EchoStar Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.7

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EchoStar in January 2009.

I was initially interviewed over the phone, then brought in for an interview with a manager, and then asked to come back for an interview with co-workers on the team. I was then asked to meet the VP of the group. There were the usual questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no opportunity to negotiate. I was told this was the only offer I would receive. I would advise doing your homework and having your facts in hand on typical salaries for this position, and to indicate if you need more money or other concessions. Benefits are not the best and this company tends to underpay many of its employees (below industry standards). Pay can be tied to job titles, which may not align with your real job duties but need to match up to job titles in their system.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in September 2010.

Odd interview process. Initial screen was an online IQ test which took approx 2 hours to complete. Although I was interviewing for a management position, I suspect they probably administer this same test to everyone from call center employees to directors. Second interview was a technical phone screen which start with a series of basic programming skills questions, but after it became clear I was competent, mostly turned into a what projects have you worked on discussion. Onsite interview consisted of another IQ test, followed by a panel interview with a senior manager and two first line "managers" who probably would not have qualified as team leads in previous companies I had worked. HR contacts had declined to discuss reporting structure or salary range prior to the interview, but it became clear early in the interview that we had a disconnect on seniority level. They also distributed their benefits package to me, which indicated they covered 50% of the employees health insurance, provided up to a 2% 401k match, and no bonuses, stock options, or comp time.

Good luck guys.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the things you might consider when designing a database?   View Answer

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in March 2010.

Consisted of 2 phone conference interviews, no face interview. Both phone interviews consisted of behavioral interview questions. The first interview consisted of a manager and team member, the second consisted of two managers. Inquiry of technical skills pertaining to Microsoft Office as well as related industry experience. Lack of communication, expectations, and direction within the department; no department-specific job training offered. No prior goal or project established. Internship did offer some perks that a regular new hire wouldn't receive such as: Low Ropes leadership and team building, company specific training courses, and company networking opportunities. Employees did not seem to have a positive attitude about their company; numerous employees warned to consider other opportunities. Culture was confusing and indecisive. At first the department expected 45 hours per week, then it was stated from another internal source not to work over 40 due to being an hourly employee.

Interview Questions
    • various behavioral questions were asked. "Tell me about a time when..."   View Answer
    Housing was negotiated to be provided separate to pay.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EchoStar in March 2009.

This is an interview for Hardware Engineering Intern for Echostar. It was very behavioral. Was asked questions related my resume only.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheyenne, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in January 2011.

I had two phone interviews last around an hour each. After the second interview I made numerous attempts to speak to someone regarding the position without any luck. The managing engineer kept saying he would call back, but that they were extremely busy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the communications protocol used for satellite communication.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at EchoStar in November 2008.

I was called for an on-site interview. I was interviewed by 2 engineers for the Software Engineering position. I was asked some puzzle type question, eg. If there are 13 identical looking balls, and all except for one weigh the same, how will you tell which one? I was also asked some basic C programming questions. Mostly data structures and thread related.

Interview Questions
    • After the interviewers introduced themselves, they asked me to repeat their names.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

The process took 3 days - interviewed at EchoStar in May 2010.

Very good interview process. I had a phone interview followed by a one on one interview which was followed by an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of three interviews. I was asked questions like
    1) Linux questions, like child processes etc.
    2) Some basic data structure questions.
    3) Network based questions, such as how routing works, how do you deal with low bandwidth scenarios etc...

Senior Compresstion Techniction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EchoStar in March 2009.

1st contact was through E-Mail referal. Hiring Manager contacted me and performed phone interview. came in for a 1on 1 and phone igroup nterview w/ senior management. Questions pertained to my knowledge base w/ industry specific test like questions. Other questions were typical self evaluation type of questions. Performed wonderlick IQ test. Drug Screening prior to offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your most difficult decision and describe the results of this decision.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EchoStar in May 2009.

The initial interview was at a college recruiting fair. It was basic, general educational/work background. After a month, I was flown out to Denver for on-site interview. There I had a number of 1:1 interviews, a couple competency tests, and a 2 hour group interview where I was insulted by one of the participants numerous times. Very uncomfortable environment

Interview Questions
    • From looking at your resume it appears you just go along with whatever anyone tells you to do, so why are you here?   View Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at EchoStar in November 2008.

Saw an ad in the newspaper. There was a open house interview date. At the open house an application form was filled. Followed immediately by a panel interview and a one on one interview.

A technical talk on past projects. A discussion on interest in working on linux platforms. The match was for a embedded engineer therefore ability to work with both hardware and software was discussed.

Following the Job offer mandatory criminal and drug tests are conducted.

Interview Questions
    No not really. Salary is below average