Echo Global Logistics

2.6

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2015.

The recruiter messed up the scheduling of the first phone interview, so while I was waiting for a phone call to come in, I got an email saying he messed up and needed to reschedule. I was annoyed, but was polite and we rescheduled. Again, the time came for the phone interview and I was left waiting. I got another email from the woman that would have conducted the interview herself rather than the recruiter. She apologized and said she was stuck in a meeting. We rescheduled for a third time and we finally conducted the interview.

There were pretty basic questions that were asked and I thought the interview actually went very well.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interviewing process was very easy. First there is the phone interview which is pretty basic and after that they'll invite you to one of their offices to shadow a current sales person for about a half hour. After the shadow, you'll be interviewed by someone in HR and in my interview I was asked questions more about my past and character. The second and last interview is when they ask a bit more complicated questions but nothing to dramatic.

Client Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

I took two phone interviews before being invited into the Chicago office, both were pretty low pressure and more about my personality and career goals. Next I sat in with a current sales rep for about half an hour observing daily work, then interviewed with HR person for another half hour, and finally a client sales manager for about 40-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about why I wanted to work for them and in the transportation logistics industry, definitely helps to know lots about the company.   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in December 2014.

The hiring process was extremely easy. I submitted my resume at my university career fair, and I had a phone interview the following Monday. During the phone interview the recruiter outlined all the details of the job, and she was also able to answer all the questions that I had. My office interview was the best I have had so far. I was able to meet all of the branch management and also a top tenured Sales Rep. They also gave me the opportunity to do a job shadow, which lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straightforward, and very fair. All of the questions asked were tailored to someone who has just graduated college.So, I felt very comfortable and was able to provide good and honest answers.   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2013.

You meet with the branch manager initially, and he ask about your life, experience, what you expect from Echo. You then sit with one of the tenured reps to get a feel for the job. After that you sit with the rest of the managers in the office, and they ask for formal interview questions

Interview Questions
    • This job is a grind with many sales calls and late nights/early mornings needed to truly succeed.   View Answer
    Standard base, and there's a little wiggle room to negotiate.

Sales Position- Dallas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Ask you all the basic strength and weakness questions, where do you see yourself in 10 years, why are you a good fit etc. You go through a recruiter who reads her questions off a paper and then you talk to the branch manager (who is awesome) and then you talk to some of the supervisors and they interview you together. After that I waited two weeks to receive a call from the recruiter asking me if I was still interested.

Interview Questions
    Asked for more money, they gave it to me.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

I had a phone interview that seemed to go very well. The recruiter then scheduled an interview with a branch manager as well as a sales supervisor. Everything went very well. I finally had to make contact with the company to follow up. They sent a huge on boarding packet to me via email and there was a lot of scanning and returning thing to HQ in Chicago. All benefits and 401k plans are handled via online portals that are incredibly difficult to navigate.

Interview Questions
    • Managers will try to trip you up in the interview to see how you handle pressure. You will say one thing and they will twist it slightly to see if you just let it slide or if you correct them to make sure your point was taken properly and validated.   Answer Question
    Definitely try and negotiate. From my experience they will try to dupe you for as little money as possible, but you can easily get an extra $5,000 grand by negotiating.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2010.

Had 3 interviews and meet different people each day. I was asked about my background and experience. The different people that i met asked me just about the same questions.

Interview Questions
    They tell you what you will be making and ask you if it's okay

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

It was very easy. I applied via my OCRC(On campus recruiting center). I received a call from an employer who was interested in me working for her. It started with a basic phone interview, then a in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to test how a vending machine works before sending it out to production, how would you test it.   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2014.

The first time the company contacted me was via email to confirm a phone interview. The initial phone interview covered why I was interested in the company, the details of the position, my past experiences related to the position, salary/benefits, etc. I was asked back for a second interview which included a session where I shadowed a carrier sales rep followed by a face to face interview with one of the managers. This time we covered some of the same things as before, but in much more detail. Along with a few questions regarding how certain situations should be handled and where I plan to be in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best way to handle a situation in which you are unable to accommodate a customer's requests and/or needs?   Answer Question