EchoStar Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

There were two stages of interviews, both were telephonic held a week apart. The first one was by the manager, second one by two engineers from manger's team. Questions were asked related to C++, resume, past projects related to software, etc. Decision was made a month after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences with APIs, details about past projects, questions on C++.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

There is no other company to work for they are the best. The reviews and salaries are invaluable to anyone looking to accelerate their career. EchoStar designs, develops and engineers innovative set-top-box and advanced video technologies for customers across the globe. We provide products and services for over 17 million pay-TV subscribers, as well as retail set-top box products for consumers.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and two interviews by committe over a process of about a month. I was kept informed during the entire interview/recruiting process. The interview questions ranged from easy (why do you want to work here) to more difficult questions. The process involved about 13 EchoStar representatives total.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you disagreed with your boss and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Applied through college and Got a 1 hour long phone interview. Average technical questions in Java, DBMS, Linux. Was told they would get back to me in a couple days. Got a reject after 2 weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EchoStar in March 2015.

Interview

Echostar came to our university. Did a small interview there asked a programing question, I wrote the code then they asked me to apply on some specific requisition numbers. Applied and got call for telephonic interview. The same person took my interview the one met in career fair, Interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Basic java questions(oops, collections etc) and MySql questions, then 1 coding question (Simple) and few mySql queries to write from given tables.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

applied in the career fair and got a call for interview within a week. The interview was good. Hiring team was pretty friendly and not at all intimidating. Asked questions based on C. Tested solving skills.

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call and had a general phone interview and was told I'd be contacted within a week. Phone interview was a general background interview asking about personal strengths and resume questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar in December 2014.

Interview

Received a very short call from hr asking very basic questions, no technical questions and I doubt the interviewer would have understood anything anyways. I assume she was looking for keywords, was told I would get a call back the next week and never heard from them again. I am appalled at how unprofessional the whole thing was, seriously the least they could at least provide a polite rejection! I will not be applying to this company again.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Had an phone interview setup. They called at the correct time to tell me because they overlooked something on my resume, that I was no longer qualified and they'd be looking at other canidates. Thanks for wasting my time.

Field Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty swift, less than two weeks, saw the ad in newspaper and I called to get information, the manager asked me to come in for the application which I did and I was called for interview the following week

Negotiation

Non negotiable