Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions & Reviews

59 interviews

2.6

.NET Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2012.

First contacted by internal recruitment agency staffed on site. Given advice by recruiters to wear a suit, and prompt interview. Two interviews followed. First was technical, second was a meeting with more of a manager.

The first interview was done by a typical Microsoft technical guy who asked relatively easy questions which gradually got a little more difficult until they were unanswerable. Second interview was with his boss, who had no real questions of me, but seemed to want me to tapdance or do something else to impress him or make him feel important. He had not even looked at my resume before I had arrived. I got dressed up, as requested, and took a day off from my current job to be there, but they were not prepared to interview me, and seemed relatively disinterested in the whole thing from the start. He had a surprisingly negative attitude about their business and seemed to expect me to have ideas on how to improve their processes, which is hard since their business is relatively new, and I have had no exposure to it.

I was cold contacted by their recruiters on LinkedIn, so I was not actively seeking a job, just somewhat curious about their environment. Sales people there are packed together in big rooms like sardines. I was told programmers have even less space. I was not told anything with regard to what they were looking for... I think they might have disliked me, personally, from the very beginning because there was not much conversation on their end. I'm a relatively large guy, and it might be that I would not have fit into their tiny spaces.

I usually do not perform well in interviews, I'm a software developer, and this was no exception. But I feel that these interviews were more like practice on their part (they also were not good communicators) and it was unlikely they were going to hire anyone at that time anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of off-putting statements by second interviewer like, "What do you got for me?" and "you got a thing for startups?"   View Answer

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2013.

Overall a positive experience and seems like a great company to work for if you are hardworking, optimistic and energetic. I was emailed by a Recruiter for a phone interview and she set up an office visit at the end of the call. Second interview consisted of two panel type interviews. One was a little impersonal and the other was more casual, gave me a lot of high level information on the company and the position but also really drilled down on specific things on my resume and put me on the spot with some mental math problem solving.

Inside Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2011.

Found my resume online and contacted me about being interested in a possible position. Had a short 10 minute phone interview asking me questions about my experience in my resume and a little bit more of what the company did. At the conclusion of the phone interview they asked to set up a face to face interview. Went in and it was fairly normal with the review of my resume and why i wanted to be in sales. Then concluded with me asking any questions i had.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2011.

Interviewed with three people and was only asked about resume and why interested in the program. Seemed like a great opportunity and got a better feel for company and work environment.

Inside Sales Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2011.

Basic phone interview with the standard questions. Went in for a face to face with the branch manager and she was very easy to talk to but at the same time very honest of what she expected out of employees. Also did a 30 min job shadow with an employee and he was very helpful and honest on the pro and cons of the job. Really seems like a excellent place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick sales as a career?   Answer Question
    • Whats the biggest obstacle you had to overcome and how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2012.

The process included a phone interview and then two one-on-one interviews. One was with someone from HR the other was with the branch manager. I then shaddowed someone in the position that I had applied for. Overall it was a pretty quick and easy process but the job looked boring.

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Applied online, got a call for an interview about two weeks later. Had phone interview with recruiter that went very well, then had the second phone interview with a different recruiter the next week which also went very well. They said they wanted me to come interview at their office asap so I went there the next week feeling pretty confident. Had 1:1 interviews with two different sales rep managers both of which were very unprofessional. One of the managers didn't even ask questions related to the job I was applying for and barely kept eye contact with me. Very odd interview experience. Said they would call me first thing Monday, didn't hear back for 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What isn't on your resume that you would like to tell us about.   Answer Question

Freight Broker - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2009.

I was contacted about their inside sales position. I had not applied for the job, but they contacted me because they saw my resume on one of the job boards. Fair enough, but during the initial phone interview it seemed like the person on the other end of the phone was much less concerned with what I said and more intent on qualifying me as a candidate. I asked some questions and received only ambiguous answers. I can understand if it was an HR rep and they didn't know specifics of the position, but it seemed like I was wasting her time with my questions.

Well I ended up getting another interview and put the odd phone call behind me. At the next interview, the lady interviewing me was quite nice and respectful. I was taken on a quick tour of the facilities on the way to the interviewing room. The questions asked weren't all that difficult, and seemed more for me to understand the job than for them to understand me. Next a manager came in and interviewed me along with the HR lady. He asked more of the same questions, with only a few pertinent to the position and the industry I was there for. Everything lasted probably 2 hours and I never really had to think hard about an answer.

I received a phone call a little over a week later and was told I was out of the running. They said they were looking for someone with more Account Management experience. I was never asked about handling accounts during the interview, the closest thing were some sales approach questions. I don't know if the interview was an intricate psychological test, but I felt a bit short changed given the reason they gave me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult client and how you handled it.   View Answer

Operations Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in December 2011.

It was easy

Good

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

The interview process was fast, easy & very unintimidating. I received a phone call after recruiters found my resume online. We chatted briefly before I was set up for an interview for later that week. I was greeted promptly and escorted to a meeting room where I met with HR, and the department manager. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and I was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I did sense that the group I was possibly joining wasn't very cohesive; that assumption was correct.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiating. Echo refused to give a salary range so I dug my heels in & refused to give a number as well during the interview. The offer was about what I expected with the possibility of bonuses.