Echo Global Logistics

53 candidate interviews

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details – I had a phone interview that was terrible. The lady who gave me the interview was just so unwelcoming and unexcited. You could literally tell she was reading every question off a sheet of paper and would keep saying, "good, ok. great" after every answer. She doesn't make me want to work for them. Bad first impression.

Interview Question – Why sales?   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Logistics Sales Trainee

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details – Was contacted via email and set up an initial phone interview. HR employee never contacted me and was forced to email them requesting a second interview time. An interview time as set up and was failed to be contacted again.

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Logistics Sales Trainee

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – The initial process involved two phone interviews, one from the HR rep in the corporate office and one from the HR rep in the regional office where I was applying to work. Each phone interview consisted of basic behavioral based questions and I also had to walk them through my resume. They lasted about 15 minutes each.

Interview Question – Name the hardest part about your previous sales job   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Carrier Sales Representative

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details – 1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you qualify for the position

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions with nothing out of the ordinary just be yourself   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details – If they don't offer you a job you must have really said something stupid.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation what so ever. If you don't like it they'll find someone else.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Client Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – 2-Step Interview Process:
Initial behavioral interview over the phone with HR (15-30 min)
In-person branch manager, manager, or panel interview (with an initial 30-45 min job shadow).
Very straightforward. The panel interview consists of the branch manager and the supervisors spending approx. 15 min. each asking you their own set of questions.

Interview Question – What attracts you most to Echo Global?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Once you get an offer of $35,000, negotiate to at least $38,000 if you have any past sales or transportation experience.

Team Lead Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – four rounds interview, two phone calls and two face-to-face. Fairly easy. The only one I did not prepare at all.

Interview Question – none. at least 90% of my answers were correct.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not as high as I expected.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Troy, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2011.

Interview Details – First interview over the phone with HR at HQ in Chicago. Second interview with branch manager in the Troy office. Third interview was with HR again in Chicago over the phone. They made me an offer and sent me an offer letter then called me two weeks later and said that they weren't going to offer me the job because they decided they weren't hiring. They then called me back a week later and said they would hire me. I was the black sheep in the process.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. It was a pretty normal conversation. You are being interviewed by people in their mid to late 20s with hardly any managerial experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever. Take it or leave it mentality.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring team calls with a phone interview first and then sets up a face to face interview

Interview Question – Standard   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room to budge. Hiring team does not have ability to negotiate it

Client Sales Representative Interview

Client Sales Representative
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter through email, telephone interview scheduled. Typical phone interview, discussing background and experience. Contacted a few days later by email to schedule a personal interview with branch manager. It first started with me discussing my background, education, and experience, but then turned more into an information session by the interviewer on the industry and company with few specific questions to me about my experience, skills, or ability to perform the job. I should have taken this as a red flag that he wasn't interested in me, but felt positive when he then had me shadow a sales rep for about an hour. I met every employee in the building, all of which appeared to be well under the age of 30, including the manager. Since I am about 20 years older than everyone in the building, I got the feeling that my age was going to an issue. This suspicion was somewhat validated when the manager came out of his office and quickly escorted me out with little further discussion. I had suspected he was on the phone with the hiring manager in Chicago while I was shadowing the sales rep. His tone had changed and all he told me was that the recruiter would be in touch the following week. I waited until the end of the following week and then emailed the recruiter asking for an update. A few hours later I got the canned rejection form letter email stating that they "decided to pursue other candidates whose credentials better fit their needs". I know that their interview process also consists of phone interviews with the hiring manager and the VP of sales after the first personal interview. I never got that chance, and I don't believe it had anything to do with my credentials, which includes 14 years of sales and sales management experience, well more than the recent college grads that they seek. If you do your research on this company, you will see that they boast on the fact that they are a young, Gen Y environment. Try and find an over 40 person, or even over 30, in any of their office party and group photos. The recruiter should have been aware of my approximate age by the work history on my resume and not even had contacted me in the first place if I didn't fit their mold. I find it humiliating and disrespectful to have prepared so hard for that interview and not have been given a fair chance for the job by getting a proper interview and the opportunity for further interviews. I asked the recruiter by email for an explanation of what was lacking in my credentials according to the rejection letter, but got no response. I can't prove that I was rejected for my age, but I also don't believe it had anything to do with my credentials in the sense of sales experience, education, and record of success. Not compared to the 20 somethings that they obviously prefer to hire, anyways.

Interview Question – None really, interviewer did most of the talking and didn't ask me much   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Echo Global Logistics

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Echo Global Logistics Videos

Echo Global Logistics – Why Work for Us?

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded individuals with one common thread, an opportunity to jumpstart a career at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Echo Global Logistics interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by Echo Global Logistics employees and interview candidates.