Ecolab

Average Difficulty
100 candidate interviews

Route Sales Manager Interview

Route Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – Quite Long ... Phone Interview, DM Interview if you pass phone interview. Ride along with rep (generally won't let you ride with experienced honest associates) where you are encouraged to ask questions and see if you think the job is for you. The RSM position is very mechanical versus sales. There is overtime (you don't get paid for that as Ecolab feels that because you get paid commision, you get paid 24/7/365.

Interview Question – There are no difficult or unexpected questions. You must have sales and mechanical experience. This is especially important for RSM as it is much more mechanical than sales. Most sales are already made for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation. Ecolab has an attitude that if you don't like it, we can find someone else.

Management Interview

Management

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – Very nice people at corporate, took care of everything to come interview They flew me in and gave me an interview after several phone interviews. they were very upfront about the situation.

Interview Question – Situation which was the most difficult to handle.   Answer Question

Human Resources/C&B Interview

Human Resources/C&B
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ecolab in July 2013.

Interview Details – Offer was extended (formally mailed) to me by the Head-HR; joining date was indicated. I negotiated & then we finally agreed upon the compensation. He was to get back to me with the final/revised offer. And, then these people went silent. I tried calling him up/ sent mails/ SMS... but no response. I followed up with him for almost 2 months. Finally I wrote to the MD & then I got a call from the HR Head that they will not be able to hire me.
Extremely unprofessional behaviour! They can ruin somebody's career.

Interview Question – Interview as such was ok; not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was extended (formally mailed) to me by the Head-HR; joining date was indicated. I negotiated & then we finally agreed upon the compensation. He was to get back to me with the final/revised offer. And, then these people went silent. I tried calling him up/ sent mails/ SMS... but no response. I followed up with him for almost 2 months. Finally I wrote to the MD & then I got a call from the HR Head that they will not be able to hire me.
Extremely unprofessional behaviour! They can ruin somebody's career.

Anonymous Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Ecolab in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process starts with telephone interviews that are quite extensive. Once past that, you will have face to face interviews with several VP Executives and Higher. If you get past this, you will then be required to take a Caliper Test. Then you will be sent to Corporate for a full day of extensive interviewing

Interview Question – Caliper Test was challenging.   View Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – Was hired after temping for them for six months, their hiring process is not fast, it takes a while to get approval for the person depending on the position. The interviews were not difficult, but they were scheduled for a full day of interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiation are possible

Pest Control Technician Interview

Pest Control Technician

Interviewed at Ecolab

Interview Details – Fast response to my application, human resources did a phone interview, then one in the office with a manger then a ride along, seemed like everything was good then no contact.

Interview Question – none of the questions were difficult, it seemed more geared towards turning me away from the job   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

Territory Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ecolab in March 2012.

Interview Details – Thorough interview process including a ride along. This is a great opportunity to see how the job works and the added opportunity to ask questions with individuals in the field, and not a managers view of the job.

Interview Question – None, everything was as expected.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ecolab in October 2010.

Interview Details – I personally did an internship before being hired full time by the company. Usually a typical interview process will go through the district manager and if they think you are a good fit you will go on a ride along for a day to see what a "typical" day will look like.

Interview Question – I was asked a lot about my knowledge of tools and systems more than I was about my sales experience.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – It took about 3 weeks total from beginning to end for the interview process. I applied on Indeed.com, HR contacted me 2 weeks later, I interviewed with the Area Manager and District Manager then had to do a shadowing of an employee to see if I'd enjoy the job.

Interview Question – The interview process was more to see if I could fit in with the company. They didn't ask the normal what is your weakness, your strength questions. They sincerely wanted to get to you you as a person.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ecolab in February 2014.

Interview Details – With HR manager and Finance Manager - wanted me to relate my past experiences with current job to see if i could meet expectations

Interview Question – Give me a time you were stuck in a difficult situation, had to think on the spot, and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!