Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.8

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Easy, well coordinated. I had the opportunity to interview with all the lawyers and also the general counsel. Then, they called me a few days later and made an offer. They gave me time to quit my other job.

Pest Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Detroit, MI).

Interview

phone screening and 2 interviews I did not think it was difficult but I also thought I was applying for a different job it was very vague it i a good old boys thing not many females the interviews wore not very formal

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Horrible process and even after outstanding feedback from hiring manager no response later. Even after multiple follow-ups there was no response. They should have the courtesy to let the candidate know what they are no longer interested. Horrible experience. Others should be wary of specific timeline of when the next steps would be taken and when they expect to hear back, if at all.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job an want to leave your precious job   1 Answer

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Atlantic City, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

It was an interview with two managers to test your customer service skills along with your technical skills. They explain a lot about the company to include what they expect about the company

Legal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Process was through my law school so I did not have to interview with the company directly. I did need to show experience and demonstrated interest in the legal work that they do.

Interview Questions

• What experience and skills would translate to regulatory work.   Answer Question

Manager Financial Analyst Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

I attended one day career interview event and got interviewed with three different people during that day. They were all from different finance functions from the company. Each interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes and most of the questions were generic questions, not many tough ones. The second of the day, they took you to a R&D center and showed you the history of the company. No written test was required for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me how you accomplish a big project and how do you overcame the challenges.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab in February 2011.

Interview

Extensive interview. 1 by phone and 2 in person as well an assessment test. Interviewed with different levels of management. The questions were not difficult and the setting for the interview was comfortable. Before you get hired, you are asked to spend a day in the field to see what takes place in the field.

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ecolab (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in May 2015.

Interview

One whole day assessment. They were eliminating candidates after each round. They try to make in intensive, but you are confident enough, should not be be a problem. In the assessment they have aptitude test, presentation, group work, and an interview, all them were easy if you are confident

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me one month (extendable) internship with 4000AED salary

Route Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Washington, DC).

Interview

4 Step Process 1) Phone Screening 2) Panel Interview 3) Regional Manager Interview 4) Ride Along with Current Route Manager - If you get to the ride along, your basically in. Just dont act arrogant or immature and you will be well percieved. Remember the ride along is still an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any mechanical background?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

First contact/interview was through a job fair. Second interview over the phone with district manager. Third interview in person with district manager. Then rode along for a day with a current employee. HR phone interview, then hot/cold contact with district manager for 2 months. Lots of delayed or altogether broken promises. Overall, interview/process seemed neverending, but the kicker was the lack of common courtesy in telling me straight-up when they were going to make up their minds and sticking to their promises. I'd have to say I'm disappointed with the people, and I'm glad I saw their true colors before ever having the chance to with for them.