Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ecolab
- Territory Manager (12)
- Route Sales Manager (7)
- Territory Representative (6)
- Territory Sales Manager (6)
- Territory Sales Representative (3)
- Assistant Marketing Manager (3)
- Route Manager (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- Sales Engineer (2)
- Sales (2)
- Internship (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- District Manager Pest Elimination (2)
- Senior Area Manager - South East Asia (1)
- Human Resources/C&B (1)
- Pure Force Territory Representative (Sales & Service) (1)
- Pest Route Technician (1)
- Technical Engineer III (1)
- Territory Sales (1)
- Route Sales Representative (1)
- Development Program (1)
- Marketing Associate (1)
- Marketing Director (1)
- Technician (1)
- Teritory Manager (1)
- Territorial Sales Representative (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Production Engineer (1)
- Black Belt (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceNo OfferNeutral Experience
Interview was delayed for almost 20 minutes. There were two interviewers including the HR manager. A very good description of the job scopes and working culture. However, the HR manager looked rather bored and replies were indifferent. Half way through the interview the HR manager got a call and left and never appear again.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at Ecolab (Houston, TX) in March 2014.
I applied through a university. The interviewer was nice, but she seemed to want to rush the interview. The recruiter looked over my resume and asked questions. We went through my previous job experience and she seemed to base some of her questions over what I had on my resume. Overall it lasted about 30minutes.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a day – interviewed at Ecolab (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.
They began by introducing themselves and what they do at the company and then opened the floor for me to tell them more about myself. Next, they asked about five situational interview questions. I then was able to ask any questions that I had, and they asked me a few more questions about my locational preference.
- Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation or person and how you handled it. (I'm paraphrasing, but it was something along those lines.) Answer Question
- Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision that was unpopular and although you received a lot of black lash from the decision you stuck to it. (Again, I'm paraphrasing.) Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source – interviewed at Ecolab in January 2011.
I was asked many Mechanical questions, and given a Mechanical written test, also asked about my former jobs. Had 3 people asking me questions, Also had to take a drug test and asked if I did drugs or drank alcohol. What my sales and service experience was, and how much money I made and how much I want to make ?
- How many years did you work at your current job and why are you leaving it to come work for us? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2014.
It's a lengthy process from the time you interview to the time you get hire on. Ecolab likes to have the candidate interview with 5 different people on the same day. Each person that you interview with asked different questions and serve a different purpose. Be prepare and sound sincerely in your answers.
- The typical interview questions. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Ecolab (Pune (India)) in July 2013.
First phone screening then they will call you for aptitude test. this test will be based on technical and non technical. After these two round there will be personnel interview in which they will ask some technical questions. final interview will be based on your family background check, why you wanna join this company.
- Basic chemical Engineering questions Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Ecolab in March 2015.
The interview was straightforward. What are your weaknesses, what accomplishments do you have, what was most challenging in a certain part of a job. She also asked why I left certain jobs and if I left because I needed certain experience because I needed to move into a higher up position.
- They went through my resume and asked about each job experience. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Ecolab (Wailuku, HI) in February 2015.
I met with the District Manager at a very casual location. He was very cordial and earnest in his questions. He held constant eye contact, as did I. This DM was very interested in hiring someone with communication skills as well as someone who could be depended upon. Someone who was willing to climb up the totem pole and advance their career with Ecolab.
- Describe a situation in which a customer was unhappy and you went above and beyond and turned the situation around? Answer Question
- Describe a situation with an employer or otherwise that started with conflict that you were able to peacefully resolve with positive outcomes for both parties. 1 Answer
- Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for your company and it's reputation without being asked. Answer Question
You receive the offer and either accept or reject. Their is no negotiation. This is a company that wants you to start from the bottom and work to the top. If you want to make more money, earn a promotion.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
interview process was very easy, very basic question and straight forward. meet with HR and operations manager, The overall process is simple. The questions and process is simple.Good Luck
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Ecolab (Naperville, IL) in January 2015.
The interview day was long, lasted from 8:00-3:30. I gave an hour presentation on previous work, and then had 30 minute interviews with about 8 people. The individual interviews were fairly informal, nothing too technical.
- tell us a time at your old job where you faced a particularly large obstacle or challenge , and how did you overcome it? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review