EchoStar

2.7

Technical Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in April 2013.

I was contacted a few weeks after submitting my application online. I went through an initial phone interview followed by an in person panel interview, and finally a panel style phone interview at the end. Overall the process was great. Everyone from the person who called me initially, to the front desk, to the interviewers was pleasant, forthcoming, and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Would I deviate from established processes if I knew a better way or to save time, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

as far as I know, basically there will be at least 3 round of interviews. In the first round, you will be interviewed by HR. Just very simply background questions about yourself, your experiences etc. The second round phone interview will come from engineer. You will be asked very foundamental technical questions. The third round will be on-site. A group of engineers will interview you technical stuff.

Spacecraft Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

Had a phone interview, which was the typical HR style question.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you had in engineering school?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar.

I interviewed with Echostar when the came to my schools career fair.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EchoStar.

Three or four interviews. Staffing Manager, HR Rep (Peer), VP of HR. They look for education, promotability, work ethic (willing to put in the hours eve/weekends) VP of HR is a genuinely nice person, or used to be.

They agreed to slightly more, not much, then said they would consider more at review time six month later. They kept to their word and gave me more at that time.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in October 2012.

It was well-organized. There were six candidates and we were brought in for breakfast before being split up into two groups - one group had their interviews while the other was given a tour of the facilities. Lunch followed with the team and the groups were switched, after which we were given a small product demonstration, an overview of the benefits offered, before we were let go for the day.

My interview in itself was based on my resume for the most part, with some C code analysis thrown in.

I'm still waiting on their decision to be made.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time where you were required to work on behalf of other members of your team?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EchoStar in September 2012.

Met them at the Career Fair. Ended talking with them at the fair for around 45 minutes. With Echostar, be prepared for a technical interview. The interview itself was relaxed. They ask you about the items you put on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Please write some code to show you would implement a Singleton Pattern.   Answer Question

Senior Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EchoStar in July 2012.

2 long months of getting dragged through the interviewing slop, 2 phone interviews and 3 onsite interviews, online testing as well as an online stress test, they interviewed me like i was a convict in review for parole, i was grilled by 4 people about everything from how specific equipment was used to if i was bullied in high-school, it was very intense

Interview Questions
    • the one i remember quite well because it seemed to be a trick question was "does rain reflect or absorb an RF signal"   View Answers (2)
    there was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EchoStar in October 2011.

The process started my schools (Clemson) career fair. After Talking to the two representatives they took my resume and invited me to an on campus interview the next day. Most of the questions were based off my resume with few technical questions. A few weeks later I received an email inviting me to their "career day" where they brought in about 15 other interviewees. They split us into two groups and interviewed the first group and gave the second group a tour and had them fill out some paper work. Then the two groups switched. We were fed lunch then it was over around 2pm.

The technical questions asked were along the lines of

Question: What happens when you try to free a null pointer

Question: What is the difference between a process and a thread

Question: What is the difference between the stack and the heap

Question: What is "yoda conditions"
       Answer: this is an obscure question so i'll provide an answer.

Normally you'd write an if conditional like this: if( ch1 == '_' ); however, if you use yoda conditions "if('_' == ch1) { ... }" it allows the compiler to catch the occasional typo "if('_' = ch1) { ..}" i.e. the compiler will say you cannot assign a value to a constant thus catching your error (not typing if('_' == ch1)).

Also they gave us a print out of a program with several errors and we had to identify them all and give suggestions on how to correct them. Make you know what a unit8 is and how using that could be bad for processing a string.

Interview Questions
    • What happens when you try to free a null pointer   View Answer
    • What is the difference between a process and a thread   View Answer
    • What is the difference between the stack and the heap   View Answer
    • What is the deference between a semaphore and a mutex   View Answers (2)

Had a better offer with a better company

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in September 2011.

Excellent Interview. Very knowledge and personable. The position seems overwhelming and was able to talk through the details with the interviewers. Had a tour of the buildings. Quite easy going.