are three words your last boss would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1st interview was with a recruiter of about 15 minutes asking simple questions like, "What are your career goals, Why did you choose your major/school, Why Echo, etc.?" Second interview process was come in to the intended branch. I met with the branch manager for about 15 minutes. The branch manager asked, "Why sales? And What I liked about Echo?" I was told about Echo and asked about 5 questions that were answered. The next process was job shadowing 2 reps. One was a Customer Sales Representative, the other was a Carrier Sales representative. Both representatives showed me a very quick glimpse of some duties they did and answered any questions I had. The overall job shadow process was about 20-25 minutes. Both employees said they loved working at Echo and really expanded on the culture. After job shadowing I met with the supervisors of both the customer and carrier sales representatives. Fairly easy questions, but some to trip up someone. The questions were like, "How do you handle success, How do you handle failure, How do you handle when get compliments on a project, How do you handle when don't, How have you been successful in sales in the past, Why would we want you, What do you know about the Logistics Industry?" After about 20 minutes of answering and asking questions I was thanked for coming and they said my recruiter would be in touch by the end of the week. One day later I got an email saying that they wanted me to complete the "Final Phone Interview" with a carrier sales manager in Chicago. Along with that email I was sent login information to complete a very basic background check. I completed it the same day to get the ball rolling. The final phone interview was completed by another employee other than the one I was scheduled to do with and pretty much it was just if I had any big questions about the job, and anything that wasn't answered at the Branch visit. This interview took about 10 minutes. I was thanked and told I would be contacted by the branch in the near future after background check came through. I didn't hear anything until the following week morning with an email saying they would be contacting me in the next few days. By the next day afternoon I was offered the job and agreed upon a price. It was a very smooth process and I am very excited to be starting my career at Echo.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated to $38,000.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had an interview last month to be a Carrier Sales Rep. First I spoke by phone to a recruiter in Chicago for 30 minutes. Then I went to their office in MId-Town to meet with the Carrier Sales Supervisor and Branch Manager and now I just had my interview with a Carrier Sales Manager in Chicago (by phone again).

Interview Question – No really off the wall questions. Where do I see myself in 2 years? Why do I think I'd be great at sales? Can I motivate myself to make 100 calls a day?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money than offered but they said they only give more to those with experience. I was fine with it.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Do you want to work in one of our other offices?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a counter offer from another company so I was able to negotiate 2,000 more annually.

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Recruiter a couple days after applying to the website and we set up a phone interview for a couple weeks later. The interview was very conversational. Went into the office and sat with a rep to get a better understanding of the position. The "final" phone interview with a senior manager in Chicago seemed like it was more of an informational call and they already knew they were extending me an offer by that point.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – The people are very friendly and it is overall an easy going experience; you job shadow someone for 30 mins right when you get in which is good because it takes away from sitting in a room waiting for people to come grill you with queastions.

After shadowing, 2-3 managers interview and it is very causal; they are more concerned with what questions you have for them rather than them asking you a million questions about your work history, schooling, etc.

Interview Question – If I were to tell you that this interview is going horrible for both you and I, what would you have to say for yoruself right now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was to their terms and conditions as far as the hours worked and salary goes

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details – 1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you qualify for the position

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions with nothing out of the ordinary just be yourself   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you fill the position.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Stick to team focused approaches to these answers. Also play up entrepreneur skills or tendencies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to go 3000 higher than offered.
They start at 35000 but you can swing 40000 if you have some experience.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!