Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. I was just asked basic behavioral based questions. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to other interviews.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was referred to Echo by a current employee in Chicago and was contacted by a HR rep 2 days after submitting an application. I went through 3 phone interviews, the first two with the same HR rep and the final one with the hiring director; all were easy and straight forward. After that, I was invited to the Atlanta office where I did two 1:1 interviews, one with the hiring director I had spoken with earlier and the other with the office manager. The hiring director pretty much went through a slide show and I didnt really learn anything new since the slides repeated what I had learned on the phone. The office manager asked some basic questions and told me they would get back to me on Monday (it was Friday). After waiting a week and hearing nothing, it took 3 emails and 2 calls just to get a rejection email. Everything had gone well but it really put me off that I had to jump through so many hoops just to get an email from such an established company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a basic day at your last job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were knocked down and bounced back (asked in both 1:1 interviews).   Answer Question

Trucking Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

What they did was call me at first, we had a little phone interview of what my background was like and what sales experience that I had. After that I just ran the interview as a whole. She loved it. Then I got offered a interview to come in. Met with the same lady, got called in again and met with two other head of sales guys.

Freight Broker - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I was contacted about their inside sales position. I had not applied for the job, but they contacted me because they saw my resume on one of the job boards. Fair enough, but during the initial phone interview it seemed like the person on the other end of the phone was much less concerned with what I said and more intent on qualifying me as a candidate. I asked some questions and received only ambiguous answers. I can understand if it was an HR rep and they didn't know specifics of the position, but it seemed like I was wasting her time with my questions. Well I ended up getting another interview and put the odd phone call behind me. At the next interview, the lady interviewing me was quite nice and respectful. I was taken on a quick tour of the facilities on the way to the interviewing room. The questions asked weren't all that difficult, and seemed more for me to understand the job than for them to understand me. Next a manager came in and interviewed me along with the HR lady. He asked more of the same questions, with only a few pertinent to the position and the industry I was there for. Everything lasted probably 2 hours and I never really had to think hard about an answer. I received a phone call a little over a week later and was told I was out of the running. They said they were looking for someone with more Account Management experience. I was never asked about handling accounts during the interview, the closest thing were some sales approach questions. I don't know if the interview was an intricate psychological test, but I felt a bit short changed given the reason they gave me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult client and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Computer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

Met with the CTO, H.R. rep, and 2 technical managers. They present you with every relevant question you should expect, focusing on their current problems/challenges and how you would fix them. They don't delve too far into a question, so speak up if you think they're assuming things. Very modern office, young staff.

Interview Questions

• What would you do your first day here? What challenges would you tackle first?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in June 2010.

Interview

The interview went very well on my part, or I thought it did. The only part that was not appealing was that the girl was very distracted or it was her 100th interview of the day. She stumbled on the "script" and was not able to answer the questions that I asked. I am still confused why companies hire recruiters that do not know anything about the business world to hire for their company. I would love to know how many qualified candidates are passed on daily.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2010.

Interview

They contacted me after my resume was seen on a website. Echo called to see if I was interested, which I was because I heard good things about the company. They asked if I could come in for the first interview and then at the end of the first interview they asked me to come back for a final interview a week later.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2011.

Interview

Found my resume online and contacted me about being interested in a possible position. Had a short 10 minute phone interview asking me questions about my experience in my resume and a little bit more of what the company did. At the conclusion of the phone interview they asked to set up a face to face interview. Went in and it was fairly normal with the review of my resume and why i wanted to be in sales. Then concluded with me asking any questions i had.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with three people and was only asked about resume and why interested in the program. Seemed like a great opportunity and got a better feel for company and work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Really short informal phone interview where I explained my background and was given some info on the company. Then I met with two recruiters in person. They asked me some tough questions, but it still felt very comfortable to be there. Then, I watched someone in the role I was interviewing and I got a better understanding of what exactly i would be doing and I could definiltey see myself in the role. After that I met with two VPs and they gave me some good info on the company as a whole. I wasnt really sure if they liked me, but I eneded up getting the position so I guess I did well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary wasn't negotiable since it was a base plus commission. You can pick a time frame when you want to start though. It seems like they try to push you towards one over another, but I really dont think if you show prefrence it will hurt your chances at an offer.