Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2014.

The first time the company contacted me was via email to confirm a phone interview. The initial phone interview covered why I was interested in the company, the details of the position, my past experiences related to the position, salary/benefits, etc. I was asked back for a second interview which included a session where I shadowed a carrier sales rep followed by a face to face interview with one of the managers. This time we covered some of the same things as before, but in much more detail. Along with a few questions regarding how certain situations should be handled and where I plan to be in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best way to handle a situation in which you are unable to accommodate a customer's requests and/or needs?   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

3 phone interviews, 1 in person that lasted about 2 hours. First hour with one interviewer and the second with another, shadow employee during in person interview. Do your best to put your personality out there otherwise you won't go far. The

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2014.

First comes the phone interview, which I believe is the most important interview as it will determine whether you get invited to come to the office for an official interview. First you are asked questions of why you are interested in the position, what is your competitive background and what makes you stand out, basic questions for a phone interview. Once you explain your history and what makes you stand out the interviewer will decide weather or not to invite you back.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best candidate (more when they asked then the question itself, caught me a little off guard).   View Answer
    No negotiation, 35K + Commission.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2014.

I was approached through a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, then I was asked to come in and meet with the Branch Manager, the Sales Managers, and shadow one of the branch's top reps.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what my plan of attack would be for rebuilding my book of business from scratch.   View Answer
    I told the Branch Manager that I wanted "x", he said he couldn't get that much approved, but that he would get me "y", and I told him I could live with that. Very painless. He appreciated my upfront style.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2011.

First contact is an email to get in touch for a phone interview. They will find out if you WANT to work. They will not mention too many specifics of the job, however they are paid if you are hired, so backing out on your end will prompt them to tell you it's $35k benefits etc. They want to meet you in person. You will set up a time, which they will be late for. You will interview with 3+ people, from all different departments and in between they do this "nervous test stress" thing where they will leave you to sit in a conference room for 20-30 minutes while you wait for the next interviewer. Most of the interviewers seemingly don't care and will look through you as you speak. They will dismiss you and call you back for a 3rd interview with the offer on the table. You have 24 hours to accept. The offer is non-negotiable.

Interview Questions
    • A time that you lied to protect yourself or someone else.

I think we have all done that as kids or young adults, but still, admitting this fault is difficult and sets you up in a sense.
        View Answer
    There was none. I tried to negotiate, but they won't budge, no matter what your qualifications are etc.you start at the bottom.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter in about a week. I did a basic phone interview with the woman that contacted me first and it was pretty easy - she asked standard questions such as "why do you want to work in sales?" "tell me about a time you tried to complete a project and failed" etc. I then was asked to come into the office where I sat with a current rep for about 30 minutes, then interviewed with two people. The first woman was extremely friendly and enthusiastic, she appeared to love her job and the company. Talking to her was more of a conversation than an interview because she seemed very interested in my background, what I wanted for my own career and why I thought I could be a good fit there. She also seemed to be honest about what the job entailed which I appreciated because I would rather have all the facts to make a decision, and I also liked that she talked me through both the training program (2 weeks in a classroom and 1 week with her) and a "typical" day on the job. After her, I met with another man who I believe was one of the managers of the department. There was about a 5 minute lag in between the recruiter leaving and him coming in and I assume they were talking because he didn't stay long at all, just asked why I was interested in the job and when I could start and walked me out. I didn't get his contact information, but the first woman I met with gave me her business card and I emailed back and fourth with her a few times before accepting just to as a few follow up questions. She responded quickly and seemed excited to have me on the team. I was made an offer a few days later and accepted - I start in July and am very excited!

Interview Questions
    • What are three words your last boss would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in December 2013.

At the career fair Echo found me, and boy did they want me...bad. I got emails, text messages, and phone calls inquiring when they could set up an interview with me. This was nice; it made me feel wanted and smart!!!

Interview Questions
    I asked for more money twice, and I met my manager in the middle.
    I make $38,000, but since I make more money than other sales reps it will take me longer to hit commission!!

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

1st interview was with a recruiter of about 15 minutes asking simple questions like, "What are your career goals, Why did you choose your major/school, Why Echo, etc.?" Second interview process was come in to the intended branch. I met with the branch manager for about 15 minutes. The branch manager asked, "Why sales? And What I liked about Echo?" I was told about Echo and asked about 5 questions that were answered. The next process was job shadowing 2 reps. One was a Customer Sales Representative, the other was a Carrier Sales representative. Both representatives showed me a very quick glimpse of some duties they did and answered any questions I had. The overall job shadow process was about 20-25 minutes. Both employees said they loved working at Echo and really expanded on the culture. After job shadowing I met with the supervisors of both the customer and carrier sales representatives. Fairly easy questions, but some to trip up someone. The questions were like, "How do you handle success, How do you handle failure, How do you handle when get compliments on a project, How do you handle when don't, How have you been successful in sales in the past, Why would we want you, What do you know about the Logistics Industry?" After about 20 minutes of answering and asking questions I was thanked for coming and they said my recruiter would be in touch by the end of the week. One day later I got an email saying that they wanted me to complete the "Final Phone Interview" with a carrier sales manager in Chicago. Along with that email I was sent login information to complete a very basic background check. I completed it the same day to get the ball rolling. The final phone interview was completed by another employee other than the one I was scheduled to do with and pretty much it was just if I had any big questions about the job, and anything that wasn't answered at the Branch visit. This interview took about 10 minutes. I was thanked and told I would be contacted by the branch in the near future after background check came through. I didn't hear anything until the following week morning with an email saying they would be contacting me in the next few days. By the next day afternoon I was offered the job and agreed upon a price. It was a very smooth process and I am very excited to be starting my career at Echo.

Negotiated to $38,000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2014.

I had an interview last month to be a Carrier Sales Rep. First I spoke by phone to a recruiter in Chicago for 30 minutes. Then I went to their office in MId-Town to meet with the Carrier Sales Supervisor and Branch Manager and now I just had my interview with a Carrier Sales Manager in Chicago (by phone again).

Interview Questions
    • No really off the wall questions. Where do I see myself in 2 years? Why do I think I'd be great at sales? Can I motivate myself to make 100 calls a day?   Answer Question
    I asked for more money than offered but they said they only give more to those with experience. I was fine with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    I had a counter offer from another company so I was able to negotiate 2,000 more annually.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!