Echo Global Logistics Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.0

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

I had a phone interview that seemed to go very well. The recruiter then scheduled an interview with a branch manager as well as a sales supervisor. Everything went very well. I finally had to make contact with the company to follow up. They sent a huge on boarding packet to me via email and there was a lot of scanning and returning thing to HQ in Chicago. All benefits and 401k plans are handled via online portals that are incredibly difficult to navigate.

Interview Questions

• Managers will try to trip you up in the interview to see how you handle pressure. You will say one thing and they will twist it slightly to see if you just let it slide or if you correct them to make sure your point was taken properly and validated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely try and negotiate. From my experience they will try to dupe you for as little money as possible, but you can easily get an extra $5,000 grand by negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Started with a referral from a friend, then a casual phone interview with an HR admin and keep you on the phone long enough to test your abilities on the phone, after that--they request a formal interview in the office with the branch manager. Tour the office and stick you with the best seller in the office to show you his day to day

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was referred to Echo by a current employee in Chicago and was contacted by a HR rep 2 days after submitting an application. I went through 3 phone interviews, the first two with the same HR rep and the final one with the hiring director; all were easy and straight forward. After that, I was invited to the Atlanta office where I did two 1:1 interviews, one with the hiring director I had spoken with earlier and the other with the office manager. The hiring director pretty much went through a slide show and I didnt really learn anything new since the slides repeated what I had learned on the phone. The office manager asked some basic questions and told me they would get back to me on Monday (it was Friday). After waiting a week and hearing nothing, it took 3 emails and 2 calls just to get a rejection email. Everything had gone well but it really put me off that I had to jump through so many hoops just to get an email from such an established company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a basic day at your last job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were knocked down and bounced back (asked in both 1:1 interviews).   Answer Question