Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.9

Human Resource Interview

Interview

Interview was delayed for almost 20 minutes. There were two interviewers including the HR manager. A very good description of the job scopes and working culture. However, the HR manager looked rather bored and replies were indifferent. Half way through the interview the HR manager got a call and left and never appear again.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ecolab (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through a university. The interviewer was nice, but she seemed to want to rush the interview. The recruiter looked over my resume and asked questions. We went through my previous job experience and she seemed to base some of her questions over what I had on my resume. Overall it lasted about 30minutes.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ecolab (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They began by introducing themselves and what they do at the company and then opened the floor for me to tell them more about myself. Next, they asked about five situational interview questions. I then was able to ask any questions that I had, and they asked me a few more questions about my locational preference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation or person and how you handled it. (I'm paraphrasing, but it was something along those lines.)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision that was unpopular and although you received a lot of black lash from the decision you stuck to it. (Again, I'm paraphrasing.)   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ecolab in January 2011.

Interview

I was asked many Mechanical questions, and given a Mechanical written test, also asked about my former jobs. Had 3 people asking me questions, Also had to take a drug test and asked if I did drugs or drank alcohol. What my sales and service experience was, and how much money I made and how much I want to make ?

Interview Questions

• How many years did you work at your current job and why are you leaving it to come work for us?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

It's a lengthy process from the time you interview to the time you get hire on. Ecolab likes to have the candidate interview with 5 different people on the same day. Each person that you interview with asked different questions and serve a different purpose. Be prepare and sound sincerely in your answers.

Technical Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ecolab (Pune (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

First phone screening then they will call you for aptitude test. this test will be based on technical and non technical. After these two round there will be personnel interview in which they will ask some technical questions. final interview will be based on your family background check, why you wanna join this company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. What are your weaknesses, what accomplishments do you have, what was most challenging in a certain part of a job. She also asked why I left certain jobs and if I left because I needed certain experience because I needed to move into a higher up position.

Interview Questions

• They went through my resume and asked about each job experience.   Answer Question

Pest Route Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wailuku, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab (Wailuku, HI) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with the District Manager at a very casual location. He was very cordial and earnest in his questions. He held constant eye contact, as did I. This DM was very interested in hiring someone with communication skills as well as someone who could be depended upon. Someone who was willing to climb up the totem pole and advance their career with Ecolab.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which a customer was unhappy and you went above and beyond and turned the situation around?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation with an employer or otherwise that started with conflict that you were able to peacefully resolve with positive outcomes for both parties.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for your company and it's reputation without being asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You receive the offer and either accept or reject. Their is no negotiation. This is a company that wants you to start from the bottom and work to the top. If you want to make more money, earn a promotion.

Acct Executive Interview

Interview

interview process was very easy, very basic question and straight forward. meet with HR and operations manager, The overall process is simple. The questions and process is simple.Good Luck

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab (Naperville, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview day was long, lasted from 8:00-3:30. I gave an hour presentation on previous work, and then had 30 minute interviews with about 8 people. The individual interviews were fairly informal, nothing too technical.

Interview Questions

• tell us a time at your old job where you faced a particularly large obstacle or challenge , and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question