Ecolab Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2014
100 interviews

2.9

Route Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 10 months - interviewed at Ecolab.

Quite Long ... Phone Interview, DM Interview if you pass phone interview. Ride along with rep (generally won't let you ride with experienced honest associates) where you are encouraged to ask questions and see if you think the job is for you. The RSM position is very mechanical versus sales. There is overtime (you don't get paid for that as Ecolab feels that because you get paid commision, you get paid 24/7/365.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult or unexpected questions. You must have sales and mechanical experience. This is especially important for RSM as it is much more mechanical than sales. Most sales are already made for you.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation. Ecolab has an attitude that if you don't like it, we can find someone else.

Management Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

Very nice people at corporate, took care of everything to come interview They flew me in and gave me an interview after several phone interviews. they were very upfront about the situation.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ecolab in March 2014.

The interview process starts with telephone interviews that are quite extensive. Once past that, you will have face to face interviews with several VP Executives and Higher. If you get past this, you will then be required to take a Caliper Test. Then you will be sent to Corporate for a full day of extensive interviewing

Marketing Associate Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Ecolab.

Was hired after temping for them for six months, their hiring process is not fast, it takes a while to get approval for the person depending on the position. The interviews were not difficult, but they were scheduled for a full day of interview.

Yes, negotiation are possible

Pest Control Technician Interview

Fast response to my application, human resources did a phone interview, then one in the office with a manger then a ride along, seemed like everything was good then no contact.

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were difficult, it seemed more geared towards turning me away from the job   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ecolab in March 2012.

Thorough interview process including a ride along. This is a great opportunity to see how the job works and the added opportunity to ask questions with individuals in the field, and not a managers view of the job.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ecolab in October 2010.

I personally did an internship before being hired full time by the company. Usually a typical interview process will go through the district manager and if they think you are a good fit you will go on a ride along for a day to see what a "typical" day will look like.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot about my knowledge of tools and systems more than I was about my sales experience.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

It took about 3 weeks total from beginning to end for the interview process. I applied on Indeed.com, HR contacted me 2 weeks later, I interviewed with the Area Manager and District Manager then had to do a shadowing of an employee to see if I'd enjoy the job.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was more to see if I could fit in with the company. They didn't ask the normal what is your weakness, your strength questions. They sincerely wanted to get to you you as a person.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

Arduous at best

Interview Questions
    • How do resolve internal conflict amongst management with field sales staff?   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williamsport, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Ecolab in January 2014.

4 interviews, initial screen, 2 phone subsequent interviews

No negotiation

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!