Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2014.

First comes the phone interview, which I believe is the most important interview as it will determine whether you get invited to come to the office for an official interview. First you are asked questions of why you are interested in the position, what is your competitive background and what makes you stand out, basic questions for a phone interview. Once you explain your history and what makes you stand out the interviewer will decide weather or not to invite you back.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best candidate (more when they asked then the question itself, caught me a little off guard).   View Answer
    No negotiation, 35K + Commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter in about a week. I did a basic phone interview with the woman that contacted me first and it was pretty easy - she asked standard questions such as "why do you want to work in sales?" "tell me about a time you tried to complete a project and failed" etc. I then was asked to come into the office where I sat with a current rep for about 30 minutes, then interviewed with two people. The first woman was extremely friendly and enthusiastic, she appeared to love her job and the company. Talking to her was more of a conversation than an interview because she seemed very interested in my background, what I wanted for my own career and why I thought I could be a good fit there. She also seemed to be honest about what the job entailed which I appreciated because I would rather have all the facts to make a decision, and I also liked that she talked me through both the training program (2 weeks in a classroom and 1 week with her) and a "typical" day on the job. After her, I met with another man who I believe was one of the managers of the department. There was about a 5 minute lag in between the recruiter leaving and him coming in and I assume they were talking because he didn't stay long at all, just asked why I was interested in the job and when I could start and walked me out. I didn't get his contact information, but the first woman I met with gave me her business card and I emailed back and fourth with her a few times before accepting just to as a few follow up questions. She responded quickly and seemed excited to have me on the team. I was made an offer a few days later and accepted - I start in July and am very excited!

Interview Questions
    • What are three words your last boss would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Referred by a friend to the company. Communication with Corporate Recruiter was off and on for a few months before setting up an official interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected or difficult questions. Questions regarding sales and experiences related to the job field were brought up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

The people are very friendly and it is overall an easy going experience; you job shadow someone for 30 mins right when you get in which is good because it takes away from sitting in a room waiting for people to come grill you with queastions.

After shadowing, 2-3 managers interview and it is very causal; they are more concerned with what questions you have for them rather than them asking you a million questions about your work history, schooling, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to tell you that this interview is going horrible for both you and I, what would you have to say for yoruself right now?   View Answer
    It was to their terms and conditions as far as the hours worked and salary goes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    I had a counter offer from another company so I was able to negotiate 2,000 more annually.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

Telephone Interview with contract recruiter representing the company. The person was not prepared and first ignored a previously scheduled interview and then re-scheduled after I sent an email about the originally scheduled interview. The interview was the most offensive I have encountered in my 30+ years work experience. I was told I may not be "modern" enough so beware if you are over 40 years of age. If you take a look at their website you will find most employees are much younger.

Interview Questions
    • Explain something you have architectected and what did it look like?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Hiring team calls with a phone interview first and then sets up a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    No room to budge. Hiring team does not have ability to negotiate it

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

The interview process was fast, easy & very unintimidating. I received a phone call after recruiters found my resume online. We chatted briefly before I was set up for an interview for later that week. I was greeted promptly and escorted to a meeting room where I met with HR, and the department manager. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and I was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I did sense that the group I was possibly joining wasn't very cohesive; that assumption was correct.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiating. Echo refused to give a salary range so I dug my heels in & refused to give a number as well during the interview. The offer was about what I expected with the possibility of bonuses.

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Applied online, got a call for an interview about two weeks later. Had phone interview with recruiter that went very well, then had the second phone interview with a different recruiter the next week which also went very well. They said they wanted me to come interview at their office asap so I went there the next week feeling pretty confident. Had 1:1 interviews with two different sales rep managers both of which were very unprofessional. One of the managers didn't even ask questions related to the job I was applying for and barely kept eye contact with me. Very odd interview experience. Said they would call me first thing Monday, didn't hear back for 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What isn't on your resume that you would like to tell us about.   Answer Question

.NET Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2012.

First contacted by internal recruitment agency staffed on site. Given advice by recruiters to wear a suit, and prompt interview. Two interviews followed. First was technical, second was a meeting with more of a manager.

The first interview was done by a typical Microsoft technical guy who asked relatively easy questions which gradually got a little more difficult until they were unanswerable. Second interview was with his boss, who had no real questions of me, but seemed to want me to tapdance or do something else to impress him or make him feel important. He had not even looked at my resume before I had arrived. I got dressed up, as requested, and took a day off from my current job to be there, but they were not prepared to interview me, and seemed relatively disinterested in the whole thing from the start. He had a surprisingly negative attitude about their business and seemed to expect me to have ideas on how to improve their processes, which is hard since their business is relatively new, and I have had no exposure to it.

I was cold contacted by their recruiters on LinkedIn, so I was not actively seeking a job, just somewhat curious about their environment. Sales people there are packed together in big rooms like sardines. I was told programmers have even less space. I was not told anything with regard to what they were looking for... I think they might have disliked me, personally, from the very beginning because there was not much conversation on their end. I'm a relatively large guy, and it might be that I would not have fit into their tiny spaces.

I usually do not perform well in interviews, I'm a software developer, and this was no exception. But I feel that these interviews were more like practice on their part (they also were not good communicators) and it was unlikely they were going to hire anyone at that time anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of off-putting statements by second interviewer like, "What do you got for me?" and "you got a thing for startups?"   View Answer