EchoStar

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cheyenne, WY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at EchoStar in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very informal, took 6 months of me calling every week to get information out of the company. Simple face to face interview with them concentrating on my team work skills rather than technical skills.

Interview Question – Was I looking to stay at the company longer than a year or two. I informed them that would depend on how the environment and job satisfaction was, and if compensation was adequate.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They just told me what they were offering, no negotiation.

Cheyenne, WY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews last around an hour each. After the second interview I made numerous attempts to speak to someone regarding the position without any luck. The managing engineer kept saying he would call back, but that they were extremely busy.

Interview Question – Describe the communications protocol used for satellite communication.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at EchoStar in November 2008.

Interview Details – Saw an ad in the newspaper. There was a open house interview date. At the open house an application form was filled. Followed immediately by a panel interview and a one on one interview.

A technical talk on past projects. A discussion on interest in working on linux platforms. The match was for a embedded engineer therefore ability to work with both hardware and software was discussed.

Following the Job offer mandatory criminal and drug tests are conducted.

Interview Question – What is the most challenging problem that I faced?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No not really. Salary is below average

Interviews for Top Jobs at EchoStar

Worked for EchoStar? Contribute to the Community!

EchoStar Videos

EchoStar – Why Work for Us?

EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EchoStar Engineer I interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by EchoStar employees and interview candidates.