EchoStar Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Applied through college and Got a 1 hour long phone interview. Average technical questions in Java, DBMS, Linux. Was told they would get back to me in a couple days. Got a reject after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EchoStar

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at EchoStar in March 2015.

Interview

Echostar came to our university. Did a small interview there asked a programing question, I wrote the code then they asked me to apply on some specific requisition numbers. Applied and got call for telephonic interview. The same person took my interview the one met in career fair, Interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Basic java questions(oops, collections etc) and MySql questions, then 1 coding question (Simple) and few mySql queries to write from given tables.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in December 2014.

Interview

Received a very short call from hr asking very basic questions, no technical questions and I doubt the interviewer would have understood anything anyways. I assume she was looking for keywords, was told I would get a call back the next week and never heard from them again. I am appalled at how unprofessional the whole thing was, seriously the least they could at least provide a polite rejection! I will not be applying to this company again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

Interview

as far as I know, basically there will be at least 3 round of interviews. In the first round, you will be interviewed by HR. Just very simply background questions about yourself, your experiences etc. The second round phone interview will come from engineer. You will be asked very foundamental technical questions. The third round will be on-site. A group of engineers will interview you technical stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO) in November 2008.

Interview

I was called for an on-site interview. I was interviewed by 2 engineers for the Software Engineering position. I was asked some puzzle type question, eg. If there are 13 identical looking balls, and all except for one weigh the same, how will you tell which one? I was also asked some basic C programming questions. Mostly data structures and thread related.

Interview Questions

• After the interviewers introduced themselves, they asked me to repeat their names.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

It was a 30-minute on-campus interview after talking in a college career fair. 2 people from the company interviewed me, and I got to talk about the experience from research and class projects.

Interview Questions

• I had to explain in details about several aspects of the work I have done for research and class projects, some in very detail.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EchoStar in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview for 40 minutes, online IQ/behavior test a few days later. On-site interview for 4 hours a month later. Met with 2 managers and 2 engineers. Asked about C, Linux, Satcom. They showed me some C programs and asked me what was wrong with it, and then written C test. The managers and engineers seem nice to work with. HR is unreasonable. Got the offer the next day. The whole recruiting process looks like they are doing me a favor to make me work there.

Interview Questions

This company is cheap even on little things. The recruiter is not willing to make any concessions. Offer is below par. Health insurance is extremely bad. No sign-on and relocation is only 3000$ lump-sum.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EchoStar in October 2008.

Interview

Met with the Echostar representatives at the University Career Fair. They called up the same evening and asked me to come in for an interview the next day. I was asked questions regarding my projects in C and was also given a few puzzles to solve.

Interview Questions

• In a linked list, how would you remove an element that lies somewhere in the middle?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharkiv (Ukraine)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at EchoStar (Kharkiv (Ukraine)) in August 2008.

Interview

The questions were mainly on C programming language, general knowledge of RTOS, mutexes and semaphores. Most typical question is to write a function in C that would print out the number from 50 to 1. The interview was in English, but for those who don't speak English well the interviewers will switch to Russian. In general - quite an easy interview if coming prepared.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about RTOS?   1 Answer
    • Difference between mutexes and semaphores? When and why are they used?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not much of negotiation. Everyone is offered the same salary and most everyone excepts the offer. I have no knowledge of cases when a candidate was offered not a standard salary rate.