Echo Global Logistics

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Logistics Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

Had two quick phone interviews with two different people which were fine.Then came in for an in person interview and to shadow one of the account managers. Shadowing the account manager was fine, he seemed pretty cool but what he was doing seemed so boring and monotonous - basically just tracking packages and reporting to businesses where their shipments were.The manager that interviewed me asked me typical questions "why should we choose you?", "where do you see yourself in five years", "how do you deal with frustration", etc. He came off as a really cynical jerk.

Interview Questions

There's not much thought or anything interesting in this position. You have to make about 100 cold calls a day to find any small business that wants "cheaper shipping". You have to cold call for about a year to build a customer base. This is not where I want to waste my hard earned degree on.