Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Very relaxed - they want to make sure you are able to hold a normal conversation. It is not an easy job so they actually try to scare you away. They don't want anyone coming in who doesn't know what they'll be up against.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

First I met with a recruiter on campus and they followed up with a phone interview. The HR recruiter is educated and well-mannered but when I got to their Dallas office I got to see a different side of the company. The place was messy (i.e. trash cans overflowing, interviewing table had old food on it, kind of depressing sight in general), the sales managers who interviewed me were wearing wrinkled t-shirts, jeans, and had a general "disheveled" appearance about them. It seemed as though they were doing me the favor of interviewing me as it sounded like they were reading off of a script and payed no interest to my responses.

I'm glad I went to this interview because it will serve as good experience for a company I do NOT want to work for. I know I'm fresh out of college but I have more worth than working at Echo Global.

Client Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2015.

This was one of those things that went bad from the beginning. Applied online through university career center. Phone interview. I was called much earlier than the scheduled time. Then I'm being interviewed for a different job than what I applied for and discussed during email exchanges. I don't think my resume was looked at before the call. Typical behavioral type questions. The person seemed like she could care less and sounded like she was reading from a script. I can see now from the reviews that this company is very disorganized. I wasn't surprised when I got the email saying they went with an other candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you? What is one thing you would say people misconceive about you? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2015.

Applied online at their website. Got email from corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview. We talked on the phone for about 20 mins, it looked like she did not read my resume. Pretty standard questions from manual. Got an email two weeks later saying they chose someone else.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interviewing process was very easy. First there is the phone interview which is pretty basic and after that they'll invite you to one of their offices to shadow a current sales person for about a half hour. After the shadow, you'll be interviewed by someone in HR and in my interview I was asked questions more about my past and character. The second and last interview is when they ask a bit more complicated questions but nothing to dramatic.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2015.

The recruiter messed up the scheduling of the first phone interview, so while I was waiting for a phone call to come in, I got an email saying he messed up and needed to reschedule. I was annoyed, but was polite and we rescheduled. Again, the time came for the phone interview and I was left waiting. I got another email from the woman that would have conducted the interview herself rather than the recruiter. She apologized and said she was stuck in a meeting. We rescheduled for a third time and we finally conducted the interview.

There were pretty basic questions that were asked and I thought the interview actually went very well.

Client Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

I took two phone interviews before being invited into the Chicago office, both were pretty low pressure and more about my personality and career goals. Next I sat in with a current sales rep for about half an hour observing daily work, then interviewed with HR person for another half hour, and finally a client sales manager for about 40-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about why I wanted to work for them and in the transportation logistics industry, definitely helps to know lots about the company.   Answer Question

Sales Position- Dallas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Ask you all the basic strength and weakness questions, where do you see yourself in 10 years, why are you a good fit etc. You go through a recruiter who reads her questions off a paper and then you talk to the branch manager (who is awesome) and then you talk to some of the supervisors and they interview you together. After that I waited two weeks to receive a call from the recruiter asking me if I was still interested.

Interview Questions
    Asked for more money, they gave it to me.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in December 2014.

The hiring process was extremely easy. I submitted my resume at my university career fair, and I had a phone interview the following Monday. During the phone interview the recruiter outlined all the details of the job, and she was also able to answer all the questions that I had. My office interview was the best I have had so far. I was able to meet all of the branch management and also a top tenured Sales Rep. They also gave me the opportunity to do a job shadow, which lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straightforward, and very fair. All of the questions asked were tailored to someone who has just graduated college.So, I felt very comfortable and was able to provide good and honest answers.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

I had a phone interview that seemed to go very well. The recruiter then scheduled an interview with a branch manager as well as a sales supervisor. Everything went very well. I finally had to make contact with the company to follow up. They sent a huge on boarding packet to me via email and there was a lot of scanning and returning thing to HQ in Chicago. All benefits and 401k plans are handled via online portals that are incredibly difficult to navigate.

Interview Questions
    • Managers will try to trip you up in the interview to see how you handle pressure. You will say one thing and they will twist it slightly to see if you just let it slide or if you correct them to make sure your point was taken properly and validated.   Answer Question
    Definitely try and negotiate. From my experience they will try to dupe you for as little money as possible, but you can easily get an extra $5,000 grand by negotiating.