Echo Global Logistics

Getting the Interview

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Do you want to work in one of our other offices?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a counter offer from another company so I was able to negotiate 2,000 more annually.

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Recruiter a couple days after applying to the website and we set up a phone interview for a couple weeks later. The interview was very conversational. Went into the office and sat with a rep to get a better understanding of the position. The "final" phone interview with a senior manager in Chicago seemed like it was more of an informational call and they already knew they were extending me an offer by that point.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – The people are very friendly and it is overall an easy going experience; you job shadow someone for 30 mins right when you get in which is good because it takes away from sitting in a room waiting for people to come grill you with queastions.

After shadowing, 2-3 managers interview and it is very causal; they are more concerned with what questions you have for them rather than them asking you a million questions about your work history, schooling, etc.

Interview Question – If I were to tell you that this interview is going horrible for both you and I, what would you have to say for yoruself right now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was to their terms and conditions as far as the hours worked and salary goes

Client Sales Representative Interview

Client Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend to the company. Communication with Corporate Recruiter was off and on for a few months before setting up an official interview.

Interview Question – Not many unexpected or difficult questions. Questions regarding sales and experiences related to the job field were brought up.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. I had an initial phone conversation with the recruiter, and then came into the office where I sat with another Carrier Sales Rep for about 30 minutes. I then met with the woman in charge of training for the department who was very knowledgeable. I don’t know if she was actually listening to a word I said, but she was very engaged and focused on me, which was nice. She also mentioned that she did the job for almost four years so it was nice to be able to ask her questions about the specifics of the jobs that the original recruiter wasn’t aware of. She also gave an explanation and description of what the training process would entail, and one of the main things that drew me to accepting the offer was that after the classroom training (2 weeks) and the training with her (1 week) there was another period where we were doing the job and out of training, but part of a group run by her so we could learn more and make mistakes and learn about the business and the company. Finally I met with a guy who told me he was the Vice President of the department. He was friendly and was interested in my background, but I got the feeling he didn’t know much about the position itself. However since I met with him last, I already had a really good idea of what the position involved.

Interview Question – How would you react if I told you this interview was going horribly?   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2011.

Interview Details – First step: 10 minute HR phone screen, the classic "make sure s/he isn't a serial killer." Crisp and professional. They clearly do this every day. The 2nd step was a phone screen with the local sales manager. Again, she was thorough and professional. She asked me to make up a business and call her back the next day to pitch it at 10am. She did not break the 4th wall before, during, or after the pitch.

Interview Question – I was asked to create a business plan and call back to "sell" it in a 5 minute pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard comp package. Take it or leave it.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Client Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – 2-Step Interview Process:
Initial behavioral interview over the phone with HR (15-30 min)
In-person branch manager, manager, or panel interview (with an initial 30-45 min job shadow).
Very straightforward. The panel interview consists of the branch manager and the supervisors spending approx. 15 min. each asking you their own set of questions.

Interview Question – What attracts you most to Echo Global?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Once you get an offer of $35,000, negotiate to at least $38,000 if you have any past sales or transportation experience.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring team calls with a phone interview first and then sets up a face to face interview

Interview Question – Standard   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room to budge. Hiring team does not have ability to negotiate it

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Troy, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2011.

Interview Details – First interview over the phone with HR at HQ in Chicago. Second interview with branch manager in the Troy office. Third interview was with HR again in Chicago over the phone. They made me an offer and sent me an offer letter then called me two weeks later and said that they weren't going to offer me the job because they decided they weren't hiring. They then called me back a week later and said they would hire me. I was the black sheep in the process.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. It was a pretty normal conversation. You are being interviewed by people in their mid to late 20s with hardly any managerial experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever. Take it or leave it mentality.

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a recruiter(mostly ditzy cute girl asking about your resume. nice, but ditzy). 1-2 face-to-face interviews where you come in and shadow a rep for as long as it takes the way-too-busy single manager to get a chance to ask you a few questions.

Interview Question – Don't really remember too many of them specifically except for the usual "think about a time when you were in a position to go beyond the call of duty" type prompts. "What do you see being a challenge for you in this position?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, they offered $35, I wanted $40, we agreed on #38. That was the highest base salary in the entry level sales position in the branch.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Echo Global Logistics

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Echo Global Logistics Videos

Echo Global Logistics – Why Work for Us?

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded individuals with one common thread, an opportunity to jumpstart a career at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Echo Global Logistics interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by Echo Global Logistics employees and interview candidates.