Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

Had 3 interviews and meet different people each day. I was asked about my background and experience. The different people that i met asked me just about the same questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you what you will be making and ask you if it's okay

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

First step: 10 minute HR phone screen, the classic "make sure s/he isn't a serial killer." Crisp and professional. They clearly do this every day. The 2nd step was a phone screen with the local sales manager. Again, she was thorough and professional. She asked me to make up a business and call her back the next day to pitch it at 10am. She did not break the 4th wall before, during, or after the pitch.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to create a business plan and call back to "sell" it in a 5 minute pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard comp package. Take it or leave it.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I was approached through a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, then I was asked to come in and meet with the Branch Manager, the Sales Managers, and shadow one of the branch's top reps.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my plan of attack would be for rebuilding my book of business from scratch.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told the Branch Manager that I wanted "x", he said he couldn't get that much approved, but that he would get me "y", and I told him I could live with that. Very painless. He appreciated my upfront style.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

You meet with the branch manager initially, and he ask about your life, experience, what you expect from Echo. You then sit with one of the tenured reps to get a feel for the job. After that you sit with the rest of the managers in the office, and they ask for formal interview questions

Interview Questions

• This job is a grind with many sales calls and late nights/early mornings needed to truly succeed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard base, and there's a little wiggle room to negotiate.

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I came across Echo Global at a college career fair, and it seemed like a young, fun place to start my career, so I emailed the recruiter I met at the fair and received an email to set up a phone interview a few days later. Phone interview consisted of "typical" interview questions such as "Why our company?" and "What are three characteristics you think it takes to be successful in sales?" I received an email a few days later inviting me in for a one on one interview in the Chicago office. I was interviewed by two employees, one after the other, and then shadowed an employee for about 15 minutes. The second employee who interviewed me fired one question after the other and seemed to give little consideration to my answers, which threw me off a bit.

Logistics Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Had two quick phone interviews with two different people which were fine.Then came in for an in person interview and to shadow one of the account managers. Shadowing the account manager was fine, he seemed pretty cool but what he was doing seemed so boring and monotonous - basically just tracking packages and reporting to businesses where their shipments were.The manager that interviewed me asked me typical questions "why should we choose you?", "where do you see yourself in five years", "how do you deal with frustration", etc. He came off as a really cynical jerk.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with rejection?   1 Answer

There's not much thought or anything interesting in this position. You have to make about 100 cold calls a day to find any small business that wants "cheaper shipping". You have to cold call for about a year to build a customer base. This is not where I want to waste my hard earned degree on.

National Account Manager/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview of about 10-15 minutes. Then in person interview with the same recruiter. That day also includes about 30 minutes of job shadowing and an interview with a manager. Then you get an offer letter to begin the training program. There is no drug test but there is a background check.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked, "why should I hire you? Why should I take that risk?" Other than that it was pretty much straightforward interviewing. No real curve balls but it does depend on who you interview with. It is a large company so it could be different.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. You get an offer for 35,000 base plus commission. The problem is that you have to hit a 16k book before you can get commission. That takes about 2-3 years. Also, once you get the commission you lose the base salary.

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2013.

Interview

Contacted by in-house recruiter on Linked-In regarding a Senior .Net Developer Position, and had a screen interview. Called back and spoke to head of recruiting department. After a few days, I was told I didn't have enough experience for the position, as I expected, and they would keep in touch. A month later I get contacted again to see if I was interested in a "mid-range position" since they had a hard time filling the Senior role. I agree and the next week, I had a in-person meeting with a Senior Developer, a Applications Manager, and 2nd level managers. 1st part was technical, with a guy asking things like "What kinds of joins are there?" and "What is the difference between an abstract and an interface?", basic .Net questions. This went fine, since it was easy and he seemed pretty relaxed about it. 2nd part was "culture" I am guessing, because the person I spoke too had a BA background. I was just asked basic questions about my previous jobs, favorite project, issues I have had, and so forth. 3rd was the only part I was iffy on, as it was just a discussion, which involved me having to explain my thought process on projects I had worked on, and to point out why I should have gone other routes, possible issues with that implementation, and so forth. Only thing I noticed is that he kept looking at his watch the whole interview, but he could have had a meeting. Other than that, I thought it went well. 4th part was just odd, as it was another second level manager who didn't make eye contact with me, only reading things off my resume and taking notes. It was awkward, but I saw no issue with anything I said during the process. At the end, he shook my hand, and made eye contact, for what seemed like a good 5-7 seconds, which I have to admit, through me off. That was the onsite process, I get called the next week letting me know they didn't want to move forward and make me an offer, because I didn't go into enough detail and didn't seem to be strong enough technically for the position. Conversation finished with they would be in touch if anything else came up, because they thought "I was a great guy!" Thinking about it now, I think what did me in was a mix of the technical and 3rd part of the interview. I could have gone into deeper details with the technical questions instead of giving stock answers, maybe talking about effect of idea or what have you, more or less I should have relayed my knowledge better. I still think they were looking for a Senior type person (I have about 4 years of experience), but couldn't find one cheap enough, so they were hoping to get lucky with a senior level developer making less money somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you have done with WCF   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

I had a phone interview that seemed to go very well. The recruiter then scheduled an interview with a branch manager as well as a sales supervisor. Everything went very well. I finally had to make contact with the company to follow up. They sent a huge on boarding packet to me via email and there was a lot of scanning and returning thing to HQ in Chicago. All benefits and 401k plans are handled via online portals that are incredibly difficult to navigate.

Interview Questions

• Managers will try to trip you up in the interview to see how you handle pressure. You will say one thing and they will twist it slightly to see if you just let it slide or if you correct them to make sure your point was taken properly and validated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely try and negotiate. From my experience they will try to dupe you for as little money as possible, but you can easily get an extra $5,000 grand by negotiating.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee to the position. I was an external candidate with a background of financial service internships. The role was very interesting and there were a lot of candidates. Like all companies should, they decided to hire an internal candidate who was more familiar with their business model and could hit the ground running. Overall, it was a great experience and I wish I could have joined the company.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward. They focused on more fit questions to see if I would meld well within the group.   Answer Question