Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

The people are very friendly and it is overall an easy going experience; you job shadow someone for 30 mins right when you get in which is good because it takes away from sitting in a room waiting for people to come grill you with queastions.

After shadowing, 2-3 managers interview and it is very causal; they are more concerned with what questions you have for them rather than them asking you a million questions about your work history, schooling, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to tell you that this interview is going horrible for both you and I, what would you have to say for yoruself right now?   View Answer
    It was to their terms and conditions as far as the hours worked and salary goes

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

2-Step Interview Process:
    Initial behavioral interview over the phone with HR (15-30 min)
    In-person branch manager, manager, or panel interview (with an initial 30-45 min job shadow).
    Very straightforward. The panel interview consists of the branch manager and the supervisors spending approx. 15 min. each asking you their own set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What attracts you most to Echo Global?   View Answer
    Once you get an offer of $35,000, negotiate to at least $38,000 if you have any past sales or transportation experience.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Phone interview with a recruiter(mostly ditzy cute girl asking about your resume. nice, but ditzy). 1-2 face-to-face interviews where you come in and shadow a rep for as long as it takes the way-too-busy single manager to get a chance to ask you a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't really remember too many of them specifically except for the usual "think about a time when you were in a position to go beyond the call of duty" type prompts. "What do you see being a challenge for you in this position?"   View Answer
    Easy, they offered $35, I wanted $40, we agreed on #38. That was the highest base salary in the entry level sales position in the branch.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in December 2013.

At the career fair Echo found me, and boy did they want me...bad. I got emails, text messages, and phone calls inquiring when they could set up an interview with me. This was nice; it made me feel wanted and smart!!!

Interview Questions
    I asked for more money twice, and I met my manager in the middle.
    I make $38,000, but since I make more money than other sales reps it will take me longer to hit commission!!

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

phone interview then two sets of manager interviews and shadows at the office then two final phone interviews with VPs at the Chicago Headquarters. The process was rather lengthy but you can tell they want to make sure you are vetted and also that you know what is expected and want to be a part of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    I had a counter offer from another company so I was able to negotiate 2,000 more annually.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Contacted by recruiter through email, telephone interview scheduled. Typical phone interview, discussing background and experience. Contacted a few days later by email to schedule a personal interview with branch manager. It first started with me discussing my background, education, and experience, but then turned more into an information session by the interviewer on the industry and company with few specific questions to me about my experience, skills, or ability to perform the job. I should have taken this as a red flag that he wasn't interested in me, but felt positive when he then had me shadow a sales rep for about an hour. I met every employee in the building, all of which appeared to be well under the age of 30, including the manager. Since I am about 20 years older than everyone in the building, I got the feeling that my age was going to an issue. This suspicion was somewhat validated when the manager came out of his office and quickly escorted me out with little further discussion. I had suspected he was on the phone with the hiring manager in Chicago while I was shadowing the sales rep. His tone had changed and all he told me was that the recruiter would be in touch the following week. I waited until the end of the following week and then emailed the recruiter asking for an update. A few hours later I got the canned rejection form letter email stating that they "decided to pursue other candidates whose credentials better fit their needs". I know that their interview process also consists of phone interviews with the hiring manager and the VP of sales after the first personal interview. I never got that chance, and I don't believe it had anything to do with my credentials, which includes 14 years of sales and sales management experience, well more than the recent college grads that they seek. If you do your research on this company, you will see that they boast on the fact that they are a young, Gen Y environment. Try and find an over 40 person, or even over 30, in any of their office party and group photos. The recruiter should have been aware of my approximate age by the work history on my resume and not even had contacted me in the first place if I didn't fit their mold. I find it humiliating and disrespectful to have prepared so hard for that interview and not have been given a fair chance for the job by getting a proper interview and the opportunity for further interviews. I asked the recruiter by email for an explanation of what was lacking in my credentials according to the rejection letter, but got no response. I can't prove that I was rejected for my age, but I also don't believe it had anything to do with my credentials in the sense of sales experience, education, and record of success. Not compared to the 20 somethings that they obviously prefer to hire, anyways.

Interview Questions
    • None really, interviewer did most of the talking and didn't ask me much   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

I had a phone interview that was terrible. The lady who gave me the interview was just so unwelcoming and unexcited. You could literally tell she was reading every question off a sheet of paper and would keep saying, "good, ok. great" after every answer. She doesn't make me want to work for them. Bad first impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

I was contacted by a Recruiter a couple days after applying to the website and we set up a phone interview for a couple weeks later. The interview was very conversational. Went into the office and sat with a rep to get a better understanding of the position. The "final" phone interview with a senior manager in Chicago seemed like it was more of an informational call and they already knew they were extending me an offer by that point.

None

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

Telephone Interview with contract recruiter representing the company. The person was not prepared and first ignored a previously scheduled interview and then re-scheduled after I sent an email about the originally scheduled interview. The interview was the most offensive I have encountered in my 30+ years work experience. I was told I may not be "modern" enough so beware if you are over 40 years of age. If you take a look at their website you will find most employees are much younger.

Interview Questions
    • Explain something you have architectected and what did it look like?   View Answer