Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2010.

I was referred to Echo by a current employee in Chicago and was contacted by a HR rep 2 days after submitting an application. I went through 3 phone interviews, the first two with the same HR rep and the final one with the hiring director; all were easy and straight forward. After that, I was invited to the Atlanta office where I did two 1:1 interviews, one with the hiring director I had spoken with earlier and the other with the office manager. The hiring director pretty much went through a slide show and I didnt really learn anything new since the slides repeated what I had learned on the phone. The office manager asked some basic questions and told me they would get back to me on Monday (it was Friday). After waiting a week and hearing nothing, it took 3 emails and 2 calls just to get a rejection email. Everything had gone well but it really put me off that I had to jump through so many hoops just to get an email from such an established company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a basic day at your last job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were knocked down and bounced back (asked in both 1:1 interviews).   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2011.

Basic phone interview with the standard questions. Went in for a face to face with the branch manager and she was very easy to talk to but at the same time very honest of what she expected out of employees. Also did a 30 min job shadow with an employee and he was very helpful and honest on the pro and cons of the job. Really seems like a excellent place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick sales as a career?   Answer Question
    • Whats the biggest obstacle you had to overcome and how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview process was pretty straight forward. First a phone interview where the interviewer spoke too fast I had to ask her numerous times to please repeat herself. All I could hear was typing in the background and she seemed to not pay any attention to what I was telling her. Received an e-mail stating they wanted to meet in person. 2 hour time period where I met with the same recruiter and had the same issues. She could answer any of the questions I had for her on the company which came off as really unprofessional. Met with the manager who was a little more personable. Spoke about my current/past jobs more than getting to know my personality and interest in the position they were looking for.

From what I've heard you only get hired in if you know someone. Environment was very unprofessional and lacked passion for what their jobs really were.

Unprofessional

Client Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Applied online through the career services website and was contacted 2 weeks later by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone for about an hour and then she scheduled me for an in person interview. There I spoke with the recruiter, a manager and sat with the top representative for an hour watching her make calls and answer emails. Then I spoke with another manager after that. This was about 2 hours long. Then the next day I received a background check form. Once this cleared 10-14 days later I had my final phone interview with the VP in Chicago. A week after that I received an offer of 38,000 plus commission since I had previous sales positions which I took seeing that most get 35,000 starting.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What do you bring to ECHO that others do not?   Answer Question
    Typical grads get 35,000. I was able to obtain 38,000 due to my various internships which I gladly accepted. Great starting salary with commission on top of that. Typical first year reps earn in the 40s and second year reps are in the 50s. Great company.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Stick to team focused approaches to these answers. Also play up entrepreneur skills or tendencies.   Answer Question
    I was able to go 3000 higher than offered.
    They start at 35000 but you can swing 40000 if you have some experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2013.

phone interview, 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    I had a counter offer from another company so I was able to negotiate 2,000 more annually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2014.

The people are very friendly and it is overall an easy going experience; you job shadow someone for 30 mins right when you get in which is good because it takes away from sitting in a room waiting for people to come grill you with queastions.

After shadowing, 2-3 managers interview and it is very causal; they are more concerned with what questions you have for them rather than them asking you a million questions about your work history, schooling, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to tell you that this interview is going horrible for both you and I, what would you have to say for yoruself right now?   View Answer
    It was to their terms and conditions as far as the hours worked and salary goes

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Phone interview with a recruiter(mostly ditzy cute girl asking about your resume. nice, but ditzy). 1-2 face-to-face interviews where you come in and shadow a rep for as long as it takes the way-too-busy single manager to get a chance to ask you a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't really remember too many of them specifically except for the usual "think about a time when you were in a position to go beyond the call of duty" type prompts. "What do you see being a challenge for you in this position?"   View Answer
    Easy, they offered $35, I wanted $40, we agreed on #38. That was the highest base salary in the entry level sales position in the branch.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2013.

Hiring team calls with a phone interview first and then sets up a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    No room to budge. Hiring team does not have ability to negotiate it

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Contacted by recruiter through email, telephone interview scheduled. Typical phone interview, discussing background and experience. Contacted a few days later by email to schedule a personal interview with branch manager. It first started with me discussing my background, education, and experience, but then turned more into an information session by the interviewer on the industry and company with few specific questions to me about my experience, skills, or ability to perform the job. I should have taken this as a red flag that he wasn't interested in me, but felt positive when he then had me shadow a sales rep for about an hour. I met every employee in the building, all of which appeared to be well under the age of 30, including the manager. Since I am about 20 years older than everyone in the building, I got the feeling that my age was going to an issue. This suspicion was somewhat validated when the manager came out of his office and quickly escorted me out with little further discussion. I had suspected he was on the phone with the hiring manager in Chicago while I was shadowing the sales rep. His tone had changed and all he told me was that the recruiter would be in touch the following week. I waited until the end of the following week and then emailed the recruiter asking for an update. A few hours later I got the canned rejection form letter email stating that they "decided to pursue other candidates whose credentials better fit their needs". I know that their interview process also consists of phone interviews with the hiring manager and the VP of sales after the first personal interview. I never got that chance, and I don't believe it had anything to do with my credentials, which includes 14 years of sales and sales management experience, well more than the recent college grads that they seek. If you do your research on this company, you will see that they boast on the fact that they are a young, Gen Y environment. Try and find an over 40 person, or even over 30, in any of their office party and group photos. The recruiter should have been aware of my approximate age by the work history on my resume and not even had contacted me in the first place if I didn't fit their mold. I find it humiliating and disrespectful to have prepared so hard for that interview and not have been given a fair chance for the job by getting a proper interview and the opportunity for further interviews. I asked the recruiter by email for an explanation of what was lacking in my credentials according to the rejection letter, but got no response. I can't prove that I was rejected for my age, but I also don't believe it had anything to do with my credentials in the sense of sales experience, education, and record of success. Not compared to the 20 somethings that they obviously prefer to hire, anyways.

Interview Questions
    • None really, interviewer did most of the talking and didn't ask me much   Answer Question