Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

The interview process was fast, easy & very unintimidating. I received a phone call after recruiters found my resume online. We chatted briefly before I was set up for an interview for later that week. I was greeted promptly and escorted to a meeting room where I met with HR, and the department manager. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and I was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I did sense that the group I was possibly joining wasn't very cohesive; that assumption was correct.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiating. Echo refused to give a salary range so I dug my heels in & refused to give a number as well during the interview. The offer was about what I expected with the possibility of bonuses.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2010.

Pretty easy interview. I was just asked basic behavioral based questions. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to other interviews.

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview process was pretty straight forward. First a phone interview where the interviewer spoke too fast I had to ask her numerous times to please repeat herself. All I could hear was typing in the background and she seemed to not pay any attention to what I was telling her. Received an e-mail stating they wanted to meet in person. 2 hour time period where I met with the same recruiter and had the same issues. She could answer any of the questions I had for her on the company which came off as really unprofessional. Met with the manager who was a little more personable. Spoke about my current/past jobs more than getting to know my personality and interest in the position they were looking for.

From what I've heard you only get hired in if you know someone. Environment was very unprofessional and lacked passion for what their jobs really were.

Unprofessional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    I had a counter offer from another company so I was able to negotiate 2,000 more annually.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2010.

I was referred to Echo by a current employee in Chicago and was contacted by a HR rep 2 days after submitting an application. I went through 3 phone interviews, the first two with the same HR rep and the final one with the hiring director; all were easy and straight forward. After that, I was invited to the Atlanta office where I did two 1:1 interviews, one with the hiring director I had spoken with earlier and the other with the office manager. The hiring director pretty much went through a slide show and I didnt really learn anything new since the slides repeated what I had learned on the phone. The office manager asked some basic questions and told me they would get back to me on Monday (it was Friday). After waiting a week and hearing nothing, it took 3 emails and 2 calls just to get a rejection email. Everything had gone well but it really put me off that I had to jump through so many hoops just to get an email from such an established company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a basic day at your last job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were knocked down and bounced back (asked in both 1:1 interviews).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

The people are very friendly and it is overall an easy going experience; you job shadow someone for 30 mins right when you get in which is good because it takes away from sitting in a room waiting for people to come grill you with queastions.

After shadowing, 2-3 managers interview and it is very causal; they are more concerned with what questions you have for them rather than them asking you a million questions about your work history, schooling, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to tell you that this interview is going horrible for both you and I, what would you have to say for yoruself right now?   View Answer
    It was to their terms and conditions as far as the hours worked and salary goes

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Phone interview with a recruiter(mostly ditzy cute girl asking about your resume. nice, but ditzy). 1-2 face-to-face interviews where you come in and shadow a rep for as long as it takes the way-too-busy single manager to get a chance to ask you a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't really remember too many of them specifically except for the usual "think about a time when you were in a position to go beyond the call of duty" type prompts. "What do you see being a challenge for you in this position?"   View Answer
    Easy, they offered $35, I wanted $40, we agreed on #38. That was the highest base salary in the entry level sales position in the branch.

Client Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Applied online through the career services website and was contacted 2 weeks later by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone for about an hour and then she scheduled me for an in person interview. There I spoke with the recruiter, a manager and sat with the top representative for an hour watching her make calls and answer emails. Then I spoke with another manager after that. This was about 2 hours long. Then the next day I received a background check form. Once this cleared 10-14 days later I had my final phone interview with the VP in Chicago. A week after that I received an offer of 38,000 plus commission since I had previous sales positions which I took seeing that most get 35,000 starting.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What do you bring to ECHO that others do not?   Answer Question
    Typical grads get 35,000. I was able to obtain 38,000 due to my various internships which I gladly accepted. Great starting salary with commission on top of that. Typical first year reps earn in the 40s and second year reps are in the 50s. Great company.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Stick to team focused approaches to these answers. Also play up entrepreneur skills or tendencies.   Answer Question
    I was able to go 3000 higher than offered.
    They start at 35000 but you can swing 40000 if you have some experience.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Hiring team calls with a phone interview first and then sets up a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    No room to budge. Hiring team does not have ability to negotiate it