Ecolab

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

ECOLAB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ecolab in November 2014.

1 HR interview
    The hr interview is very easy, just some questions on introducing yourself and about your knowledge about the company and the job you are applying for.
    2 District manager interview
    The manager just tries to know you well, he will ask you about your friends, your education, your assets, your outings, your vacation spots
    3 SHL test
    Behavioral test and situation based questions

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were subjected to a situation where taking a bribe is your only option to attain your sales target?   View Answer

Teritory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online – interviewed at Ecolab.

İt was ver easy to get into the company. Everyone can get into the company who can express themselves obviously. because the company care about the personality at first step.

Pure Force Territory Representative (Sales & Service) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ecolab in October 2014.

I have applied online, it took almost 10 days to reach the step to be interviewed by Area Manager (AM) but I threw a towel before I see the AM by withdrawing the application. First telephone interview by a HR personnel from St.Paul, MN & then with a District Manager (DM) face-to-face at a Courtyard Hotel. Interview questions about your education, work history & looking to see if you're mechanically inclined person or not. Not difficult & typical interview questions They say you'll be in "Sales" too but don't believe that, as I understand %80 of the job which is "Service" meaning you go to restaurants & repair their dishwasher & you're on call 24 hours from M-F in your territory & every rotating 4-weekend in very large territory area, lots of driving. I really don't mind being on-call every 4th weekend but I do hate the idea being on call 24-hour from M-F in my territory. You can not make any plan with your family, your friends ....end of your social life & now you're a property of Pure Force / Ecolab. According to the time you put in (from leaving home to coming back home) which is not typical 40-hour job, my guess is 60+ hours. They offer me $45,000/year, either they don't math or the company thinks we are very stupid !... On the average you would actually work minimum 65 hours/week, with the simple math $45,000/52= $865.38, hourly rate would be $13.31 (865.38/65). Being away from your home & family. Amount of compensation does not just cut this kind of work, not to mention terrible work/life balance ratio plus you'll probably get divorced from your wife too. I am asking now myself, is it really worth it ?

Interview Questions
    • DM asked me "There are approximately 20 working days in a month, if you want to visit & do Preventive Maintenance for your top 100 customers in your territory, 6 customers/day (assuming that there is no emergency service call/s), how would you manage your time among customers? If you have extra time, what would you do ?   View Answer

Ridiculously unmanageable customers in one territory, being on-call 24/7 & relatively low salary.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ecolab in July 2010.

I was interviewed by a friend who worked at the company and the Creative Director. The interview was very informal and basically just showed my portfolio and got the job. His wife was leaving the company because she was pregnant. The interview was short and there was nothing that stood out as difficult. I had to do some testing once I was hired as part of the on bording process.

N/A

District Manager Pest Elimination Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab in August 2014.

It was a complete joke. There was zero communication between the various departments. It is very obvious it's a god ole boys network. Human Resources was completely clueless. The only reason in which HR was involved was because they wanted to feel important. This was the exact words out of the Regional Managers mouth.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior based questions. Tell me about a time.   Answer Question

Route Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab.

Quite Long ... Phone Interview, DM Interview if you pass phone interview. Ride along with rep (generally won't let you ride with experienced honest associates) where you are encouraged to ask questions and see if you think the job is for you. The RSM position is very mechanical versus sales. There is overtime (you don't get paid for that as Ecolab feels that because you get paid commision, you get paid 24/7/365.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult or unexpected questions. You must have sales and mechanical experience. This is especially important for RSM as it is much more mechanical than sales. Most sales are already made for you.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation. Ecolab has an attitude that if you don't like it, we can find someone else.

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Very nice people at corporate, took care of everything to come interview They flew me in and gave me an interview after several phone interviews. they were very upfront about the situation.

Human Resources/C&B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ecolab in July 2013.

Offer was extended (formally mailed) to me by the Head-HR; joining date was indicated. I negotiated & then we finally agreed upon the compensation. He was to get back to me with the final/revised offer. And, then these people went silent. I tried calling him up/ sent mails/ SMS... but no response. I followed up with him for almost 2 months. Finally I wrote to the MD & then I got a call from the HR Head that they will not be able to hire me.
    Extremely unprofessional behaviour! They can ruin somebody's career.

Interview Questions
    Extremely unprofessional behaviour! They can ruin somebody's career.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab.

Was hired after temping for them for six months, their hiring process is not fast, it takes a while to get approval for the person depending on the position. The interviews were not difficult, but they were scheduled for a full day of interview.

Yes, negotiation are possible

Pest Control Technician Interview

Fast response to my application, human resources did a phone interview, then one in the office with a manger then a ride along, seemed like everything was good then no contact.

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were difficult, it seemed more geared towards turning me away from the job   Answer Question