Echo Global Logistics

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Do you want to work in one of our other offices?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a counter offer from another company so I was able to negotiate 2,000 more annually.

Carrier Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – The people are very friendly and it is overall an easy going experience; you job shadow someone for 30 mins right when you get in which is good because it takes away from sitting in a room waiting for people to come grill you with queastions.

After shadowing, 2-3 managers interview and it is very causal; they are more concerned with what questions you have for them rather than them asking you a million questions about your work history, schooling, etc.

Interview Question – If I were to tell you that this interview is going horrible for both you and I, what would you have to say for yoruself right now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was to their terms and conditions as far as the hours worked and salary goes

Client Sales Representative Interview

Client Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend to the company. Communication with Corporate Recruiter was off and on for a few months before setting up an official interview.

Interview Question – Not many unexpected or difficult questions. Questions regarding sales and experiences related to the job field were brought up.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Carrier Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. I had an initial phone conversation with the recruiter, and then came into the office where I sat with another Carrier Sales Rep for about 30 minutes. I then met with the woman in charge of training for the department who was very knowledgeable. I don’t know if she was actually listening to a word I said, but she was very engaged and focused on me, which was nice. She also mentioned that she did the job for almost four years so it was nice to be able to ask her questions about the specifics of the jobs that the original recruiter wasn’t aware of. She also gave an explanation and description of what the training process would entail, and one of the main things that drew me to accepting the offer was that after the classroom training (2 weeks) and the training with her (1 week) there was another period where we were doing the job and out of training, but part of a group run by her so we could learn more and make mistakes and learn about the business and the company. Finally I met with a guy who told me he was the Vice President of the department. He was friendly and was interested in my background, but I got the feeling he didn’t know much about the position itself. However since I met with him last, I already had a really good idea of what the position involved.

Interview Question – How would you react if I told you this interview was going horribly?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring team calls with a phone interview first and then sets up a face to face interview

Interview Question – Standard   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room to budge. Hiring team does not have ability to negotiate it

Enterprise Architect Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview with contract recruiter representing the company. The person was not prepared and first ignored a previously scheduled interview and then re-scheduled after I sent an email about the originally scheduled interview. The interview was the most offensive I have encountered in my 30+ years work experience. I was told I may not be "modern" enough so beware if you are over 40 years of age. If you take a look at their website you will find most employees are much younger.

Interview Question – Explain something you have architectected and what did it look like?   View Answer

.NET Software Developer Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2012.

Interview Details – First contacted by internal recruitment agency staffed on site. Given advice by recruiters to wear a suit, and prompt interview. Two interviews followed. First was technical, second was a meeting with more of a manager.

The first interview was done by a typical Microsoft technical guy who asked relatively easy questions which gradually got a little more difficult until they were unanswerable. Second interview was with his boss, who had no real questions of me, but seemed to want me to tapdance or do something else to impress him or make him feel important. He had not even looked at my resume before I had arrived. I got dressed up, as requested, and took a day off from my current job to be there, but they were not prepared to interview me, and seemed relatively disinterested in the whole thing from the start. He had a surprisingly negative attitude about their business and seemed to expect me to have ideas on how to improve their processes, which is hard since their business is relatively new, and I have had no exposure to it.

I was cold contacted by their recruiters on LinkedIn, so I was not actively seeking a job, just somewhat curious about their environment. Sales people there are packed together in big rooms like sardines. I was told programmers have even less space. I was not told anything with regard to what they were looking for... I think they might have disliked me, personally, from the very beginning because there was not much conversation on their end. I'm a relatively large guy, and it might be that I would not have fit into their tiny spaces.

I usually do not perform well in interviews, I'm a software developer, and this was no exception. But I feel that these interviews were more like practice on their part (they also were not good communicators) and it was unlikely they were going to hire anyone at that time anyway.

Interview Question – Lots of off-putting statements by second interviewer like, "What do you got for me?" and "you got a thing for startups?"   View Answer

National Account Manager/Inside Sales Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview of about 10-15 minutes. Then in person interview with the same recruiter. That day also includes about 30 minutes of job shadowing and an interview with a manager. Then you get an offer letter to begin the training program. There is no drug test but there is a background check.

Interview Question – The manager asked, "why should I hire you? Why should I take that risk?" Other than that it was pretty much straightforward interviewing. No real curve balls but it does depend on who you interview with. It is a large company so it could be different.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. You get an offer for 35,000 base plus commission. The problem is that you have to hit a 16k book before you can get commission. That takes about 2-3 years. Also, once you get the commission you lose the base salary.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Accounts Receivable
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – The interview process was fast, easy & very unintimidating. I received a phone call after recruiters found my resume online. We chatted briefly before I was set up for an interview for later that week. I was greeted promptly and escorted to a meeting room where I met with HR, and the department manager. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and I was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I did sense that the group I was possibly joining wasn't very cohesive; that assumption was correct.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't any negotiating. Echo refused to give a salary range so I dug my heels in & refused to give a number as well during the interview. The offer was about what I expected with the possibility of bonuses.

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call for an interview about two weeks later. Had phone interview with recruiter that went very well, then had the second phone interview with a different recruiter the next week which also went very well. They said they wanted me to come interview at their office asap so I went there the next week feeling pretty confident. Had 1:1 interviews with two different sales rep managers both of which were very unprofessional. One of the managers didn't even ask questions related to the job I was applying for and barely kept eye contact with me. Very odd interview experience. Said they would call me first thing Monday, didn't hear back for 3 weeks.

Interview Question – What isn't on your resume that you would like to tell us about.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Echo Global Logistics Videos

Echo Global Logistics – Why Work for Us?

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded individuals with one common thread, an opportunity to jumpstart a career at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Echo Global Logistics interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Echo Global Logistics employees and interview candidates.