Echo Global Logistics

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.7

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2012.

The process included a phone interview and then two one-on-one interviews. One was with someone from HR the other was with the branch manager. I then shaddowed someone in the position that I had applied for. Overall it was a pretty quick and easy process but the job looked boring.

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Applied online, got a call for an interview about two weeks later. Had phone interview with recruiter that went very well, then had the second phone interview with a different recruiter the next week which also went very well. They said they wanted me to come interview at their office asap so I went there the next week feeling pretty confident. Had 1:1 interviews with two different sales rep managers both of which were very unprofessional. One of the managers didn't even ask questions related to the job I was applying for and barely kept eye contact with me. Very odd interview experience. Said they would call me first thing Monday, didn't hear back for 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What isn't on your resume that you would like to tell us about.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

The interview process was fast, easy & very unintimidating. I received a phone call after recruiters found my resume online. We chatted briefly before I was set up for an interview for later that week. I was greeted promptly and escorted to a meeting room where I met with HR, and the department manager. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and I was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. I did sense that the group I was possibly joining wasn't very cohesive; that assumption was correct.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiating. Echo refused to give a salary range so I dug my heels in & refused to give a number as well during the interview. The offer was about what I expected with the possibility of bonuses.

Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in December 2011.

It was easy

Good

Freight Broker - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in October 2009.

I was contacted about their inside sales position. I had not applied for the job, but they contacted me because they saw my resume on one of the job boards. Fair enough, but during the initial phone interview it seemed like the person on the other end of the phone was much less concerned with what I said and more intent on qualifying me as a candidate. I asked some questions and received only ambiguous answers. I can understand if it was an HR rep and they didn't know specifics of the position, but it seemed like I was wasting her time with my questions.

Well I ended up getting another interview and put the odd phone call behind me. At the next interview, the lady interviewing me was quite nice and respectful. I was taken on a quick tour of the facilities on the way to the interviewing room. The questions asked weren't all that difficult, and seemed more for me to understand the job than for them to understand me. Next a manager came in and interviewed me along with the HR lady. He asked more of the same questions, with only a few pertinent to the position and the industry I was there for. Everything lasted probably 2 hours and I never really had to think hard about an answer.

I received a phone call a little over a week later and was told I was out of the running. They said they were looking for someone with more Account Management experience. I was never asked about handling accounts during the interview, the closest thing were some sales approach questions. I don't know if the interview was an intricate psychological test, but I felt a bit short changed given the reason they gave me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult client and how you handled it.   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2010.

Pretty easy interview. I was just asked basic behavioral based questions. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to other interviews.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2010.

I was referred to Echo by a current employee in Chicago and was contacted by a HR rep 2 days after submitting an application. I went through 3 phone interviews, the first two with the same HR rep and the final one with the hiring director; all were easy and straight forward. After that, I was invited to the Atlanta office where I did two 1:1 interviews, one with the hiring director I had spoken with earlier and the other with the office manager. The hiring director pretty much went through a slide show and I didnt really learn anything new since the slides repeated what I had learned on the phone. The office manager asked some basic questions and told me they would get back to me on Monday (it was Friday). After waiting a week and hearing nothing, it took 3 emails and 2 calls just to get a rejection email. Everything had gone well but it really put me off that I had to jump through so many hoops just to get an email from such an established company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a basic day at your last job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were knocked down and bounced back (asked in both 1:1 interviews).   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2011.

Basic phone interview with the standard questions. Went in for a face to face with the branch manager and she was very easy to talk to but at the same time very honest of what she expected out of employees. Also did a 30 min job shadow with an employee and he was very helpful and honest on the pro and cons of the job. Really seems like a excellent place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick sales as a career?   Answer Question
    • Whats the biggest obstacle you had to overcome and how did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview process was pretty straight forward. First a phone interview where the interviewer spoke too fast I had to ask her numerous times to please repeat herself. All I could hear was typing in the background and she seemed to not pay any attention to what I was telling her. Received an e-mail stating they wanted to meet in person. 2 hour time period where I met with the same recruiter and had the same issues. She could answer any of the questions I had for her on the company which came off as really unprofessional. Met with the manager who was a little more personable. Spoke about my current/past jobs more than getting to know my personality and interest in the position they were looking for.

From what I've heard you only get hired in if you know someone. Environment was very unprofessional and lacked passion for what their jobs really were.

Unprofessional

Client Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Applied online through the career services website and was contacted 2 weeks later by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone for about an hour and then she scheduled me for an in person interview. There I spoke with the recruiter, a manager and sat with the top representative for an hour watching her make calls and answer emails. Then I spoke with another manager after that. This was about 2 hours long. Then the next day I received a background check form. Once this cleared 10-14 days later I had my final phone interview with the VP in Chicago. A week after that I received an offer of 38,000 plus commission since I had previous sales positions which I took seeing that most get 35,000 starting.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What do you bring to ECHO that others do not?   Answer Question
    Typical grads get 35,000. I was able to obtain 38,000 due to my various internships which I gladly accepted. Great starting salary with commission on top of that. Typical first year reps earn in the 40s and second year reps are in the 50s. Great company.