Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

2.7

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in December 2013.

At the career fair Echo found me, and boy did they want me...bad. I got emails, text messages, and phone calls inquiring when they could set up an interview with me. This was nice; it made me feel wanted and smart!!!

Interview Questions
    I asked for more money twice, and I met my manager in the middle.
    I make $38,000, but since I make more money than other sales reps it will take me longer to hit commission!!

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

1st interview was with a recruiter of about 15 minutes asking simple questions like, "What are your career goals, Why did you choose your major/school, Why Echo, etc.?" Second interview process was come in to the intended branch. I met with the branch manager for about 15 minutes. The branch manager asked, "Why sales? And What I liked about Echo?" I was told about Echo and asked about 5 questions that were answered. The next process was job shadowing 2 reps. One was a Customer Sales Representative, the other was a Carrier Sales representative. Both representatives showed me a very quick glimpse of some duties they did and answered any questions I had. The overall job shadow process was about 20-25 minutes. Both employees said they loved working at Echo and really expanded on the culture. After job shadowing I met with the supervisors of both the customer and carrier sales representatives. Fairly easy questions, but some to trip up someone. The questions were like, "How do you handle success, How do you handle failure, How do you handle when get compliments on a project, How do you handle when don't, How have you been successful in sales in the past, Why would we want you, What do you know about the Logistics Industry?" After about 20 minutes of answering and asking questions I was thanked for coming and they said my recruiter would be in touch by the end of the week. One day later I got an email saying that they wanted me to complete the "Final Phone Interview" with a carrier sales manager in Chicago. Along with that email I was sent login information to complete a very basic background check. I completed it the same day to get the ball rolling. The final phone interview was completed by another employee other than the one I was scheduled to do with and pretty much it was just if I had any big questions about the job, and anything that wasn't answered at the Branch visit. This interview took about 10 minutes. I was thanked and told I would be contacted by the branch in the near future after background check came through. I didn't hear anything until the following week morning with an email saying they would be contacting me in the next few days. By the next day afternoon I was offered the job and agreed upon a price. It was a very smooth process and I am very excited to be starting my career at Echo.

Negotiated to $38,000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2014.

I had an interview last month to be a Carrier Sales Rep. First I spoke by phone to a recruiter in Chicago for 30 minutes. Then I went to their office in MId-Town to meet with the Carrier Sales Supervisor and Branch Manager and now I just had my interview with a Carrier Sales Manager in Chicago (by phone again).

Interview Questions
    • No really off the wall questions. Where do I see myself in 2 years? Why do I think I'd be great at sales? Can I motivate myself to make 100 calls a day?   Answer Question
    I asked for more money than offered but they said they only give more to those with experience. I was fine with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    I had a counter offer from another company so I was able to negotiate 2,000 more annually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2013.

I was contacted by a Recruiter a couple days after applying to the website and we set up a phone interview for a couple weeks later. The interview was very conversational. Went into the office and sat with a rep to get a better understanding of the position. The "final" phone interview with a senior manager in Chicago seemed like it was more of an informational call and they already knew they were extending me an offer by that point.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

The people are very friendly and it is overall an easy going experience; you job shadow someone for 30 mins right when you get in which is good because it takes away from sitting in a room waiting for people to come grill you with queastions.

After shadowing, 2-3 managers interview and it is very causal; they are more concerned with what questions you have for them rather than them asking you a million questions about your work history, schooling, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to tell you that this interview is going horrible for both you and I, what would you have to say for yoruself right now?   View Answer
    It was to their terms and conditions as far as the hours worked and salary goes

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Referred by a friend to the company. Communication with Corporate Recruiter was off and on for a few months before setting up an official interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected or difficult questions. Questions regarding sales and experiences related to the job field were brought up.   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

2-Step Interview Process:
    Initial behavioral interview over the phone with HR (15-30 min)
    In-person branch manager, manager, or panel interview (with an initial 30-45 min job shadow).
    Very straightforward. The panel interview consists of the branch manager and the supervisors spending approx. 15 min. each asking you their own set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What attracts you most to Echo Global?   View Answer
    Once you get an offer of $35,000, negotiate to at least $38,000 if you have any past sales or transportation experience.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2011.

First step: 10 minute HR phone screen, the classic "make sure s/he isn't a serial killer." Crisp and professional. They clearly do this every day. The 2nd step was a phone screen with the local sales manager. Again, she was thorough and professional. She asked me to make up a business and call her back the next day to pitch it at 10am. She did not break the 4th wall before, during, or after the pitch.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to create a business plan and call back to "sell" it in a 5 minute pitch.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Standard comp package. Take it or leave it.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Hiring team calls with a phone interview first and then sets up a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    No room to budge. Hiring team does not have ability to negotiate it