Echo Global Logistics

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – 2-Step Interview Process:
Initial behavioral interview over the phone with HR (15-30 min)
In-person branch manager, manager, or panel interview (with an initial 30-45 min job shadow).
Very straightforward. The panel interview consists of the branch manager and the supervisors spending approx. 15 min. each asking you their own set of questions.

Interview Question – What attracts you most to Echo Global?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Once you get an offer of $35,000, negotiate to at least $38,000 if you have any past sales or transportation experience.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring team calls with a phone interview first and then sets up a face to face interview

Interview Question – Standard   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room to budge. Hiring team does not have ability to negotiate it

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Troy, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2011.

Interview Details – First interview over the phone with HR at HQ in Chicago. Second interview with branch manager in the Troy office. Third interview was with HR again in Chicago over the phone. They made me an offer and sent me an offer letter then called me two weeks later and said that they weren't going to offer me the job because they decided they weren't hiring. They then called me back a week later and said they would hire me. I was the black sheep in the process.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. It was a pretty normal conversation. You are being interviewed by people in their mid to late 20s with hardly any managerial experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever. Take it or leave it mentality.

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a recruiter(mostly ditzy cute girl asking about your resume. nice, but ditzy). 1-2 face-to-face interviews where you come in and shadow a rep for as long as it takes the way-too-busy single manager to get a chance to ask you a few questions.

Interview Question – Don't really remember too many of them specifically except for the usual "think about a time when you were in a position to go beyond the call of duty" type prompts. "What do you see being a challenge for you in this position?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, they offered $35, I wanted $40, we agreed on #38. That was the highest base salary in the entry level sales position in the branch.

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter through email, telephone interview scheduled. Typical phone interview, discussing background and experience. Contacted a few days later by email to schedule a personal interview with branch manager. It first started with me discussing my background, education, and experience, but then turned more into an information session by the interviewer on the industry and company with few specific questions to me about my experience, skills, or ability to perform the job. I should have taken this as a red flag that he wasn't interested in me, but felt positive when he then had me shadow a sales rep for about an hour. I met every employee in the building, all of which appeared to be well under the age of 30, including the manager. Since I am about 20 years older than everyone in the building, I got the feeling that my age was going to an issue. This suspicion was somewhat validated when the manager came out of his office and quickly escorted me out with little further discussion. I had suspected he was on the phone with the hiring manager in Chicago while I was shadowing the sales rep. His tone had changed and all he told me was that the recruiter would be in touch the following week. I waited until the end of the following week and then emailed the recruiter asking for an update. A few hours later I got the canned rejection form letter email stating that they "decided to pursue other candidates whose credentials better fit their needs". I know that their interview process also consists of phone interviews with the hiring manager and the VP of sales after the first personal interview. I never got that chance, and I don't believe it had anything to do with my credentials, which includes 14 years of sales and sales management experience, well more than the recent college grads that they seek. If you do your research on this company, you will see that they boast on the fact that they are a young, Gen Y environment. Try and find an over 40 person, or even over 30, in any of their office party and group photos. The recruiter should have been aware of my approximate age by the work history on my resume and not even had contacted me in the first place if I didn't fit their mold. I find it humiliating and disrespectful to have prepared so hard for that interview and not have been given a fair chance for the job by getting a proper interview and the opportunity for further interviews. I asked the recruiter by email for an explanation of what was lacking in my credentials according to the rejection letter, but got no response. I can't prove that I was rejected for my age, but I also don't believe it had anything to do with my credentials in the sense of sales experience, education, and record of success. Not compared to the 20 somethings that they obviously prefer to hire, anyways.

Interview Question – None really, interviewer did most of the talking and didn't ask me much   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Logistics Sales Representative
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – phone interview then two sets of manager interviews and shadows at the office then two final phone interviews with VPs at the Chicago Headquarters. The process was rather lengthy but you can tell they want to make sure you are vetted and also that you know what is expected and want to be a part of the company.

Interview Question – Pretty standard give me an example of a time when...   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter at another one of the branches, met with Branch Manager in Hendersonville at a temporary office, final phone interview with HR Director, second final phone interview with VP Sales. Tone of all interviews were casual but still sort of difficult becasue they put you on the spot and you were not always sure what they were looking for in questions.

Interview Question – Demonstrate your sales ability. What past experience proves you will be successful in this job? How do you deal with failure? What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none really. you have a base/draw until you do well enough to get commission. good enough incentive for me!

Enterprise Architect Interview

Enterprise Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview with contract recruiter representing the company. The person was not prepared and first ignored a previously scheduled interview and then re-scheduled after I sent an email about the originally scheduled interview. The interview was the most offensive I have encountered in my 30+ years work experience. I was told I may not be "modern" enough so beware if you are over 40 years of age. If you take a look at their website you will find most employees are much younger.

Interview Question – Explain something you have architectected and what did it look like?   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interviews before live interview

Interview Question – 5 year goal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smooth

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details – I had a phone interview that was terrible. The lady who gave me the interview was just so unwelcoming and unexcited. You could literally tell she was reading every question off a sheet of paper and would keep saying, "good, ok. great" after every answer. She doesn't make me want to work for them. Bad first impression.

Interview Question – Why sales?   Answer Question