Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Pest Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Detroit, MI).

Interview

phone screening and 2 interviews I did not think it was difficult but I also thought I was applying for a different job it was very vague it i a good old boys thing not many females the interviews wore not very formal

Legal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Process was through my law school so I did not have to interview with the company directly. I did need to show experience and demonstrated interest in the legal work that they do.

Interview Questions

• What experience and skills would translate to regulatory work.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

First contact/interview was through a job fair. Second interview over the phone with district manager. Third interview in person with district manager. Then rode along for a day with a current employee. HR phone interview, then hot/cold contact with district manager for 2 months. Lots of delayed or altogether broken promises. Overall, interview/process seemed neverending, but the kicker was the lack of common courtesy in telling me straight-up when they were going to make up their minds and sticking to their promises. I'd have to say I'm disappointed with the people, and I'm glad I saw their true colors before ever having the chance to with for them.

Route Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Washington, DC).

Interview

4 Step Process 1) Phone Screening 2) Panel Interview 3) Regional Manager Interview 4) Ride Along with Current Route Manager - If you get to the ride along, your basically in. Just dont act arrogant or immature and you will be well percieved. Remember the ride along is still an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any mechanical background?   1 Answer

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Horrible process and even after outstanding feedback from hiring manager no response later. Even after multiple follow-ups there was no response. They should have the courtesy to let the candidate know what they are no longer interested. Horrible experience. Others should be wary of specific timeline of when the next steps would be taken and when they expect to hear back, if at all.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job an want to leave your precious job   1 Answer

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Phone interview or two, and then meeting with supervisor and/or team you would be working for. It will sometimes take a while for the phone interview and initial contact to take place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't sell yourself short. Ask what you are worth in the Marketplace. Start high and then negotiate. If you start low, you will just be hurting yourself.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

It was a very Long process. Expect to wait at least a month and go through multiple interviews. Full background and driver check. Must have clean driving record and drug test. Great, solid company to work for. I plan on staying for many years and retiring from Ecolab.

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Atlantic City, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was an interview with two managers to test your customer service skills along with your technical skills. They explain a lot about the company to include what they expect about the company

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Process consisted of an initial phone screen followed my a series of face-to-face interviews. The final interview was conducted on the phone. The questions were mostly scenario based and required thoughtful answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need for negotiation as the offer and benefit package were more than fair.

District Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Decatur, TX).

Interview

Phone interview and screening was first step Brought in with a panel of about 5 people in the room as next step in a room where they were able to all ask what they wanted to know about me and gave me a brief overview of the position.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience do you have in the oil and gas field and what do you know about Nalco Champion as a company   1 Answer