Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

Interview

3 phone interviews, 1 in person that lasted about 2 hours. First hour with one interviewer and the second with another, shadow employee during in person interview. Do your best to put your personality out there otherwise you won't go far. The

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I had an interview last month to be a Carrier Sales Rep. First I spoke by phone to a recruiter in Chicago for 30 minutes. Then I went to their office in MId-Town to meet with the Carrier Sales Supervisor and Branch Manager and now I just had my interview with a Carrier Sales Manager in Chicago (by phone again).

Interview Questions

• No really off the wall questions. Where do I see myself in 2 years? Why do I think I'd be great at sales? Can I motivate myself to make 100 calls a day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more money than offered but they said they only give more to those with experience. I was fine with it.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

Interview

1st interview was with a recruiter of about 15 minutes asking simple questions like, "What are your career goals, Why did you choose your major/school, Why Echo, etc.?" Second interview process was come in to the intended branch. I met with the branch manager for about 15 minutes. The branch manager asked, "Why sales? And What I liked about Echo?" I was told about Echo and asked about 5 questions that were answered. The next process was job shadowing 2 reps. One was a Customer Sales Representative, the other was a Carrier Sales representative. Both representatives showed me a very quick glimpse of some duties they did and answered any questions I had. The overall job shadow process was about 20-25 minutes. Both employees said they loved working at Echo and really expanded on the culture. After job shadowing I met with the supervisors of both the customer and carrier sales representatives. Fairly easy questions, but some to trip up someone. The questions were like, "How do you handle success, How do you handle failure, How do you handle when get compliments on a project, How do you handle when don't, How have you been successful in sales in the past, Why would we want you, What do you know about the Logistics Industry?" After about 20 minutes of answering and asking questions I was thanked for coming and they said my recruiter would be in touch by the end of the week. One day later I got an email saying that they wanted me to complete the "Final Phone Interview" with a carrier sales manager in Chicago. Along with that email I was sent login information to complete a very basic background check. I completed it the same day to get the ball rolling. The final phone interview was completed by another employee other than the one I was scheduled to do with and pretty much it was just if I had any big questions about the job, and anything that wasn't answered at the Branch visit. This interview took about 10 minutes. I was thanked and told I would be contacted by the branch in the near future after background check came through. I didn't hear anything until the following week morning with an email saying they would be contacting me in the next few days. By the next day afternoon I was offered the job and agreed upon a price. It was a very smooth process and I am very excited to be starting my career at Echo.

Negotiation

Negotiated to $38,000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter in about a week. I did a basic phone interview with the woman that contacted me first and it was pretty easy - she asked standard questions such as "why do you want to work in sales?" "tell me about a time you tried to complete a project and failed" etc. I then was asked to come into the office where I sat with a current rep for about 30 minutes, then interviewed with two people. The first woman was extremely friendly and enthusiastic, she appeared to love her job and the company. Talking to her was more of a conversation than an interview because she seemed very interested in my background, what I wanted for my own career and why I thought I could be a good fit there. She also seemed to be honest about what the job entailed which I appreciated because I would rather have all the facts to make a decision, and I also liked that she talked me through both the training program (2 weeks in a classroom and 1 week with her) and a "typical" day on the job. After her, I met with another man who I believe was one of the managers of the department. There was about a 5 minute lag in between the recruiter leaving and him coming in and I assume they were talking because he didn't stay long at all, just asked why I was interested in the job and when I could start and walked me out. I didn't get his contact information, but the first woman I met with gave me her business card and I emailed back and fourth with her a few times before accepting just to as a few follow up questions. She responded quickly and seemed excited to have me on the team. I was made an offer a few days later and accepted - I start in July and am very excited!

Interview Questions

• What are three words your last boss would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

First contact is an email to get in touch for a phone interview. They will find out if you WANT to work. They will not mention too many specifics of the job, however they are paid if you are hired, so backing out on your end will prompt them to tell you it's $35k benefits etc. They want to meet you in person. You will set up a time, which they will be late for. You will interview with 3+ people, from all different departments and in between they do this "nervous test stress" thing where they will leave you to sit in a conference room for 20-30 minutes while you wait for the next interviewer. Most of the interviewers seemingly don't care and will look through you as you speak. They will dismiss you and call you back for a 3rd interview with the offer on the table. You have 24 hours to accept. The offer is non-negotiable.

Interview Questions

• A time that you lied to protect yourself or someone else. I think we have all done that as kids or young adults, but still, admitting this fault is difficult and sets you up in a sense.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I tried to negotiate, but they won't budge, no matter what your qualifications are etc.you start at the bottom.

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

phone interview then two sets of manager interviews and shadows at the office then two final phone interviews with VPs at the Chicago Headquarters. The process was rather lengthy but you can tell they want to make sure you are vetted and also that you know what is expected and want to be a part of the company.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

I had a phone interview that seemed to go very well. The recruiter then scheduled an interview with a branch manager as well as a sales supervisor. Everything went very well. I finally had to make contact with the company to follow up. They sent a huge on boarding packet to me via email and there was a lot of scanning and returning thing to HQ in Chicago. All benefits and 401k plans are handled via online portals that are incredibly difficult to navigate.

Interview Questions

• Managers will try to trip you up in the interview to see how you handle pressure. You will say one thing and they will twist it slightly to see if you just let it slide or if you correct them to make sure your point was taken properly and validated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely try and negotiate. From my experience they will try to dupe you for as little money as possible, but you can easily get an extra $5,000 grand by negotiating.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Overall a positive experience and seems like a great company to work for if you are hardworking, optimistic and energetic. I was emailed by a Recruiter for a phone interview and she set up an office visit at the end of the call. Second interview consisted of two panel type interviews. One was a little impersonal and the other was more casual, gave me a lot of high level information on the company and the position but also really drilled down on specific things on my resume and put me on the spot with some mental math problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Explain the departments at Echo.   1 Answer
    • Why are man hole covers round?   1 Answer

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interviews before live interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Nashville, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter a couple days after applying to the website and we set up a phone interview for a couple weeks later. The interview was very conversational. Went into the office and sat with a rep to get a better understanding of the position. The "final" phone interview with a senior manager in Chicago seemed like it was more of an informational call and they already knew they were extending me an offer by that point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None