Ecolab

2.9

Pest Route Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wailuku, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wailuku, HI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in February 2015.

I met with the District Manager at a very casual location. He was very cordial and earnest in his questions. He held constant eye contact, as did I. This DM was very interested in hiring someone with communication skills as well as someone who could be depended upon. Someone who was willing to climb up the totem pole and advance their career with Ecolab.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which a customer was unhappy and you went above and beyond and turned the situation around?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation with an employer or otherwise that started with conflict that you were able to peacefully resolve with positive outcomes for both parties.   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for your company and it's reputation without being asked.   Answer Question
    You receive the offer and either accept or reject. Their is no negotiation. This is a company that wants you to start from the bottom and work to the top. If you want to make more money, earn a promotion.

Acct Executive Interview

interview process was very easy, very basic question and straight forward. meet with HR and operations manager, The overall process is simple. The questions and process is simple.Good Luck

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in January 2015.

The interview day was long, lasted from 8:00-3:30. I gave an hour presentation on previous work, and then had 30 minute interviews with about 8 people. The individual interviews were fairly informal, nothing too technical.

Interview Questions
    • tell us a time at your old job where you faced a particularly large obstacle or challenge , and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

On campus interview. Did a lot of networking. Networking is the key. Interview is very simple. 1 behavioral and 1 case interview. One of them was a person I already knew. Experience in marketing is a plus point. Understand their business model. Ecolab is top notch company and it is worth all the time. Spend time in research

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab.

They strung me along because I was a female and they wanted to hire me. The people who have final say so didn't allow and they couldn't tell me that. They just said that there were not any openings, at the moment! I wish I never gave them all my time at the career fair. I could have spoke to more recruiters from other companies.

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

4 step process that begins with phone screening, panel interview, ride-along with current staff, and ending with secondary panel interview with management. The process was seamless and well communicated with me. The ability to see the job on the ride-along is very informative for an applicant to decide whether it is the correct career to accept if offered the position. The panel interview and ride-along stressed to the candidates to ask probing questions to ensure an accurate assessment leads to an understanding of the job type and whether the candidate can excel at this role.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked is 'what is it that I want to do?'   Answer Question

ECOLAB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ecolab in November 2014.

1 HR interview
    The hr interview is very easy, just some questions on introducing yourself and about your knowledge about the company and the job you are applying for.
    2 District manager interview
    The manager just tries to know you well, he will ask you about your friends, your education, your assets, your outings, your vacation spots
    3 SHL test
    Behavioral test and situation based questions

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were subjected to a situation where taking a bribe is your only option to attain your sales target?   View Answer

Teritory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online – interviewed at Ecolab.

İt was ver easy to get into the company. Everyone can get into the company who can express themselves obviously. because the company care about the personality at first step.

Pure Force Territory Representative (Sales & Service) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jackson, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ecolab in October 2014.

I have applied online, it took almost 10 days to reach the step to be interviewed by Area Manager (AM) but I threw a towel before I see the AM by withdrawing the application. First telephone interview by a HR personnel from St.Paul, MN & then with a District Manager (DM) face-to-face at a Courtyard Hotel. Interview questions about your education, work history & looking to see if you're mechanically inclined person or not. Not difficult & typical interview questions They say you'll be in "Sales" too but don't believe that, as I understand %80 of the job which is "Service" meaning you go to restaurants & repair their dishwasher & you're on call 24 hours from M-F in your territory & every rotating 4-weekend in very large territory area, lots of driving. I really don't mind being on-call every 4th weekend but I do hate the idea being on call 24-hour from M-F in my territory. You can not make any plan with your family, your friends ....end of your social life & now you're a property of Pure Force / Ecolab. According to the time you put in (from leaving home to coming back home) which is not typical 40-hour job, my guess is 60+ hours. They offer me $45,000/year, either they don't math or the company thinks we are very stupid !... On the average you would actually work minimum 65 hours/week, with the simple math $45,000/52= $865.38, hourly rate would be $13.31 (865.38/65). Being away from your home & family. Amount of compensation does not just cut this kind of work, not to mention terrible work/life balance ratio plus you'll probably get divorced from your wife too. I am asking now myself, is it really worth it ?

Interview Questions
    • DM asked me "There are approximately 20 working days in a month, if you want to visit & do Preventive Maintenance for your top 100 customers in your territory, 6 customers/day (assuming that there is no emergency service call/s), how would you manage your time among customers? If you have extra time, what would you do ?   View Answer

Ridiculously unmanageable customers in one territory, being on-call 24/7 & relatively low salary.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ecolab in July 2010.

I was interviewed by a friend who worked at the company and the Creative Director. The interview was very informal and basically just showed my portfolio and got the job. His wife was leaving the company because she was pregnant. The interview was short and there was nothing that stood out as difficult. I had to do some testing once I was hired as part of the on bording process.

N/A