EchoStar

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.7

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at EchoStar.

This was a fairly easy interview, the management I met through the process were kind, but very distant. I understand why now. It is because the place is so difficult to work at with how the employees are treated that no one will close to anyone due to the constantly revolving door.

Lead Engineering Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar.

Quick turnaround if the recruiting team and department managers like you experience and education. Very friendly group to speak with and they know what questions to ask to determine if you really know what you are talking about. The panel interview was a conference call but with a large corporation that was expected.

Engineering Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at EchoStar.

Submit resume, application and personality test, wait 4 months, have a phone interview, wait 3 weeks. Go in for interview with manager and team members, and take mock test. Get told they want to hire you, but wait 2 weeks for HR to finalize it. Receive offer, reject it and wait 3 more weeks for counteroffer. It is a very convoluted process currently.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, seemed to be pulled from some generic website minutes before the interview.   Answer Question
    Always reject the first offer and counteroffer. They offer some piddly salary at first to see if you take it.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EchoStar.

Spoke to person in career fair, got reccommendation for particular position. Applied and got interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about projects, interests and described the daily roles   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar.

The whole process took 6+ weeks. An initial HR phone interview. Then 2 more phone interviews engineers and manager. Then finally a face to face interview with the team. The face to face interview was 3 hours long. The first hour was getting to know the team and the processes were like a regular interview. Then 1 and 1/2 hour of technical test.

Interview Questions
    • It is not important. The technical test would determine if you get the job or not.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Campus interview with hiring manager. They came to my school and asked about my programming experience, work experience, and just got to know me. As an entry level engineer with good grades, they just wanted to ensure I would be a good fit personality wise.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your programming or software experience/history.   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at EchoStar in August 2013.

After applying through a web portal, I received a call from HR asking for an initial telephonic screening. Then completed initial screen over phone done by HR.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation that you faced in your previous experience OR Tell me about a situation where you had to apologize to your supervisor because of a mistake committed by you.
      Which project was your favorite and why?
      What would you bring to this position if your are hired?
      Key strengths?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EchoStar in April 2013.

- Call from Hiring Manager
    - 1-1 nterview

Technical Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in April 2013.

I was contacted a few weeks after submitting my application online. I went through an initial phone interview followed by an in person panel interview, and finally a panel style phone interview at the end. Overall the process was great. Everyone from the person who called me initially, to the front desk, to the interviewers was pleasant, forthcoming, and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Would I deviate from established processes if I knew a better way or to save time, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

as far as I know, basically there will be at least 3 round of interviews. In the first round, you will be interviewed by HR. Just very simply background questions about yourself, your experiences etc. The second round phone interview will come from engineer. You will be asked very foundamental technical questions. The third round will be on-site. A group of engineers will interview you technical stuff.