Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.7

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you qualify for the position

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview questions with nothing out of the ordinary just be yourself   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Pretty easy interview process. 2 phone interviews than a final on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over other more experienced canidates?   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Applied online through the career services website and was contacted 2 weeks later by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone for about an hour and then she scheduled me for an in person interview. There I spoke with the recruiter, a manager and sat with the top representative for an hour watching her make calls and answer emails. Then I spoke with another manager after that. This was about 2 hours long. Then the next day I received a background check form. Once this cleared 10-14 days later I had my final phone interview with the VP in Chicago. A week after that I received an offer of 38,000 plus commission since I had previous sales positions which I took seeing that most get 35,000 starting.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What do you bring to ECHO that others do not?   Answer Question
    Typical grads get 35,000. I was able to obtain 38,000 due to my various internships which I gladly accepted. Great starting salary with commission on top of that. Typical first year reps earn in the 40s and second year reps are in the 50s. Great company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2013.

Overall a positive experience and seems like a great company to work for if you are hardworking, optimistic and energetic. I was emailed by a Recruiter for a phone interview and she set up an office visit at the end of the call. Second interview consisted of two panel type interviews. One was a little impersonal and the other was more casual, gave me a lot of high level information on the company and the position but also really drilled down on specific things on my resume and put me on the spot with some mental math problem solving.

Inside Sales Interview

If they don't offer you a job you must have really said something stupid.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation what so ever. If you don't like it they'll find someone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2013.

First, I had a very brief phone conversation with a Recruiter who asked basic questions about my job search, background, future goals, strengths/weakness, failures and aptitude for a sales job. After that, I was asked into the branch office, (which is in Oldtown right by the mall) for a second interview with the same Recruiter who asked more difficult questions this time around. She put me on the spot a lot but at the same time I still felt extremely comfortable and overall the interview was very conversational. It seemed as though she was genuinely interested in the things I had to say (which was refreshing for a change compared to other companies) as well as making sure this job was the right fit for me. She was extremely knowledgeable about the company and the industry and I also enjoyed hearing about her background. Then I shadowed someone in the actual role I would be doing and met with a Senior Manager. That part was very quick, direct and to the point but he was also very enthusiastic about the industry, the company and his job/team and was very upfront and realistic about what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were unmotivated to get something done and how did you get yourself back on track.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you had to influence someones point of view or decision when they may have had differing viewpoints or been reluctant to hear.   Answer Question
    • How assertive would you consider yourself? Tell me about a time you were able to positively assert yourself in a difficult situation and led by example.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you where not satisfied (or a collegue/superviosr/professor) with your personal performance.   Answer Question
    Quick chat with the CHR in Chicago, a fairly lengthly and time consuming backgroud check with criminal, education, past employers, compensation history. Then I was told over the phone I was going to be given an offer and the Recruiter tried to feel me out as to an acceptable range. She gave me examples of what she'd seen in the past from similar candidates and emphasized Echo's strenths over other companys and helped me weigh by options.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Stick to team focused approaches to these answers. Also play up entrepreneur skills or tendencies.   Answer Question
    I was able to go 3000 higher than offered.
    They start at 35000 but you can swing 40000 if you have some experience.

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

The initial process involved two phone interviews, one from the HR rep in the corporate office and one from the HR rep in the regional office where I was applying to work. Each phone interview consisted of basic behavioral based questions and I also had to walk them through my resume. They lasted about 15 minutes each.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2012.

The hiring process is kind of long--but stick with it. It is worth it. A recruiter will call you from Chicago and have a phone interview from you. (Sometimes the recruiters up there are streched a little thin, if they dont get back to you right away dont take it personally. I didnt hear from my recruiter for over a week and then found out I got my face to face and then was hired.) After that you will come in to the office for a face to face interview. You shadow a sales representative to learn about the job and then speak with both our manager and supervisor. Dont let anyone scare you away, all three of the managers in the Dallas branch are really down to Earth and easy to work for. After that you have an interview with HR and then could be offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed with our previous manager so I do not know what the current manager's interviewing questions are like.   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in June 2011.

The interview started with one of the corporate recruiters calling and chatting with me for 15 minutes or so about the position. I came from another transportation company, so I was really receptive to what she was saying. After two phone interviews I came into the job shadow with a good idea of what I was getting myself into. The manager at the time (2011) was not very easy to read and asked some very basic questions. When I sat down for the shadow with a senior rep, I was able to loosen up a bit. The interview process feels a little like you are running the gauntlet, but once it’s all said and done, you leave knowing exactly what you are getting yourself into.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from the same industry, I was asked, “If you left your previous company, why do you think you would like it here?”   View Answer
    At the time there wasn't any negotiation phase. In 2012 the process changed and it’s on the table for discussion now.