Ecolab

Average Difficulty
100 candidate interviews

Black Belt Interview

Black Belt

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ecolab in January 2010.

Interview Details – I initially applied for the position six months prior, with no contact from the company. I then saw a similar position posted by HR on LinkedIn. I inquired and foun d out it was the same position. The HR recruiter immediately contacted tme to set-up an initial interview for the following week. She called back the same day to also set-up a technical interview for the day after the inital interview. She told me their process is normally: initial phone, technical panel interview ((via phone), onsite at facility location, then interview with director-level at headquarters. My resume was already in the system. The technical people reviewed it and said they wanted to talk to me and to set-up the interview even before I had the initial interview.

Initial interview went fine. Typical behavioral questions. Direction in the background/experiences they were looking for had changed, so that's why the position was open so long. I was told they concentrate on one candidate at a time.

Technical inteview was with Master Black Belt and Deployment Director. Both were on th phone at the same time. I answered questions and walked through a Six Sigma Project with the Director. Then the MBB asked me questions specific to Lean/Six Sigma methadology.

Interview Questions

Route Manager Interview

Route Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in March 2008.

Interview Details – After several interviews and a ride along with one of the route managers a background check was performed and I was offered the position

Interview Question – describe a difficult customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – able to negotiate a salary of $45.000 a year after the initial offer of $40.000.

Anonymous Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ecolab in April 2011.

Interview Details – Sent my resume on Sunday, received a call to schedule a phone interview on Monday. The girl from HR was very nice. She sent me the info and the test I was to take before my interview. I don't think they sent me the right test. It was more geared toward a financial analyst position ( not sales), and the questions were difficult. I guess I passed since I still had the phone interview. He was not friendly, rushed me off the phone because he had a meeting.

Interview Question – He jst asked about what I was currently doing at my job.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in October 2010.

Interview Details – On campus interview and was flown to the headquarters. They have a recruitment day where they bring in 10-12 potential candidates. The whole process was handled with class and a great day.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Ultimately received a better offer with a higher salary and more travel options.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Ecolab in January 2010.

Interview Details – My first interview was a phone interview with the HR recruiter from Ecolab. My next interview was with the VP of Sales for the West Region and the Southwest District Manager. I had a second interview with the VP of Sales for the West Region and the Southwest District Manager. Then I had to wait 3 months before being called. Then I was asked to complete at 500 question personality and aptitude test, which consisted of college level math problems as well. I was also asked to complete a writing assignment, which had me describe previous sales success. This was a lengthy writing assignment.

Ecolab then flew me to Las Vegas and had me interview with the General Manager of Sales, the Vice President of U.S. sales, the Vice President of Corporate Accounts and a Corporate Accounts Manager. Then I was asked to walk a trade show for their industry.

I was then asked to complete a drug test, background check and a physical. I met all requirements and was finally offered a job as a Senior Account Executive. I accepted the offer after a six month interview process.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell an item based on a consultative sales process in which I introduce my value proposition.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate and was informed up front that salaries were not negotiable. I was pleased with the offer and the outstanding company benefits.

Technician Interview

Technician

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process as of now is great. I have heard alot about this company and the starting pay is pretty good. At least coming right out of technician school.

Interview Question – Twll me about a time and be specific. When there was an angry customer and what you did to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Blended Territory Manager Interview

Blended Territory Manager
Provo, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – Be Clean Sharp attentive, Expect to do a ride along! Try to do what the trainer shows you without being ask. Learn the 5 factors of clean,
1 Time
2 Temperature
3 Wash Action
4 chemical
5 Proper Procedures!
Have fun! If its something you're interested in ask questions, understand the word titration!
Have a Plan execute the Plan.

Interview Question – Know electricity Safety, Lock out Tag out! Always wear a Tie and white shirt, this may change after you're hired!   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – Long process with multiple interviews with different people. Some were informal while others were behavioral (give me a scenario of when you did xyz).Time consuming and draining.

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Miami, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ecolab in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very long ( about 6 months), lots of technical and psychological tests, several interviews, the first with HR, which is vital and useless, because they can shut you down, but once you pass trough them the decision is made by the hiring manager, the position is a SALES position, where you also need to have or be able to learn a lot of technicalities, about the position

Interview Question – On my final interview I was asked by the Area Manager:
What is the thing that like LEAST, of working here?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a $30,000/ year base salary, but was able to push it up to $36,000

Route Sales Manager Interview

Route Sales Manager
Concord, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in May 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume' online via monster.com. Received a phone call from an Ecolab HR recruiter 3 days later. I spent 1 hour on the phone with them 2 days later interviewing for the company. It was more or less a screening for an interview to judge if I was intelligent and had adequate people skills. I was told that I would be hearing from a District Manager in a few days to set up an interview. 2 or 3 days passed by and received an email from the DM to call him so I could set up a time to interview with him. The interview went very well and the DM was very professional but made me feel comfortable.I was then asked to interview with the Area Manager a couple of days later. I was then asked to take a physical and drug screen. I was hired roughly 3 weeks after I applied for the position.

Interview Question – No real difficult or unexpected quesstions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is what we are going to pay you, take it or leave it.

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!