EchoStar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist
Englewood, CO

I applied online - interviewed at EchoStar in July 2011.

Interview Details – I took a test online as part of the application process, before being called for the interview. The test is a weed out. After being called to interview, I went in and there was an onsite test to check basic abilities, it was multiple choice and timed. I interviewed with 3 people all asking questions. One person was the supervisor that I'd be working under. Then, I was told that they would contact me with a decision. I got a call within a week or two.

Interview Question – It's been a long time, so I don't remember many specific questions that they ask. I seem to remember that there were general questions about my work history and being asked to describe how I had handled prior work issues.   Answer Question

Program Manager II Interview

Program Manager II
Cheyenne, WY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in September 2011.

Interview Details – Excellent Interview. Very knowledge and personable. The position seems overwhelming and was able to talk through the details with the interviewers. Had a tour of the buildings. Quite easy going.

Interview Question – Knowing linux.   Answer Question

Senior Technician Interview

Senior Technician
Gilbert, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EchoStar in July 2012.

Interview Details – 2 long months of getting dragged through the interviewing slop, 2 phone interviews and 3 onsite interviews, online testing as well as an online stress test, they interviewed me like i was a convict in review for parole, i was grilled by 4 people about everything from how specific equipment was used to if i was bullied in high-school, it was very intense

Interview Question – the one i remember quite well because it seemed to be a trick question was "does rain reflect or absorb an RF signal"   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Embedded Software Engineer Intern Interview

Embedded Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – 1 on site interview

Interview Question – Fix bugs in a simple C code   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Software Engineer Internship
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EchoStar in March 2014.

Interview Details – One week before the internview, calling from Echostar asks to make an appointment to have the interview. Only have one phone call interview. During the interview, they focused on the projects listed in the resume. Ask if having some experience in programming language and which projects you used them. Offer comes 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Call Center Agent Interview

Call Center Agent
Denver, CO

I applied online and interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – This was a fairly easy interview, the management I met through the process were kind, but very distant. I understand why now. It is because the place is so difficult to work at with how the employees are treated that no one will close to anyone due to the constantly revolving door.

Interview Question – What is the one thing I find as a fault.   Answer Question

Lead Engineering Technician Interview

Lead Engineering Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – Quick turnaround if the recruiting team and department managers like you experience and education. Very friendly group to speak with and they know what questions to ask to determine if you really know what you are talking about. The panel interview was a conference call but with a large corporation that was expected.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EchoStar in April 2013.

Interview Details – - Call from Hiring Manager
- 1-1 nterview

Interview Question – - None as such   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
Christiansburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in June 2011.

Interview Details – Slow, took 4 weeks to call back

Interview Question – do you do drugs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Hardware Intern Interview

Hardware Intern
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at EchoStar in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first round of interviews were on the college campus. This interview took about 15 minutes and I was given a basic explanation of some of the design work that was done in Echostar and was asked some basic questions about my resume. About 2 weeks later I was asked to visit their company, which is also where the 2nd round of interview took place. This time I was also asked mostly questions regarding my resume. They approached me with an offer about a month after the interviews.

Interview Question – They asked me to recall a few specific details regarding a project I had completed several years back.   Answer Question

Worked for EchoStar? Contribute to the Community!