Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014
Updated Aug 30, 2014

2.9

Territory Sales Manager Interview

The same as any other professional interview. Be sharp and ready for anything.

Manager In Training Post College Interview

Normal interview, 3 or 4 behavioral questions, some questions over your experience/ resume

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to be mechanically minded to solve a problem   Answer Question

Street Sales Development Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ecolab.

Long and thorough.

One-sided. Kinda take it or leave it

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ecolab.

Met with a recruiter on campus and was able to get an interview over the phone the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time in which you had to change priorities in the middle of a project.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ecolab.

I had an initial one on one interview on campus with a recruiter and an HR manager. Interview was fairly laid back. Questions included a few behavioral type questions as well as some general background information about yourself and previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a conflict that you had to resolve? and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

Minimal in a hotel lobby

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

Interviews are typically done in a hotel room. If they ask you leave in the first 10 minutes you didn't get the job. If they like you, you do a ride along for half a day with no pay. If you pass the ride along you have a second interview with mid level manager.

they give you an offer, take it or leave it

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ecolab.

Took my resume at my college's career fair and was asked to come in for an interview. Interview was about 10 different situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • All situational questions about showing leadership, fixing a problem, working with others, etc. These questions were all very similar so it was hard to give a different answer for each.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I had two rounds of interview. One with technical lead and one with hiring manager. Technical lead asked me about all the technologies I worked and asked to solve some sample problems. Manager asked me generally about how i get involved with the team, do I like work as a team or individual. I answered satisfactory and was given the job in one week.,

Interview Questions
    • I did not feel that there was any unexpected questions or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Executive Supply Chain Position Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ecolab.

The initial phone interview was with a person in the recruiting department. Ecolab likes to understand current compensation levels and requirements up front. The initial face-to-face interview was with the hiring manager. This interview was focused on qualifications and fit. The next rounds of interviews consisted of two 1/2 days in the office speaking with folks on the team and key stakeholders. Each interview was a little different but generally focused on skills and fit. I interviewed with 10 employee total. At this point the interviews were finished but Ecolab also required a comprehensive professional assessment for this job band, which consisted of personality profiling, critical reason/logic/quantitative tests/vocabulary tests, a business case study which consisted of timed written assignments and a live mock interview, and an interview with their 3rd party team (about 12 hours of total time).

The offer process was very long and required additional internal approvals which apparently are not granted with the initial job req. The time between their decision to make an offer and the final reply was about three weeks. Unfortunately, their final reply was to halt the offer process. No explanation was provided and none of my follow up inquiries were responded to. They went from preparing my offer package to going completely silent and unresponsive. I was disappointed in the way handled the conclusion of the process.

All that said, those interviewing with Ecolab should understand that an Ecolab offer is not a guaranteed job. I recommend you balance that fact against other potential job offers and respective decision deadlines that you may have available. I turned down a great offer in anticipation of the Ecolab offer and did not end up with either position.

Interview Questions
    • Ecolab likes to hold all the card for compensation negotiation. I was surprised how much detail they required on current and previous compensation packages. They did not want to be the first to propose salary and bonus numbers.   Answer Question

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!