Echo Global Logistics
www.echo.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Echo Global Logistics Carrier Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 20, 2014

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Do you want to work in one of our other offices?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a counter offer from another company so I was able to negotiate 2,000 more annually.

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Recruiter a couple days after applying to the website and we set up a phone interview for a couple weeks later. The interview was very conversational. Went into the office and sat with a rep to get a better understanding of the position. The "final" phone interview with a senior manager in Chicago seemed like it was more of an informational call and they already knew they were extending me an offer by that point.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – The people are very friendly and it is overall an easy going experience; you job shadow someone for 30 mins right when you get in which is good because it takes away from sitting in a room waiting for people to come grill you with queastions.

After shadowing, 2-3 managers interview and it is very causal; they are more concerned with what questions you have for them rather than them asking you a million questions about your work history, schooling, etc.

Interview Question – If I were to tell you that this interview is going horrible for both you and I, what would you have to say for yoruself right now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was to their terms and conditions as far as the hours worked and salary goes

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. I had an initial phone conversation with the recruiter, and then came into the office where I sat with another Carrier Sales Rep for about 30 minutes. I then met with the woman in charge of training for the department who was very knowledgeable. I don’t know if she was actually listening to a word I said, but she was very engaged and focused on me, which was nice. She also mentioned that she did the job for almost four years so it was nice to be able to ask her questions about the specifics of the jobs that the original recruiter wasn’t aware of. She also gave an explanation and description of what the training process would entail, and one of the main things that drew me to accepting the offer was that after the classroom training (2 weeks) and the training with her (1 week) there was another period where we were doing the job and out of training, but part of a group run by her so we could learn more and make mistakes and learn about the business and the company. Finally I met with a guy who told me he was the Vice President of the department. He was friendly and was interested in my background, but I got the feeling he didn’t know much about the position itself. However since I met with him last, I already had a really good idea of what the position involved.

Interview Question – How would you react if I told you this interview was going horribly?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details – 1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you qualify for the position

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions with nothing out of the ordinary just be yourself   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you fill the position.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Stick to team focused approaches to these answers. Also play up entrepreneur skills or tendencies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to go 3000 higher than offered.
They start at 35000 but you can swing 40000 if you have some experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Echo Global Logistics

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Echo Global Logistics Videos

Echo Global Logistics – Why Work for Us?

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded individuals with one common thread, an opportunity to jumpstart a career at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Echo Global Logistics Carrier Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Echo Global Logistics employees and interview candidates.