Echo Global Logistics

53 candidate interviews

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2011.

Interview Details – First step: 10 minute HR phone screen, the classic "make sure s/he isn't a serial killer." Crisp and professional. They clearly do this every day. The 2nd step was a phone screen with the local sales manager. Again, she was thorough and professional. She asked me to make up a business and call her back the next day to pitch it at 10am. She did not break the 4th wall before, during, or after the pitch.

Interview Question – I was asked to create a business plan and call back to "sell" it in a 5 minute pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard comp package. Take it or leave it.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Carrier Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. I had an initial phone conversation with the recruiter, and then came into the office where I sat with another Carrier Sales Rep for about 30 minutes. I then met with the woman in charge of training for the department who was very knowledgeable. I don’t know if she was actually listening to a word I said, but she was very engaged and focused on me, which was nice. She also mentioned that she did the job for almost four years so it was nice to be able to ask her questions about the specifics of the jobs that the original recruiter wasn’t aware of. She also gave an explanation and description of what the training process would entail, and one of the main things that drew me to accepting the offer was that after the classroom training (2 weeks) and the training with her (1 week) there was another period where we were doing the job and out of training, but part of a group run by her so we could learn more and make mistakes and learn about the business and the company. Finally I met with a guy who told me he was the Vice President of the department. He was friendly and was interested in my background, but I got the feeling he didn’t know much about the position itself. However since I met with him last, I already had a really good idea of what the position involved.

Interview Question – How would you react if I told you this interview was going horribly?   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Client Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend to the company. Communication with Corporate Recruiter was off and on for a few months before setting up an official interview.

Interview Question – Not many unexpected or difficult questions. Questions regarding sales and experiences related to the job field were brought up.   Answer Question

National Account Manager/Inside Sales Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview of about 10-15 minutes. Then in person interview with the same recruiter. That day also includes about 30 minutes of job shadowing and an interview with a manager. Then you get an offer letter to begin the training program. There is no drug test but there is a background check.

Interview Question – The manager asked, "why should I hire you? Why should I take that risk?" Other than that it was pretty much straightforward interviewing. No real curve balls but it does depend on who you interview with. It is a large company so it could be different.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. You get an offer for 35,000 base plus commission. The problem is that you have to hit a 16k book before you can get commission. That takes about 2-3 years. Also, once you get the commission you lose the base salary.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Carrier Sales Representative
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Recruiter a couple days after applying to the website and we set up a phone interview for a couple weeks later. The interview was very conversational. Went into the office and sat with a rep to get a better understanding of the position. The "final" phone interview with a senior manager in Chicago seemed like it was more of an informational call and they already knew they were extending me an offer by that point.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Account Executive Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2011.

Interview Details – My interview process sort of took a long time due their offices in Chicago and me living in Ohio. First was a phone interview. Then it was a one on one interview at their offices. Finally, there was a final interview with the director of sales. That was the hardest part of the interview process. There were some curve ball type questions to throw me off.

The place had a very professional atmosphere and was full of people making cold calls.

Interview Question – What are the three best inventions of all time?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by an internal employee to the position. I was an external candidate with a background of financial service internships. The role was very interesting and there were a lot of candidates. Like all companies should, they decided to hire an internal candidate who was more familiar with their business model and could hit the ground running. Overall, it was a great experience and I wish I could have joined the company.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straight forward. They focused on more fit questions to see if I would meld well within the group.   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2012.

Interview Details – I came across Echo Global at a college career fair, and it seemed like a young, fun place to start my career, so I emailed the recruiter I met at the fair and received an email to set up a phone interview a few days later.

Phone interview consisted of "typical" interview questions such as "Why our company?" and "What are three characteristics you think it takes to be successful in sales?"

I received an email a few days later inviting me in for a one on one interview in the Chicago office. I was interviewed by two employees, one after the other, and then shadowed an employee for about 15 minutes. The second employee who interviewed me fired one question after the other and seemed to give little consideration to my answers, which threw me off a bit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to think on your feet   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

Interview Details – Had two quick phone interviews with two different people which were fine.Then came in for an in person interview and to shadow one of the account managers. Shadowing the account manager was fine, he seemed pretty cool but what he was doing seemed so boring and monotonous - basically just tracking packages and reporting to businesses where their shipments were.The manager that interviewed me asked me typical questions "why should we choose you?", "where do you see yourself in five years", "how do you deal with frustration", etc. He came off as a really cynical jerk.

Interview Question – How will you deal with rejection?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – There's not much thought or anything interesting in this position. You have to make about 100 cold calls a day to find any small business that wants "cheaper shipping". You have to cold call for about a year to build a customer base. This is not where I want to waste my hard earned degree on.

Entry Level Sales Interview

Troy, MI

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview process. 2 phone interviews than a final on-site interview.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you over other more experienced canidates?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Echo Global Logistics