Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.6

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few days after applying to schedule a phone interview. Alycia was great and relatable, she made the whole process run smoothly. I went into the Chicago office and met with three different managers before hearing back from Alycia about a week later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe how my past job experience relates to the position I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary and had about a week to make a final decision.

National Account Manager/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview of about 10-15 minutes. Then in person interview with the same recruiter. That day also includes about 30 minutes of job shadowing and an interview with a manager. Then you get an offer letter to begin the training program. There is no drug test but there is a background check.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked, "why should I hire you? Why should I take that risk?" Other than that it was pretty much straightforward interviewing. No real curve balls but it does depend on who you interview with. It is a large company so it could be different.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. You get an offer for 35,000 base plus commission. The problem is that you have to hit a 16k book before you can get commission. That takes about 2-3 years. Also, once you get the commission you lose the base salary.

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2013.

Interview

Contacted by in-house recruiter on Linked-In regarding a Senior .Net Developer Position, and had a screen interview. Called back and spoke to head of recruiting department. After a few days, I was told I didn't have enough experience for the position, as I expected, and they would keep in touch. A month later I get contacted again to see if I was interested in a "mid-range position" since they had a hard time filling the Senior role. I agree and the next week, I had a in-person meeting with a Senior Developer, a Applications Manager, and 2nd level managers. 1st part was technical, with a guy asking things like "What kinds of joins are there?" and "What is the difference between an abstract and an interface?", basic .Net questions. This went fine, since it was easy and he seemed pretty relaxed about it. 2nd part was "culture" I am guessing, because the person I spoke too had a BA background. I was just asked basic questions about my previous jobs, favorite project, issues I have had, and so forth. 3rd was the only part I was iffy on, as it was just a discussion, which involved me having to explain my thought process on projects I had worked on, and to point out why I should have gone other routes, possible issues with that implementation, and so forth. Only thing I noticed is that he kept looking at his watch the whole interview, but he could have had a meeting. Other than that, I thought it went well. 4th part was just odd, as it was another second level manager who didn't make eye contact with me, only reading things off my resume and taking notes. It was awkward, but I saw no issue with anything I said during the process. At the end, he shook my hand, and made eye contact, for what seemed like a good 5-7 seconds, which I have to admit, through me off. That was the onsite process, I get called the next week letting me know they didn't want to move forward and make me an offer, because I didn't go into enough detail and didn't seem to be strong enough technically for the position. Conversation finished with they would be in touch if anything else came up, because they thought "I was a great guy!" Thinking about it now, I think what did me in was a mix of the technical and 3rd part of the interview. I could have gone into deeper details with the technical questions instead of giving stock answers, maybe talking about effect of idea or what have you, more or less I should have relayed my knowledge better. I still think they were looking for a Senior type person (I have about 4 years of experience), but couldn't find one cheap enough, so they were hoping to get lucky with a senior level developer making less money somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you have done with WCF   1 Answer

Logistics Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Had two quick phone interviews with two different people which were fine.Then came in for an in person interview and to shadow one of the account managers. Shadowing the account manager was fine, he seemed pretty cool but what he was doing seemed so boring and monotonous - basically just tracking packages and reporting to businesses where their shipments were.The manager that interviewed me asked me typical questions "why should we choose you?", "where do you see yourself in five years", "how do you deal with frustration", etc. He came off as a really cynical jerk.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with rejection?   1 Answer

There's not much thought or anything interesting in this position. You have to make about 100 cold calls a day to find any small business that wants "cheaper shipping". You have to cold call for about a year to build a customer base. This is not where I want to waste my hard earned degree on.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with three people and was only asked about resume and why interested in the program. Seemed like a great opportunity and got a better feel for company and work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Really short informal phone interview where I explained my background and was given some info on the company. Then I met with two recruiters in person. They asked me some tough questions, but it still felt very comfortable to be there. Then, I watched someone in the role I was interviewing and I got a better understanding of what exactly i would be doing and I could definiltey see myself in the role. After that I met with two VPs and they gave me some good info on the company as a whole. I wasnt really sure if they liked me, but I eneded up getting the position so I guess I did well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary wasn't negotiable since it was a base plus commission. You can pick a time frame when you want to start though. It seems like they try to push you towards one over another, but I really dont think if you show prefrence it will hurt your chances at an offer.

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in June 2010.

Interview

The interview went very well on my part, or I thought it did. The only part that was not appealing was that the girl was very distracted or it was her 100th interview of the day. She stumbled on the "script" and was not able to answer the questions that I asked. I am still confused why companies hire recruiters that do not know anything about the business world to hire for their company. I would love to know how many qualified candidates are passed on daily.

Trucking Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

What they did was call me at first, we had a little phone interview of what my background was like and what sales experience that I had. After that I just ran the interview as a whole. She loved it. Then I got offered a interview to come in. Met with the same lady, got called in again and met with two other head of sales guys.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2010.

Interview

They contacted me after my resume was seen on a website. Echo called to see if I was interested, which I was because I heard good things about the company. They asked if I could come in for the first interview and then at the end of the first interview they asked me to come back for a final interview a week later.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2011.

Interview

Found my resume online and contacted me about being interested in a possible position. Had a short 10 minute phone interview asking me questions about my experience in my resume and a little bit more of what the company did. At the conclusion of the phone interview they asked to set up a face to face interview. Went in and it was fairly normal with the review of my resume and why i wanted to be in sales. Then concluded with me asking any questions i had.