EchoStar Software Engineer Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

as far as I know, basically there will be at least 3 round of interviews. In the first round, you will be interviewed by HR. Just very simply background questions about yourself, your experiences etc. The second round phone interview will come from engineer. You will be asked very foundamental technical questions. The third round will be on-site. A group of engineers will interview you technical stuff.

Other Interview Reviews for EchoStar

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at EchoStar in November 2008.

I was called for an on-site interview. I was interviewed by 2 engineers for the Software Engineering position. I was asked some puzzle type question, eg. If there are 13 identical looking balls, and all except for one weigh the same, how will you tell which one? I was also asked some basic C programming questions. Mostly data structures and thread related.

Interview Questions
    • After the interviewers introduced themselves, they asked me to repeat their names.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EchoStar.

It was a 30-minute on-campus interview after talking in a college career fair. 2 people from the company interviewed me, and I got to talk about the experience from research and class projects.

Interview Questions
    • I had to explain in details about several aspects of the work I have done for research and class projects, some in very detail.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EchoStar in October 2011.

Phone interview for 40 minutes, online IQ/behavior test a few days later. On-site interview for 4 hours a month later. Met with 2 managers and 2 engineers. Asked about C, Linux, Satcom. They showed me some C programs and asked me what was wrong with it, and then written C test. The managers and engineers seem nice to work with. HR is unreasonable. Got the offer the next day. The whole recruiting process looks like they are doing me a favor to make me work there.

Interview Questions

This company is cheap even on little things. The recruiter is not willing to make any concessions. Offer is below par. Health insurance is extremely bad. No sign-on and relocation is only 3000$ lump-sum.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at EchoStar in October 2008.

Met with the Echostar representatives at the University Career Fair. They called up the same evening and asked me to come in for an interview the next day. I was asked questions regarding my projects in C and was also given a few puzzles to solve.

Interview Questions
    • In a linked list, how would you remove an element that lies somewhere in the middle?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kharkiv (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharkiv (Ukraine)

The process took a day - interviewed at EchoStar in August 2008.

The questions were mainly on C programming language, general knowledge of RTOS, mutexes and semaphores. Most typical question is to write a function in C that would print out the number from 50 to 1. The interview was in English, but for those who don't speak English well the interviewers will switch to Russian. In general - quite an easy interview if coming prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about RTOS?   View Answer
    • Difference between mutexes and semaphores? When and why are they used?   Answer Question
    There is not much of negotiation. Everyone is offered the same salary and most everyone excepts the offer. I have no knowledge of cases when a candidate was offered not a standard salary rate.

Worked for EchoStar? Contribute to the Community!