Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab in August 2014.

Interview

It was a complete joke. There was zero communication between the various departments. It is very obvious it's a god ole boys network. Human Resources was completely clueless. The only reason in which HR was involved was because they wanted to feel important. This was the exact words out of the Regional Managers mouth.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior based questions. Tell me about a time.   Answer Question

Senior Area Manager - South East Asia Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2012.

Interview

2 sessions of initial interviews, 1 session of skill test and 1 final interview.

Interview Questions

• Skill tests involving 100 questions to test various topics including leadership skill, communication skill and people skill.   Answer Question

Negotiation

compensation package besides salary, including car and hospitalization plan.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Long process with multiple interviews with different people. Some were informal while others were behavioral (give me a scenario of when you did xyz).Time consuming and draining.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

It's a lengthy process from the time you interview to the time you get hire on. Ecolab likes to have the candidate interview with 5 different people on the same day. Each person that you interview with asked different questions and serve a different purpose. Be prepare and sound sincerely in your answers.

Route Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

It took 5 interviews and a ride along, then they told me I had to wait 2 months before I could start. When I started my trainer was on vacation and I was put with a guy who had only been with the company for 6 months or so. My boss had VERY little contact with me leaving me to the trainers way of doing things. Worst 4 months (thats how long training is) of my life. A lot of whole lies and half truths...

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions... my boss isn't great at thinking outside of the box, unless it helps himself   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make the pay so confusing, you will never FULLY understand it, and you will get boned at some point.

Route Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Concord, NH) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted a resume' online via monster.com. Received a phone call from an Ecolab HR recruiter 3 days later. I spent 1 hour on the phone with them 2 days later interviewing for the company. It was more or less a screening for an interview to judge if I was intelligent and had adequate people skills. I was told that I would be hearing from a District Manager in a few days to set up an interview. 2 or 3 days passed by and received an email from the DM to call him so I could set up a time to interview with him. The interview went very well and the DM was very professional but made me feel comfortable.I was then asked to interview with the Area Manager a couple of days later. I was then asked to take a physical and drug screen. I was hired roughly 3 weeks after I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected quesstions   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is what we are going to pay you, take it or leave it.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Miami, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Very long ( about 6 months), lots of technical and psychological tests, several interviews, the first with HR, which is vital and useless, because they can shut you down, but once you pass trough them the decision is made by the hiring manager, the position is a SALES position, where you also need to have or be able to learn a lot of technicalities, about the position

Interview Questions

• On my final interview I was asked by the Area Manager: What is the thing that like LEAST, of working here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a $30,000/ year base salary, but was able to push it up to $36,000

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Naperville, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview day was long, lasted from 8:00-3:30. I gave an hour presentation on previous work, and then had 30 minute interviews with about 8 people. The individual interviews were fairly informal, nothing too technical.

Interview Questions

• tell us a time at your old job where you faced a particularly large obstacle or challenge , and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Black Belt Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab in January 2010.

Interview

I initially applied for the position six months prior, with no contact from the company. I then saw a similar position posted by HR on LinkedIn. I inquired and foun d out it was the same position. The HR recruiter immediately contacted tme to set-up an initial interview for the following week. She called back the same day to also set-up a technical interview for the day after the inital interview. She told me their process is normally: initial phone, technical panel interview ((via phone), onsite at facility location, then interview with director-level at headquarters. My resume was already in the system. The technical people reviewed it and said they wanted to talk to me and to set-up the interview even before I had the initial interview. Initial interview went fine. Typical behavioral questions. Direction in the background/experiences they were looking for had changed, so that's why the position was open so long. I was told they concentrate on one candidate at a time. Technical inteview was with Master Black Belt and Deployment Director. Both were on th phone at the same time. I answered questions and walked through a Six Sigma Project with the Director. Then the MBB asked me questions specific to Lean/Six Sigma methadology.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Lincolnshire, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

On campus interview and was flown to the headquarters. They have a recruitment day where they bring in 10-12 potential candidates. The whole process was handled with class and a great day.

Interview Questions

Ultimately received a better offer with a higher salary and more travel options.