EchoStar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester
Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at EchoStar in August 2013.

Interview Details – After applying through a web portal, I received a call from HR asking for an initial telephonic screening. Then completed initial screen over phone done by HR.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation that you faced in your previous experience OR Tell me about a situation where you had to apologize to your supervisor because of a mistake committed by you.
Which project was your favorite and why?
What would you bring to this position if your are hired?
Key strengths?
  Answer Question

Engineering Technician II Interview

Engineering Technician II
Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – Submit resume, application and personality test, wait 4 months, have a phone interview, wait 3 weeks. Go in for interview with manager and team members, and take mock test. Get told they want to hire you, but wait 2 weeks for HR to finalize it. Receive offer, reject it and wait 3 more weeks for counteroffer. It is a very convoluted process currently.

Interview Question – Standard questions, seemed to be pulled from some generic website minutes before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always reject the first offer and counteroffer. They offer some piddly salary at first to see if you take it.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – Spoke to person in career fair, got reccommendation for particular position. Applied and got interview.

Interview Question – Asked about projects, interests and described the daily roles   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview Details – The whole process took 6+ weeks. An initial HR phone interview. Then 2 more phone interviews engineers and manager. Then finally a face to face interview with the team. The face to face interview was 3 hours long. The first hour was getting to know the team and the processes were like a regular interview. Then 1 and 1/2 hour of technical test.

Interview Question – It is not important. The technical test would determine if you get the job or not.   Answer Question

Master Sales Coach Interview

Master Sales Coach
Littleton, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was "back doored" in by corporate. Still, the interview questions are standard behavioral based questions that you will get in any interview. Know CSG and be able to fog a mirror and the will hire you would expect in this sort of company. If you've been in a call center none of it will shock you

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected or difficult, mostly what you would expect in a call center interview. Tell me a time when you improved this, tell me a time when you didn't agree with something, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard offer letter after interview

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

Interviewed at EchoStar

Interview Details – Campus interview with hiring manager. They came to my school and asked about my programming experience, work experience, and just got to know me. As an entry level engineer with good grades, they just wanted to ensure I would be a good fit personality wise.

Interview Question – Tell me about your programming or software experience/history.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Thornton, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in September 2009.

Interview Details – -Application filled out on site using company computers. Including testing took approx. an hour and a half.
-Interview date set at conclusion of application.
-Interview consists of meetings with 2 HR personnel.
-Job offered after meeting 2nd HR employee.

Interview Question – Same questions you get at any other entry level job interview(What was your greatest challenge?, questions about relationship with prior superiors, etc.).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you get what you're offered. The rate of advancement once you've proven yourself makes this a little easier to handle.

Technical Specialist II Interview

Technical Specialist II
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted a few weeks after submitting my application online. I went through an initial phone interview followed by an in person panel interview, and finally a panel style phone interview at the end. Overall the process was great. Everyone from the person who called me initially, to the front desk, to the interviewers was pleasant, forthcoming, and helpful.

Interview Question – Would I deviate from established processes if I knew a better way or to save time, etc.   Answer Question

Spacecraft Intern Interview

Spacecraft Intern
Gilbert, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, which was the typical HR style question.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you had in engineering school?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

Interview Details – as far as I know, basically there will be at least 3 round of interviews. In the first round, you will be interviewed by HR. Just very simply background questions about yourself, your experiences etc. The second round phone interview will come from engineer. You will be asked very foundamental technical questions. The third round will be on-site. A group of engineers will interview you technical stuff.

Interview Question – How to use threads in protocol implementation?   Answer Question