Echo Global Logistics Carrier Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Long Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email she attached the job description and asked me to reply if I was interested in setting up a phone interview. I responded to confirm a phone interview. My phone interview was on time and went fantastic, I was invited to set up an in person interview at the end of the call. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What is something you didn't like in your previous roles.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Typical phone screening interview then was promptly scheduled for an in person. Got shown around the office and participated in shadowing before in the interview started. Interview was pretty laid back. Most of the actually time in the interview was spent listening to what the company does and what the job would entail.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview started off like any other interview, with just some general background questions and questions about the job hunt. A lot of the questions were very similar in nature and it made me feel like I was repeating myself over and over. I didn't feel the interviewer was really listening to what I had to say and I heard email being refreshed in the background about 2-3 times.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Found the job through indeed and applied. Got a call a few days later as a 'feeler'' interview and moved on to a face-to-face interview. I was brought in and after a tour of the office I shadowed a Carrier Sales Rep and got to listen to a few phone calls. After the shadow, I went through the basic interview Q and A. All in all it was a short process which I feel is contributed to the fact that it was the Friday before Memorial Day. Waiting to hear back now.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

First I met with a recruiter on campus and they followed up with a phone interview. The HR recruiter is educated and well-mannered but when I got to their Dallas office I got to see a different side of the company. The place was messy (i.e. trash cans overflowing, interviewing table had old food on it, kind of depressing sight in general), the sales managers who interviewed me were wearing wrinkled t-shirts, jeans, and had a general "disheveled" appearance about them. It seemed as though they were doing me the favor of interviewing me as it sounded like they were reading off of a script and payed no interest to my responses. I'm glad I went to this interview because it will serve as good experience for a company I do NOT want to work for. I know I'm fresh out of college but I have more worth than working at Echo Global.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 15, 2015 – Branch Manager

Thank you for coming to visit the Dallas office! We often like to reward our employees with things like free breakfast tacos and Potbelly or pizza for lunch. Sadly, buying food for 70 people means ... More

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Very relaxed - they want to make sure you are able to hold a normal conversation. It is not an easy job so they actually try to scare you away. They don't want anyone coming in who doesn't know what they'll be up against.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter messed up the scheduling of the first phone interview, so while I was waiting for a phone call to come in, I got an email saying he messed up and needed to reschedule. I was annoyed, but was polite and we rescheduled. Again, the time came for the phone interview and I was left waiting. I got another email from the woman that would have conducted the interview herself rather than the recruiter. She apologized and said she was stuck in a meeting. We rescheduled for a third time and we finally conducted the interview. There were pretty basic questions that were asked and I thought the interview actually went very well.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 15, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks so much for writing a review of your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to interview with us, I apologize for any mix-up in scheduling. We strive to call candidates on time, despite ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

First comes the phone interview, which I believe is the most important interview as it will determine whether you get invited to come to the office for an official interview. First you are asked questions of why you are interested in the position, what is your competitive background and what makes you stand out, basic questions for a phone interview. Once you explain your history and what makes you stand out the interviewer will decide weather or not to invite you back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate (more when they asked then the question itself, caught me a little off guard).   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, 35K + Commission.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2014.

Interview

The first time the company contacted me was via email to confirm a phone interview. The initial phone interview covered why I was interested in the company, the details of the position, my past experiences related to the position, salary/benefits, etc. I was asked back for a second interview which included a session where I shadowed a carrier sales rep followed by a face to face interview with one of the managers. This time we covered some of the same things as before, but in much more detail. Along with a few questions regarding how certain situations should be handled and where I plan to be in the near future.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to handle a situation in which you are unable to accommodate a customer's requests and/or needs?   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

Interview

1st interview was with a recruiter of about 15 minutes asking simple questions like, "What are your career goals, Why did you choose your major/school, Why Echo, etc.?" Second interview process was come in to the intended branch. I met with the branch manager for about 15 minutes. The branch manager asked, "Why sales? And What I liked about Echo?" I was told about Echo and asked about 5 questions that were answered. The next process was job shadowing 2 reps. One was a Customer Sales Representative, the other was a Carrier Sales representative. Both representatives showed me a very quick glimpse of some duties they did and answered any questions I had. The overall job shadow process was about 20-25 minutes. Both employees said they loved working at Echo and really expanded on the culture. After job shadowing I met with the supervisors of both the customer and carrier sales representatives. Fairly easy questions, but some to trip up someone. The questions were like, "How do you handle success, How do you handle failure, How do you handle when get compliments on a project, How do you handle when don't, How have you been successful in sales in the past, Why would we want you, What do you know about the Logistics Industry?" After about 20 minutes of answering and asking questions I was thanked for coming and they said my recruiter would be in touch by the end of the week. One day later I got an email saying that they wanted me to complete the "Final Phone Interview" with a carrier sales manager in Chicago. Along with that email I was sent login information to complete a very basic background check. I completed it the same day to get the ball rolling. The final phone interview was completed by another employee other than the one I was scheduled to do with and pretty much it was just if I had any big questions about the job, and anything that wasn't answered at the Branch visit. This interview took about 10 minutes. I was thanked and told I would be contacted by the branch in the near future after background check came through. I didn't hear anything until the following week morning with an email saying they would be contacting me in the next few days. By the next day afternoon I was offered the job and agreed upon a price. It was a very smooth process and I am very excited to be starting my career at Echo.

Negotiation

Negotiated to $38,000.