EchoStar Engineer I Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheyenne, WY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at EchoStar in April 2010.

Very informal, took 6 months of me calling every week to get information out of the company. Simple face to face interview with them concentrating on my team work skills rather than technical skills.

Interview Questions
  • Was I looking to stay at the company longer than a year or two. I informed them that would depend on how the environment and job satisfaction was, and if compensation was adequate.   View Answer
They just told me what they were offering, no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for EchoStar

Anonymous Employee  in  Cheyenne, WY
    Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in January 2011.

I had two phone interviews last around an hour each. After the second interview I made numerous attempts to speak to someone regarding the position without any luck. The managing engineer kept saying he would call back, but that they were extremely busy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the communications protocol used for satellite communication.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at EchoStar in November 2008.

Saw an ad in the newspaper. There was a open house interview date. At the open house an application form was filled. Followed immediately by a panel interview and a one on one interview.

A technical talk on past projects. A discussion on interest in working on linux platforms. The match was for a embedded engineer therefore ability to work with both hardware and software was discussed.

Following the Job offer mandatory criminal and drug tests are conducted.

Interview Questions
    No not really. Salary is below average

Worked for EchoStar? Contribute to the Community!