Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with two different employees within a two week span. They were very laid back phone calls asking about myself and why I was interested in the job. I then got asked to interview in person. I got a tour of the building then met with a manager and then got the opportunity to shadow a current operations specialist. After the shadow, I interviewed with another manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I recieved an email to do an over the phone interview. She was impressed, so i was invited for an in person interview. Sat with operations manager and another manager. Then i shadowed a nice young lady named emily. Now im just waiting on a call back. The enviroment is so fresh and fun looking. Seems to be a great company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I havent got offered the job as of yet, hopefully I will.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

First they called me for a phone interview and then they scheduled a in person interview like two weeks later which then I went to is about hour and a half of an interview and then a shadow and then another interview and then they said they would get back to me in a few days

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview started off like any other interview, with just some general background questions and questions about the job hunt. A lot of the questions were very similar in nature and it made me feel like I was repeating myself over and over. I didn't feel the interviewer was really listening to what I had to say and I heard email being refreshed in the background about 2-3 times.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typical interview process. After you apply online there will be a phone interview. After the phone interview there will be an in person interview. The last step is another in-person interview and shadowing the carrier or customer sales department. Background check, no drug test.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview: Basic personality questions, not to stressful and the interviewers are very nice and easy to talk to On location meeting with job shadow included: hour for the job shadow to get a rough idea of what on the job looks like. Afterwards, 1 on 1 interview with HR rep to discuss prospects personality as well as past experiences. One week to two for notification whether you are hired or not. Then negotiate pay and what not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is your biggest success in your experience? How do you handle rejection? Maintain motivation? What experiences and personality contribute to a successful business man?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No moving fees, no signing bonus, and I personality was not "able" to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter messed up the scheduling of the first phone interview, so while I was waiting for a phone call to come in, I got an email saying he messed up and needed to reschedule. I was annoyed, but was polite and we rescheduled. Again, the time came for the phone interview and I was left waiting. I got another email from the woman that would have conducted the interview herself rather than the recruiter. She apologized and said she was stuck in a meeting. We rescheduled for a third time and we finally conducted the interview. There were pretty basic questions that were asked and I thought the interview actually went very well.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 15, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks so much for writing a review of your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to interview with us, I apologize for any mix-up in scheduling. We strive to call candidates on time, despite ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

First comes the phone interview, which I believe is the most important interview as it will determine whether you get invited to come to the office for an official interview. First you are asked questions of why you are interested in the position, what is your competitive background and what makes you stand out, basic questions for a phone interview. Once you explain your history and what makes you stand out the interviewer will decide weather or not to invite you back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate (more when they asked then the question itself, caught me a little off guard).   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, 35K + Commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter in about a week. I did a basic phone interview with the woman that contacted me first and it was pretty easy - she asked standard questions such as "why do you want to work in sales?" "tell me about a time you tried to complete a project and failed" etc. I then was asked to come into the office where I sat with a current rep for about 30 minutes, then interviewed with two people. The first woman was extremely friendly and enthusiastic, she appeared to love her job and the company. Talking to her was more of a conversation than an interview because she seemed very interested in my background, what I wanted for my own career and why I thought I could be a good fit there. She also seemed to be honest about what the job entailed which I appreciated because I would rather have all the facts to make a decision, and I also liked that she talked me through both the training program (2 weeks in a classroom and 1 week with her) and a "typical" day on the job. After her, I met with another man who I believe was one of the managers of the department. There was about a 5 minute lag in between the recruiter leaving and him coming in and I assume they were talking because he didn't stay long at all, just asked why I was interested in the job and when I could start and walked me out. I didn't get his contact information, but the first woman I met with gave me her business card and I emailed back and fourth with her a few times before accepting just to as a few follow up questions. She responded quickly and seemed excited to have me on the team. I was made an offer a few days later and accepted - I start in July and am very excited!

Interview Questions

• What are three words your last boss would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Shadowed someone that was in the position being interviewed for. Interviewed with potential direct manager and account manager. Overall interview took about 2 and half hours. Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable about the company and the industry.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

I let HR know the amount i needed in order to leave previous role.