Echo Global Logistics

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in December 2013.

Interview Details – At the career fair Echo found me, and boy did they want me...bad. I got emails, text messages, and phone calls inquiring when they could set up an interview with me. This was nice; it made me feel wanted and smart!!!

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 10 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money twice, and I met my manager in the middle.
I make $38,000, but since I make more money than other sales reps it will take me longer to hit commission!!

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details – If they don't offer you a job you must have really said something stupid.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation what so ever. If you don't like it they'll find someone else.

Inside Sales

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is kind of long--but stick with it. It is worth it. A recruiter will call you from Chicago and have a phone interview from you. (Sometimes the recruiters up there are streched a little thin, if they dont get back to you right away dont take it personally. I didnt hear from my recruiter for over a week and then found out I got my face to face and then was hired.) After that you will come in to the office for a face to face interview. You shadow a sales representative to learn about the job and then speak with both our manager and supervisor. Dont let anyone scare you away, all three of the managers in the Dallas branch are really down to Earth and easy to work for. After that you have an interview with HR and then could be offered the job.

Interview Question – I interviewed with our previous manager so I do not know what the current manager's interviewing questions are like.   Answer Question

Inside Sales

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2011.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview with the standard questions. Went in for a face to face with the branch manager and she was very easy to talk to but at the same time very honest of what she expected out of employees. Also did a 30 min job shadow with an employee and he was very helpful and honest on the pro and cons of the job. Really seems like a excellent place to work.

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2011.

Interview Details – Really short informal phone interview where I explained my background and was given some info on the company. Then I met with two recruiters in person. They asked me some tough questions, but it still felt very comfortable to be there. Then, I watched someone in the role I was interviewing and I got a better understanding of what exactly i would be doing and I could definiltey see myself in the role. After that I met with two VPs and they gave me some good info on the company as a whole. I wasnt really sure if they liked me, but I eneded up getting the position so I guess I did well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The salary wasn't negotiable since it was a base plus commission. You can pick a time frame when you want to start though. It seems like they try to push you towards one over another, but I really dont think if you show prefrence it will hurt your chances at an offer.

Inside Sales

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2011.

Interview Details – Found my resume online and contacted me about being interested in a possible position. Had a short 10 minute phone interview asking me questions about my experience in my resume and a little bit more of what the company did. At the conclusion of the phone interview they asked to set up a face to face interview. Went in and it was fairly normal with the review of my resume and why i wanted to be in sales. Then concluded with me asking any questions i had.

Interview Question – 3 strengths and 1 weaknesss   Answer Question

Inside Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2010.

Interview Details – They contacted me after my resume was seen on a website. Echo called to see if I was interested, which I was because I heard good things about the company. They asked if I could come in for the first interview and then at the end of the first interview they asked me to come back for a final interview a week later.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you will be successful in sales?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview. I was just asked basic behavioral based questions. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to other interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a leadership position you've held.   Answer Question

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!