EchoStar

Getting the Interview

55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – 1 on site interview

Interview Question – Fix bugs in a simple C code   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EchoStar in March 2014.

Interview Details – One week before the internview, calling from Echostar asks to make an appointment to have the interview. Only have one phone call interview. During the interview, they focused on the projects listed in the resume. Ask if having some experience in programming language and which projects you used them. Offer comes 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Call Center Agent Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – This was a fairly easy interview, the management I met through the process were kind, but very distant. I understand why now. It is because the place is so difficult to work at with how the employees are treated that no one will close to anyone due to the constantly revolving door.

Interview Question – What is the one thing I find as a fault.   Answer Question

Lead Engineering Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – Quick turnaround if the recruiting team and department managers like you experience and education. Very friendly group to speak with and they know what questions to ask to determine if you really know what you are talking about. The panel interview was a conference call but with a large corporation that was expected.

Engineering Intern Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EchoStar in April 2013.

Interview Details – - Call from Hiring Manager
- 1-1 nterview

Interview Question – - None as such   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Christiansburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in June 2011.

Interview Details – Slow, took 4 weeks to call back

Interview Question – do you do drugs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Hardware Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at EchoStar in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first round of interviews were on the college campus. This interview took about 15 minutes and I was given a basic explanation of some of the design work that was done in Echostar and was asked some basic questions about my resume. About 2 weeks later I was asked to visit their company, which is also where the 2nd round of interview took place. This time I was also asked mostly questions regarding my resume. They approached me with an offer about a month after the interviews.

Interview Question – They asked me to recall a few specific details regarding a project I had completed several years back.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician II Interview

Engineering Technician II
Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – Submit resume, application and personality test, wait 4 months, have a phone interview, wait 3 weeks. Go in for interview with manager and team members, and take mock test. Get told they want to hire you, but wait 2 weeks for HR to finalize it. Receive offer, reject it and wait 3 more weeks for counteroffer. It is a very convoluted process currently.

Interview Question – Standard questions, seemed to be pulled from some generic website minutes before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always reject the first offer and counteroffer. They offer some piddly salary at first to see if you take it.

Software Tester Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at EchoStar in August 2013.

Interview Details – After applying through a web portal, I received a call from HR asking for an initial telephonic screening. Then completed initial screen over phone done by HR.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation that you faced in your previous experience OR Tell me about a situation where you had to apologize to your supervisor because of a mistake committed by you.
Which project was your favorite and why?
What would you bring to this position if your are hired?
Key strengths?
  Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – Spoke to person in career fair, got reccommendation for particular position. Applied and got interview.

Interview Question – Asked about projects, interests and described the daily roles   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at EchoStar

Worked for EchoStar? Contribute to the Community!

EchoStar Videos

EchoStar – Why Work for Us?

EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EchoStar interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by EchoStar employees and interview candidates.