EchoStar Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.7

Engineering Intern Interview

Campus interview with hiring manager. They came to my school and asked about my programming experience, work experience, and just got to know me. As an entry level engineer with good grades, they just wanted to ensure I would be a good fit personality wise.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your programming or software experience/history.   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at EchoStar in August 2013.

After applying through a web portal, I received a call from HR asking for an initial telephonic screening. Then completed initial screen over phone done by HR.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation that you faced in your previous experience OR Tell me about a situation where you had to apologize to your supervisor because of a mistake committed by you.
      Which project was your favorite and why?
      What would you bring to this position if your are hired?
      Key strengths?

Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EchoStar in April 2013.

- Call from Hiring Manager
    - 1-1 nterview

Technical Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in April 2013.

I was contacted a few weeks after submitting my application online. I went through an initial phone interview followed by an in person panel interview, and finally a panel style phone interview at the end. Overall the process was great. Everyone from the person who called me initially, to the front desk, to the interviewers was pleasant, forthcoming, and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Would I deviate from established processes if I knew a better way or to save time, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

as far as I know, basically there will be at least 3 round of interviews. In the first round, you will be interviewed by HR. Just very simply background questions about yourself, your experiences etc. The second round phone interview will come from engineer. You will be asked very foundamental technical questions. The third round will be on-site. A group of engineers will interview you technical stuff.

Spacecraft Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

Had a phone interview, which was the typical HR style question.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you had in engineering school?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar.

I interviewed with Echostar when the came to my schools career fair.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EchoStar.

Three or four interviews. Staffing Manager, HR Rep (Peer), VP of HR. They look for education, promotability, work ethic (willing to put in the hours eve/weekends) VP of HR is a genuinely nice person, or used to be.

They agreed to slightly more, not much, then said they would consider more at review time six month later. They kept to their word and gave me more at that time.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in October 2012.

It was well-organized. There were six candidates and we were brought in for breakfast before being split up into two groups - one group had their interviews while the other was given a tour of the facilities. Lunch followed with the team and the groups were switched, after which we were given a small product demonstration, an overview of the benefits offered, before we were let go for the day.

My interview in itself was based on my resume for the most part, with some C code analysis thrown in.

I'm still waiting on their decision to be made.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time where you were required to work on behalf of other members of your team?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EchoStar in September 2012.

Met them at the Career Fair. Ended talking with them at the fair for around 45 minutes. With Echostar, be prepared for a technical interview. The interview itself was relaxed. They ask you about the items you put on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Please write some code to show you would implement a Singleton Pattern.   Answer Question