Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions & Reviews in Troy, MI

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in November 2011.

First interview over the phone with HR at HQ in Chicago. Second interview with branch manager in the Troy office. Third interview was with HR again in Chicago over the phone. They made me an offer and sent me an offer letter then called me two weeks later and said that they weren't going to offer me the job because they decided they weren't hiring. They then called me back a week later and said they would hire me. I was the black sheep in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. It was a pretty normal conversation. You are being interviewed by people in their mid to late 20s with hardly any managerial experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation whatsoever. Take it or leave it mentality.

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Pretty easy interview process. 2 phone interviews than a final on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over other more experienced canidates?   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2013.

really quick and informal phone interivew with a recruiter, then went into the office and met with same lady and went over my resume and job search in more detail, asked some behavioral type interview questions and some kind of put me on the spot but nothing too tough, had chance at end to ask questions and she gave me info on training, the job, her experience, which was nice becasue i was pretty confused on what what they did by just looking at the website. everyone was really casually dressed, like in jeans and i was in a suite so i felt a little out of place at first but they said that was was most peole wore for interviews and not to worry. then i shadowed one of the sales guys which was cool to see how the technology worked but no one answered on the cold calls so i didnt really get to hear him pitch to a new company. he did some negotiating with current customers which i really liked and then some other account managment stuff which he called "putting out fires", he was telling me about he did lead sourcing and mistakes he made when he started and was funny, the whole team was pumped about this happy hour for this team outing and they all seemed to be friends and seemed like a place i could really see myself fitting in at. branch supervisor met with briefly at the end and he was a little intimidating at first,straight to the point but seemed like he would be a efficient manager and someone i would want to work for. final part was a background check and a final phone interview with the Senior Director in Chicago which at first was pretty laidback and informal but he seemed pretty skeptical and i wasnt sure if he liked me or not.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you were unmotived to get a job done   Answer Question
    gave me an offer and i accepted. im not sure if you can negotiate or not but i really wanted the job so i didnt push my luck.

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview process was pretty straight forward. First a phone interview where the interviewer spoke too fast I had to ask her numerous times to please repeat herself. All I could hear was typing in the background and she seemed to not pay any attention to what I was telling her. Received an e-mail stating they wanted to meet in person. 2 hour time period where I met with the same recruiter and had the same issues. She could answer any of the questions I had for her on the company which came off as really unprofessional. Met with the manager who was a little more personable. Spoke about my current/past jobs more than getting to know my personality and interest in the position they were looking for.

From what I've heard you only get hired in if you know someone. Environment was very unprofessional and lacked passion for what their jobs really were.

Unprofessional

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!