Echo Global Logistics

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in June 2010.

The interview went very well on my part, or I thought it did. The only part that was not appealing was that the girl was very distracted or it was her 100th interview of the day. She stumbled on the "script" and was not able to answer the questions that I asked. I am still confused why companies hire recruiters that do not know anything about the business world to hire for their company. I would love to know how many qualified candidates are passed on daily.

Inside Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2010.

They contacted me after my resume was seen on a website. Echo called to see if I was interested, which I was because I heard good things about the company. They asked if I could come in for the first interview and then at the end of the first interview they asked me to come back for a final interview a week later.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2011.

Found my resume online and contacted me about being interested in a possible position. Had a short 10 minute phone interview asking me questions about my experience in my resume and a little bit more of what the company did. At the conclusion of the phone interview they asked to set up a face to face interview. Went in and it was fairly normal with the review of my resume and why i wanted to be in sales. Then concluded with me asking any questions i had.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2011.

Interviewed with three people and was only asked about resume and why interested in the program. Seemed like a great opportunity and got a better feel for company and work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2011.

Really short informal phone interview where I explained my background and was given some info on the company. Then I met with two recruiters in person. They asked me some tough questions, but it still felt very comfortable to be there. Then, I watched someone in the role I was interviewing and I got a better understanding of what exactly i would be doing and I could definiltey see myself in the role. After that I met with two VPs and they gave me some good info on the company as a whole. I wasnt really sure if they liked me, but I eneded up getting the position so I guess I did well.

Interview Questions
    The salary wasn't negotiable since it was a base plus commission. You can pick a time frame when you want to start though. It seems like they try to push you towards one over another, but I really dont think if you show prefrence it will hurt your chances at an offer.

Trucking Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2010.

What they did was call me at first, we had a little phone interview of what my background was like and what sales experience that I had. After that I just ran the interview as a whole. She loved it. Then I got offered a interview to come in. Met with the same lady, got called in again and met with two other head of sales guys.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2011.

My interview process sort of took a long time due their offices in Chicago and me living in Ohio. First was a phone interview. Then it was a one on one interview at their offices. Finally, there was a final interview with the director of sales. That was the hardest part of the interview process. There were some curve ball type questions to throw me off.

The place had a very professional atmosphere and was full of people making cold calls.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2012.

I was referred by an internal employee to the position. I was an external candidate with a background of financial service internships. The role was very interesting and there were a lot of candidates. Like all companies should, they decided to hire an internal candidate who was more familiar with their business model and could hit the ground running. Overall, it was a great experience and I wish I could have joined the company.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straight forward. They focused on more fit questions to see if I would meld well within the group.   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2012.

I came across Echo Global at a college career fair, and it seemed like a young, fun place to start my career, so I emailed the recruiter I met at the fair and received an email to set up a phone interview a few days later.

Phone interview consisted of "typical" interview questions such as "Why our company?" and "What are three characteristics you think it takes to be successful in sales?"

I received an email a few days later inviting me in for a one on one interview in the Chicago office. I was interviewed by two employees, one after the other, and then shadowed an employee for about 15 minutes. The second employee who interviewed me fired one question after the other and seemed to give little consideration to my answers, which threw me off a bit.

Logistics Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

Had two quick phone interviews with two different people which were fine.Then came in for an in person interview and to shadow one of the account managers. Shadowing the account manager was fine, he seemed pretty cool but what he was doing seemed so boring and monotonous - basically just tracking packages and reporting to businesses where their shipments were.The manager that interviewed me asked me typical questions "why should we choose you?", "where do you see yourself in five years", "how do you deal with frustration", etc. He came off as a really cynical jerk.

Interview Questions

There's not much thought or anything interesting in this position. You have to make about 100 cold calls a day to find any small business that wants "cheaper shipping". You have to cold call for about a year to build a customer base. This is not where I want to waste my hard earned degree on.