EchoStar

2.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Techniciam Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EchoStar.

I sent in a resume, got a phone call for an interview. I came in and took the interview, then took a drug test. A month later I took another drug test and was offered a position for less than I made at my previous job.

Interview Questions
    • What I gathered from the interview was that the job was to watch TV.   View Answer
    They would not accept any of my counter offers. It was a strictly take it or leave it offer.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in October 2012.

It was well-organized. There were six candidates and we were brought in for breakfast before being split up into two groups - one group had their interviews while the other was given a tour of the facilities. Lunch followed with the team and the groups were switched, after which we were given a small product demonstration, an overview of the benefits offered, before we were let go for the day.

My interview in itself was based on my resume for the most part, with some C code analysis thrown in.

I'm still waiting on their decision to be made.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time where you were required to work on behalf of other members of your team?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EchoStar in October 2011.

The process started my schools (Clemson) career fair. After Talking to the two representatives they took my resume and invited me to an on campus interview the next day. Most of the questions were based off my resume with few technical questions. A few weeks later I received an email inviting me to their "career day" where they brought in about 15 other interviewees. They split us into two groups and interviewed the first group and gave the second group a tour and had them fill out some paper work. Then the two groups switched. We were fed lunch then it was over around 2pm.

The technical questions asked were along the lines of

Question: What happens when you try to free a null pointer

Question: What is the difference between a process and a thread

Question: What is the difference between the stack and the heap

Question: What is "yoda conditions"
       Answer: this is an obscure question so i'll provide an answer.

Normally you'd write an if conditional like this: if( ch1 == '_' ); however, if you use yoda conditions "if('_' == ch1) { ... }" it allows the compiler to catch the occasional typo "if('_' = ch1) { ..}" i.e. the compiler will say you cannot assign a value to a constant thus catching your error (not typing if('_' == ch1)).

Also they gave us a print out of a program with several errors and we had to identify them all and give suggestions on how to correct them. Make you know what a unit8 is and how using that could be bad for processing a string.

Interview Questions
    • What happens when you try to free a null pointer   View Answer
    • What is the difference between a process and a thread   View Answer
    • What is the difference between the stack and the heap   View Answer
    • What is the deference between a semaphore and a mutex   View Answers (2)

Had a better offer with a better company

Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EchoStar in August 2011.

I applied online and after sometime got an email saying that a manager would like to do a phone interview. It took some days to set up the interview time. The interview was to be about a week from the initial contact. There was some confusion with the time zone difference, so had to reschedule. At the end of the interview, the manager told me that if I do not get any response in 2 weeks, that means I am no longer considered for further interviews. By then, I figured it was the end of the road for me.

Hardware Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at EchoStar in March 2011.

The first round of interviews were on the college campus. This interview took about 15 minutes and I was given a basic explanation of some of the design work that was done in Echostar and was asked some basic questions about my resume. About 2 weeks later I was asked to visit their company, which is also where the 2nd round of interview took place. This time I was also asked mostly questions regarding my resume. They approached me with an offer about a month after the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to recall a few specific details regarding a project I had completed several years back.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at EchoStar in November 2008.

Saw an ad in the newspaper. There was a open house interview date. At the open house an application form was filled. Followed immediately by a panel interview and a one on one interview.

A technical talk on past projects. A discussion on interest in working on linux platforms. The match was for a embedded engineer therefore ability to work with both hardware and software was discussed.

Following the Job offer mandatory criminal and drug tests are conducted.

Interview Questions
    No not really. Salary is below average