Echo Global Logistics Client Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2013.

First, I had a very brief phone conversation with a Recruiter who asked basic questions about my job search, background, future goals, strengths/weakness, failures and aptitude for a sales job. After that, I was asked into the branch office, (which is in Oldtown right by the mall) for a second interview with the same Recruiter who asked more difficult questions this time around. She put me on the spot a lot but at the same time I still felt extremely comfortable and overall the interview was very conversational. It seemed as though she was genuinely interested in the things I had to say (which was refreshing for a change compared to other companies) as well as making sure this job was the right fit for me. She was extremely knowledgeable about the company and the industry and I also enjoyed hearing about her background. Then I shadowed someone in the actual role I would be doing and met with a Senior Manager. That part was very quick, direct and to the point but he was also very enthusiastic about the industry, the company and his job/team and was very upfront and realistic about what to expect.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you were unmotivated to get something done and how did you get yourself back on track.   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a time you had to influence someones point of view or decision when they may have had differing viewpoints or been reluctant to hear.   Answer Question
  • How assertive would you consider yourself? Tell me about a time you were able to positively assert yourself in a difficult situation and led by example.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you where not satisfied (or a collegue/superviosr/professor) with your personal performance.   Answer Question
Quick chat with the CHR in Chicago, a fairly lengthly and time consuming backgroud check with criminal, education, past employers, compensation history. Then I was told over the phone I was going to be given an offer and the Recruiter tried to feel me out as to an acceptable range. She gave me examples of what she'd seen in the past from similar candidates and emphasized Echo's strenths over other companys and helped me weigh by options.

Other Interview Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Phone interview with recruiter at another one of the branches, met with Branch Manager in Hendersonville at a temporary office, final phone interview with HR Director, second final phone interview with VP Sales. Tone of all interviews were casual but still sort of difficult becasue they put you on the spot and you were not always sure what they were looking for in questions.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate your sales ability. What past experience proves you will be successful in this job? How do you deal with failure? What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question
    none really. you have a base/draw until you do well enough to get commission. good enough incentive for me!

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2013.

Overall a positive experience and seems like a great company to work for if you are hardworking, optimistic and energetic. I was emailed by a Recruiter for a phone interview and she set up an office visit at the end of the call. Second interview consisted of two panel type interviews. One was a little impersonal and the other was more casual, gave me a lot of high level information on the company and the position but also really drilled down on specific things on my resume and put me on the spot with some mental math problem solving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Referred by a friend to the company. Communication with Corporate Recruiter was off and on for a few months before setting up an official interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected or difficult questions. Questions regarding sales and experiences related to the job field were brought up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2014.

I was approached through a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, then I was asked to come in and meet with the Branch Manager, the Sales Managers, and shadow one of the branch's top reps.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what my plan of attack would be for rebuilding my book of business from scratch.   View Answer
    I told the Branch Manager that I wanted "x", he said he couldn't get that much approved, but that he would get me "y", and I told him I could live with that. Very painless. He appreciated my upfront style.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2013.

You meet with the branch manager initially, and he ask about your life, experience, what you expect from Echo. You then sit with one of the tenured reps to get a feel for the job. After that you sit with the rest of the managers in the office, and they ask for formal interview questions

Interview Questions
    • This job is a grind with many sales calls and late nights/early mornings needed to truly succeed.   View Answer
    Standard base, and there's a little wiggle room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2013.

Phone interviews before live interview

Smooth

Client Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2015.

This was one of those things that went bad from the beginning. Applied online through university career center. Phone interview. I was called much earlier than the scheduled time. Then I'm being interviewed for a different job than what I applied for and discussed during email exchanges. I don't think my resume was looked at before the call. Typical behavioral type questions. The person seemed like she could care less and sounded like she was reading from a script. I can see now from the reviews that this company is very disorganized. I wasn't surprised when I got the email saying they went with an other candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you? What is one thing you would say people misconceive about you? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in December 2014.

The hiring process was extremely easy. I submitted my resume at my university career fair, and I had a phone interview the following Monday. During the phone interview the recruiter outlined all the details of the job, and she was also able to answer all the questions that I had. My office interview was the best I have had so far. I was able to meet all of the branch management and also a top tenured Sales Rep. They also gave me the opportunity to do a job shadow, which lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straightforward, and very fair. All of the questions asked were tailored to someone who has just graduated college.So, I felt very comfortable and was able to provide good and honest answers.   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Applied online through the career services website and was contacted 2 weeks later by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone for about an hour and then she scheduled me for an in person interview. There I spoke with the recruiter, a manager and sat with the top representative for an hour watching her make calls and answer emails. Then I spoke with another manager after that. This was about 2 hours long. Then the next day I received a background check form. Once this cleared 10-14 days later I had my final phone interview with the VP in Chicago. A week after that I received an offer of 38,000 plus commission since I had previous sales positions which I took seeing that most get 35,000 starting.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What do you bring to ECHO that others do not?   Answer Question
    Typical grads get 35,000. I was able to obtain 38,000 due to my various internships which I gladly accepted. Great starting salary with commission on top of that. Typical first year reps earn in the 40s and second year reps are in the 50s. Great company.